PDA

View Full Version : "Maybe they'll need a moat."

Fred Garvin 2.0
05-11-2011, 12:07 AM
Ah, what a consensus builder. This guy really reaches across the aisle. Has there ever been a more partisan piece of shyt to occupy the oval office. Just look at this scumbag pander to the hispanics.

Need we review? Mr. New Politics had the class to blast Bush as he stood behind him at the innaguration.

He lectured Supreme Court justices who dared differ with Mr.Constituional Law Professor.

Told repubs, that he allegedly wanted to work with, to "sit in the back."

He, in his most common tactic, sicked Eric Holter and his justice department on Arizona and any state that dare differ with the Messiah's interpretation.

Went to Notre Dame and lectured catholics on tolerance. Tho he himself doesn't possess this quality.

Many more examples. My point is that this guy is a partisan politician(if yer honest, worst than most).

If yer a supporter you may feel validated that his is the greatest presidency ever. That's fine. Just don't tell me he lived up to his campaing b.s of being The Post Partisan President. Cuz we all know he made a mockery of that.

bobbiemcgee
05-11-2011, 12:19 AM
[QUOTE=Fred Garvin 2.0;271814 My point is that this guy is a partisan politician.[/QUOTE]

Aren't they all? No surprise.

Fred Garvin 2.0
05-11-2011, 12:34 AM

Well his supporters told me he was the new deal. So did he. Are you saying otherwise. And please don't say his was the same old pap of any politician. Yes we Can!

Cause Chris Matthews and his ilk weren't getting a chill down the leg from Dukakis.

wkrq59
05-11-2011, 03:38 AM

McGee, say any damn thing you like. Fred is not God, just a rage-filled person

Fred Garvin 2.0
05-11-2011, 03:57 AM

another lib that worked in the media. get over yourself.
Whenever I read your nostalgia I have this lament: If only this guy could actually write.

Fred Garvin 2.0
05-11-2011, 04:03 AM

Wait, is your avatar a toast to yourself. Cuz back in the day I heard Gamble and Skinny refer to you as bear. Are you really that egotistical?

Jumpy
05-11-2011, 06:16 AM
Wow, Fred was on a roll last night. He was still on his all-night bender when I woke up for work this morning.

paulxu
05-11-2011, 06:39 AM
Fred did not get enough sleep last night.

Titanxman04
05-11-2011, 07:52 AM
Can't the mods make a political forum too? And then can we take that political forum, and keep those threads from showing up on the same page like the networking one? Those who are passionate about it can keep coming back and checking on it.

I hate politics. Maybe it's because I don't want to grow up, but man, politics just gets everyone's panties in a bunch, and truthfully, it sours this board in my opinion.

Fred, this isn't just you. It's a fair lot on here. It's nothing personal folks, but man, I just want to come on here to read about sports. Call me a child (Lord knows I have the maturity of one), but I just f*cking hate politics.

bobbiemcgee
05-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Well his supporters told me he was the new deal. So did he. Are you saying otherwise. And please don't say his was the same old pap of any politician. Yes we Can!

Cause Chris Matthews and his ilk weren't getting a chill down the leg from Dukakis.

This can't be news to you. He ran as a Democrat, not an Independent. Did you review his voting record in the Senate? Straight down the dem line. Every f'ing politician sez he going to "reach across the aisle." ALWAYS Bullsh*t. They say that cuz they're trying to get elected. Duh.

Porkopolis
05-11-2011, 10:55 AM
Can't the mods make a political forum too? And then can we take that political forum, and keep those threads from showing up on the same page like the networking one? Those who are passionate about it can keep coming back and checking on it.

I hate politics. Maybe it's because I don't want to grow up, but man, politics just gets everyone's panties in a bunch, and truthfully, it sours this board in my opinion.

Fred, this isn't just you. It's a fair lot on here. It's nothing personal folks, but man, I just want to come on here to read about sports. Call me a child (Lord knows I have the maturity of one), but I just f*cking hate politics.

I love politics, but I have to admit I think your idea has merit. Political "discourse" has turned into name calling and whining. Not just around these parts, but the country in general. Hell, my own dad called me a crazy environmentalist nutjob last night. And that was when we were mostly agreeing on something!

GoMuskies
05-11-2011, 11:18 AM
I don't think we need a separate forum. This board hasn't been too crazy with the politics.

xeus
05-11-2011, 11:30 AM
I think we have enough forums as it is. Look down the list of topics in the Out on the Mall forum - it's not like it's even half politics. And then we'd get into issues such as where do you put a thread about streetcars? Where do union discussions go? How about library funding? Does that automatically all get lumped into "politics"?

If you just want to read about sports, stay in the sports related forums. I really think it's as simple as that.

Porkopolis
05-11-2011, 11:38 AM
I think we have enough forums as it is. Look down the list of topics in the Out on the Mall forum - it's not like it's even half politics. And then we'd get into issues such as where do you put a thread about streetcars? Where do union discussions go? How about library funding? Does that automatically all get lumped into "politics"?

If you just want to read about sports, stay in the sports related forums. I really think it's as simple as that.

Fair enough. In that case I would suggest the answer is more civility rather than a separate forum. Some of the political topics belong in the smack forum more than anywhere. It drives me crazy that politics can't be discussed without name-calling. I'm not suggesting policy changes, just self-policing. I think some really good posters (one says as much above) are turned off of the whole forum because of the political heat.

As I said, I love politics. But I think perhaps people could realize that we are all Xavier fans and act accordingly.