PDA

View Full Version : Purdue has assembled all Indiana Staff

Muskie
05-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Coach Matt Painter (Purdue Alum)
Asst. Greg Gary (Anderson Highland High School)
Asst. Jack Owens (Indianapolis Washington High School) and
Asst. Micah Shrewsberry (Indianapolis Cathedral High School).

Looks like they're trying to lock down Indiana talent.

whitesox
05-03-2011, 07:34 PM
Coach Matt Painter (Purdue Alum)
Asst. Greg Gary (Anderson Highland High School)
Asst. Jack Owens (Indianapolis Washington High School) and
Asst. Micah Shrewsberry (Indianapolis Cathedral High School).

Looks like they're trying to lock down Indiana talent.

I think they're trying to catch up with IU.

STL_XUfan
05-03-2011, 07:48 PM
I think they're trying to catch up with IU.

Should probably pull the e-brake and wait a few years then.

whitesox
05-04-2011, 09:08 AM
Should probably pull the e-brake and wait a few years then.

Recruiting-wise? They are way behind for 2012-14.

Yet to be seen how it will play out on the court for sure. But it is really likely they are trying to break IU's stranglehold on the best Indiana prospects over the next three years.

XUFan09
05-04-2011, 09:42 PM

Yet to be seen how it will play out on the court for sure. But it is really likely they are trying to break IU's stranglehold on the best Indiana prospects over the next three years.

Wait, are you saying that Purdue is way behind or Indiana? I believe Purdue already has a few 2013 commits (of course, they might not be Indiana prospects).

SkyWalker
05-05-2011, 07:54 AM

It's my understanding that Purdue is full for 2012 and 2013. According to ESPN Basketball Recruiting in 2012 the Boilers have verbals from:

Jay Simpson PF 4-stars
Rapheal Davis SG 3-stars (from Indiana)
Kyle Molock PG 2-stars

and in 2013...

Basil Smotherman SF 4-stars (from Indiana)
Bryson Scott PG 4-stars (from Indiana)
Kendal Stephens SG 4-stars
Derek Willis SF - 4-stars

I do not believe Purdue is behind Indiana in recruiting. Moreover, I am a little concerned about Xavier's recruiting being that we just picked up two 2012 verbals and have no one for 2013 yet.

A10fan
05-05-2011, 08:41 AM
I do not believe Purdue is behind Indiana in recruiting. Moreover, I am a little concerned about Xavier's recruiting being that we just picked up two 2012 verbals and have no one for 2013 yet.

Why are you concerned about X's recruiting? Only 1/3 of the Rivals Top 100 and Scouts Top100 have committed for 2012 and X is involved in many that are still left. The 2013 rankings haven't even come out yet but X is also being considered by quite a few 5 star recruits.

Not much is going to happen until the summer or fall for the majority of recruits. Let Mack and Co. play it out.

tmac03
05-05-2011, 08:50 AM

Agreed with A10fan. The pace of recruiting in Indiana is a pretty big anomaly right now. Kids from the AAU pipeline IU has built (name of the program escapes me at the moment)are rushing to fill IU's scholarships and Purdue has been trying to counter, resulting in a lot of really early committments. There is still plenty of time for Xavier to fill out its 2012 and 2013 recruiting classes.

SkyWalker
05-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Why are you concerned about X's recruiting? Only 1/3 of the Rivals Top 100 and Scouts Top100 have committed for 2012 and X is involved in many that are still left. The 2013 rankings haven't even come out yet but X is also being considered by quite a few 5 star recruits.

Not much is going to happen until the summer or fall for the majority of recruits. Let Mack and Co. play it out.

I am not overly concerned just a bit. Let's face it, two week ago we didn't have any verbals for 2012 or 2013. Knowing Purdue and Indiana have had a bunch of early commitments bothered me. We are going head-to-head on many of these recruits and Indiana and Purdue are winning. It seems last year we had early commitments from Dee and Dez. Maybe I am just expecting too much. I acknowledge it is still early and there are many outstanding recruits still available. I also have the utmost confidence in Mack and company.