PDA

View Full Version : Prayers Please for Mr. Neutral

Masterofreality
05-15-2011, 05:05 PM
I know that there are some on this board who have a problem with Mr. Neutral, DAllen15 or whatever the non de plume might be. I ask that anyone who does, put their issues aside and offer a prayer or two for my old classmate and friend. Any differences that you may have with him, are minor when taken in the context of some major challenges that he will have to face. As for those who don't have any negative feelings all the better, please join me, and hopefully all, in offering prayers and indulgences.

I will not disclose the reason, however, trust me when I say that it is very serious....but there is a ray of light for a positive result.

Please, folks. Despite his periodic "glass half empty" attitude, he is a great guy, a passionate Xavier supporter and a Musketeer graduate. He deserves your support.

Time to forget the petty differences and bury the cheap shots.

Thanks in advance.

XU 87
05-15-2011, 05:21 PM
Done

Titanxman04
05-15-2011, 05:28 PM
Done and done.

It's unfortunate that something so serious has to end personal vendettas towards one another. Hope those who don't care for his opinions can at least send some prayers up to the Boss Upstairs.

Keep us posted, MOR.

Muskie
05-15-2011, 06:02 PM
Of Course MOR. I hope to hear of his speedy recovery soon.

chico
05-15-2011, 06:50 PM
You got it, MOR.

MADXSTER
05-15-2011, 06:53 PM
GodSpeed.

Prayers sent.

Blue Blooded-05
05-15-2011, 07:05 PM
Maybe I'm naive but I find it hard to believe anyone on this board would let differences/annoyances get in the way of someone's personal health... especially someone in our own community.

Heck, if you had a prayer request for Mick Cronin's health I'd be on board. It's only a game.

xudash
05-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Prayers offered.

I never had any problems with Gary.

I hope he navigates his way through the current challenge successfully.

Pablo's Brother
05-15-2011, 07:16 PM
He has them.

Xpectations
05-15-2011, 08:04 PM
Of course

LadyMuskie
05-15-2011, 08:08 PM
No matter what, we're all part of the same Xavier family! Prayers sent.

Emp
05-15-2011, 08:21 PM
Done. All for one when one of us is down.

paulxu
05-15-2011, 10:07 PM
Will do. Hope he is OK.

wkrq59
05-16-2011, 12:02 AM
MOR, prayers of course are on the way. Never was any animosity and never will be in that regard for anyone on these boards. Tell Gary if he hasn't or isn't able to read these boards that Angel Marianne is on the way to Chicago and will know how to find him. Also, if he has need for more help, Angel Luke, a rookie, will join Marianne. What he lacks in experience he makes up for in enthusiasm. You can't frown when he's around.
Have you sent anything to MM? Thanks for the alert.:(

Masterofreality
05-16-2011, 07:21 AM
My, Gawd. Enough already.

Olsingledigit
05-16-2011, 08:56 AM
As posted also on MM, all of the Lew Hirt Society members (Gary is one of our stalwarts) are on board the prayer list. Get well soon, Gary and get back to holding up the Xavier BB program.

muskiefan82
05-16-2011, 10:14 AM
On their way...

X-Fan
05-16-2011, 12:09 PM
Done.

nickgyp
05-16-2011, 02:17 PM
Ditto! Get well!!

vee4xu
05-16-2011, 08:39 PM
Wow, I am really sorry to hear about Gary. I like the guy. Every time I've met him or emailed him in the past he has been nothing less than gracious. Whatever it is that ails him, I pray that he will be okay.

GuyFawkes38
05-16-2011, 08:41 PM
Thoughts and prayers sent.

He's a great contributor to X basketball.

blobfan
05-17-2011, 12:14 PM
I will add my prayers to the group as well.

Porkopolis
05-17-2011, 01:17 PM
I too will pray.

XUglow
05-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Good luck, Gary.

boozehound
05-17-2011, 01:22 PM
I will be praying for a speedy recovery as well.

Masterofreality
06-08-2011, 09:10 PM
Update.

Mr. Neutral has begun his chemo therapy treatments, then later surgery.

Any and all prayers are appreciated for my old friend.

He also has a "Caring Bridge" website that you can visit if you're interested.

Mr. Neutral's story (http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/garygriffin)

Please folks. Respect, and best wishes for a passionate Musketeer.

xudash
06-08-2011, 09:31 PM
Update.

Mr. Neutral has begun his chemo therapy treatments, then later surgery.

Any and all prayers are appreciated for my old friend.

He also has a "Caring Bridge" website that you can visit if you're interested.

Mr. Neutral's story (http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/garygriffin)

Please folks. Respect, and best wishes for a passionate Musketeer.

MOR, I wrote him a note on the Caring Bridge site. Thanks for passing that along.

Muskie
06-08-2011, 10:05 PM
I just left Gary a short message as well. I hope he has a quick recovery.

Emp
06-13-2011, 08:39 AM
Thanks for posting, MOR. Logged in. Amazing that he was able to get in 9 holes in the middle of chemo.

xeus
06-30-2011, 08:38 AM
MOR, any update on Gary's progress?

XUglow
06-30-2011, 09:56 AM
MOR, any update on Gary's progress?

The Caring Bridge link that MOR posted is constantly updated. He has a 4:47am entry from today in his Journal.

Masterofreality
09-29-2011, 09:21 PM
Just a quick update.

Mr. Neutral had completed his chemotherapy a few weeks ago and all the tests looked good so today, he underwent surgery to, hopefully, remove the tumor completely.

As per a posting from his sister at about 4:00pm today, the surgery was unventful and he's resting comfortably.

We are all hoping and praying that after the post surgery tests, Mr. Neutral will be cancer free and back to his usual curmudgeonly self.

For now, we all remain cautiously optimistic. Your prayers and thoughts are appreciated for my old classmate and friend.

WCWIII
09-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Glad this thread re-surfaced at this time. Chicago Muskies are thinking of Gary - a great line of former chapter presidents showing love and passion for Xavier.

JTG
09-30-2011, 11:45 AM
Just a quick update.

Mr. Neutral had completed his chemotherapy a few weeks ago and all the tests looked good so today, he underwent surgery to, hopefully, remove the tumor completely.

As per a posting from his sister at about 4:00pm today, the surgery was unventful and he's resting comfortably.

We are all hoping and praying that after the post surgery tests, Mr. Neutral will be cancer free and back to his usual curmudgeonly self.

For now, we all remain cautiously optimistic. Your prayers and thoughts are appreciated for my old classmate and friend.

Hardly uneventful, they cut out part of his stomach, cut off part of his esophagus, and then reattached both. Hope he's doing well, sounds like it will be a long recovery. I hope he is back to his grouchy self soon.

GreatWhiteNorth
09-30-2011, 01:46 PM
God is smiling on you, so get well quick, Mr. Neutral. I can't wait to read your posts again real soon.

Masterofreality
09-30-2011, 02:36 PM
Hardly uneventful, they cut out part of his stomach, cut off part of his esophagus, and then reattached both. Hope he's doing well, sounds like it will be a long recovery. I hope he is back to his grouchy self soon.

What I meant to say was that there were no complications.

We're all hoping and praying for the best.

blobfan
10-03-2011, 12:11 PM
Sending prayers that he continues his complicatin-free recovery.

Fred Garvin 2.0
10-03-2011, 01:48 PM
Yeah, I hope he keeps his spirits up. Sounds like he did the ironman that is lugging the IV for a trip around the nurses' station. It's good he's able to sit up in a chair for bits at a time.

If he has to go to a rehab facility may he have a Notre Dame lovin'/Chris Christie supporter as a roomate.:D

nickgyp
10-03-2011, 06:56 PM
Mr. N:

Get well. Prayers offered and God speed!

Masterofreality
10-03-2011, 08:53 PM
This from his sister Joyce:

"(Mr. Neutral) out of ICU and on the regular cardio/thoracic floor - which is fabulous! He's still sleeping a lot and doing his respiratory treatments - two good things. Yes, he has pain, but it's manageable, AND he does have his little "pain pump" which is a great invention. Thursday they'll give him "purple juice" (not wine) so they can see if he's leaking. If not, he might be going home at the end of this week. Amazing!!
That's today's Gary Update and it's a blessed one. All your prayers and wishes seemed to have done their job."

Thanks, folks. It's looking up.

xeus
10-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the update MOR. Keep up the good work Mr. Neutral, we're all pulling for you.

Masterofreality
10-07-2011, 11:10 AM
More good news from Mr. Neutral's sister:

"No leaks from his drinking of purple juice yesterday- This means his surgery was a total success !! Along with his clean biopsy results yesterday, this is a very emotional day for all. We're meeting with his caseworker later on today and he might be going home tomorrow. He's really looking forward to that - sleeping in his own bed and sitting on the porch."

If you guys want to post something on his "guestbook" on Caring Bridge, here's the address:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/garygriffin

paulxu
10-07-2011, 11:52 AM
That's great news. He'll probably have the case worker, or Kathy, posting on MM in no time.

muskiefan82
10-07-2011, 11:59 AM
Good stuff and great to hear.

Fred Garvin 2.0
10-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Sounds like he is rallying and eager to get off that feeding tube. I'm guessing they'll send a speech therapist out to help him with swallowing techniques. Chin tucks, Thick It, etc.

I'll continue to pray for him.

Masterofreality
01-13-2012, 09:17 AM
For thow who care, and I hope that there are many, here's the good news from my friend, classmate, LHS Brother and great Xavier fan, Mr. Neutral:

"My visit with my oncologist, Dr. Newman, went fine. All my blood numbers, etc., look good. My chest is clear, and my weight's holding steady (191 lbs.). As of my 10AM visit today, he didn't yet have the x-ray results from an hour earlier, but he will have that tomorrow. He did have the results from the endoscopy they did on Dec. 30th, when they did the 2nd dilation of my esophagus, and that looked fine.

He gave me the OK to go back to work part-time, so my plan is to start off with a Monday-Wednesday-Friday 9AM-IPM schedule, and build on that. My first day back will be next Wednesday, Jan. 18th.

For the umpteenth time, thanks from the bottom of my heart for all your help and support, and I can only hope that I'll be forwarding these "all clear" updates for years to come.

"Mr. N."

He's had a very rough last 3 months and the surgery was apparently a real bitch, but things are finally recovering nicely. Thanks for all the prayers, folks. Looks like God has protected another Muskie.

Porkopolis
01-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Glad to hear the positive update!

paulxu
01-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Great news!

wkrq59
01-13-2012, 02:10 PM
MOR, thanks for the update. Gary, the angel stays with you until you break par on the course your next round. Treat him well. The prayers will also continue and thanks for all the love you have shown Xavier and all the reason you have provided on both boards. God bless you, too...76-53. :):D

chico
01-13-2012, 06:04 PM
Great news about the original "admin." Good to see things are going well.

xudash
01-13-2012, 06:18 PM
That is excellent news for a true Muskie fan.