PDA

View Full Version : Dunk or not?

joebba
02-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Did anyone think the quote "Superman" dunk was not a dunk at all. It was awesome but he threw the ball through the hoop about 5 feet away from the hoop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rp__vGs3fa8

BlueGuy
02-17-2008, 07:48 PM
It was closer to a tip in than a dunk.

The Artist
02-17-2008, 07:50 PM
Agree 100%. It was closer to a jump shot than a dunk. Maybe a floater...

OX09
02-17-2008, 09:02 PM
not a dunk; technically shouldn't count...

the jdges at the dunk contest should have instant replay -j/k

Drew's Crew
02-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Yeah it wasn't a dunk, but it was actually Nelson's fault. If he had given him a better throw, he would have been able to dunk it.

Instead of carrying his momentum towards the hoop, Howard had to go straight up to get it. Which is why he wasn't able to dunk.

Kahns Krazy
02-17-2008, 09:10 PM
Floater? Drew has a floater. That was a monster throw down. While it wasn't a traditional grasp the rim dunk, it was more dunk than anything else. The ball leaves his hand about a foot from the rim, and he throws it down through the rim.

It may not be traditional dunk, but I found it entertaining. Throwing the ball down through the rim from a distance is probably harder than doing it right next to the rim.

Cheesehead
02-18-2008, 11:04 PM
Not a dunk perse, but extremely atheltic move nonetheless. He covered an amaxing abount of space in the air.

D-West & PO-Z
02-18-2008, 11:14 PM
Maybe he should have won the jumping contest, because that wasnt a dunk. If he tried to dunk it he would not have made it because he was way too far out. Looked cool, especially with the superman outfit, but not a dunk.

xuirish
02-18-2008, 11:18 PM
I think Green's cupcake dunk was the best, it was creative and it was a good dunk. I wish the NBA would let them raise the hoop to 12ft, both green and howard have tried unsuccessfully the last 2 years, why not give it a shot.

Kahns Krazy
02-18-2008, 11:34 PM
At least according to the NCAA, the "Superman" would be considered a dunk:

Section 19. Dunk
Art. 1. A dunk occurs when any player gains control of a ball that is neither
in the cylinder nor on the ring and then attempts to drive, force or stuff the
ball through the basket.