PDA

View Full Version : Back on top

XU-PA
02-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Super win over Charlotte, a game that we could have rolled over and died many many times as Charlotte never ever gave up.

T-Phil, 21 points another double double, she is a scoring and rebounding machine!

Interesting to hear the female announcer (the male was an idiot) talking about the possibility of 3 teams going to the NCAA's from A-10. Interesting, but not convincing. I think were a 2 team conference, and these last regular season games will tell who #2 is rather than the conference tourney.

Win out muskies!!!

cinskyline
02-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Good win by the ladies today. Charlotte's obviously a tough team to play, especially since they always seem to have a nice mix of players.

I agree XU-PA. Only two teams max are going to the NCAA's. Right now X is in the lead for that 2nd spot. The team just needs to stay focused and take care of business.

Bigbluebrotha
02-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Let's not forget that Dawn Staley can get a bid because she's Dawn Staley - All-American, Olympian, etc., etc., etc.

If Temple finishes anywhere close, I think they go.

If our ladies put out half the effort they did today on Thursday at Dayton, they're in sole possession of first place right now. Let's not look back at the what ifs and should've beens.

Tough road trip coming up from the concentration standpoint and I don't believe the team is coming back to Cincy between games. Could help if the team is just out concentrating on basketball the whole week, not that academics should be sacrificed.

Temple's toughest test remaining is St. Joe's, but it does have to travel to St. Louis.

This is far from over. Muskies need to bear down, focus and run the table.

XU-PA
02-18-2008, 06:09 AM
Both Temple and GW have cake walks to the end of the regular season, it's XU that has a battle left before the conference tourney with the Dayton game still on the list.
And that's good and bad.

Good) Sweep the rest of the season and our rpi climbs, GW and Temple can just sit and really have nothing to gain till the tourney starts.

Bad) A loss is a killer.

spongebob
02-18-2008, 02:43 PM
Let's not forget that Dawn Staley can get a bid because she's Dawn Staley - All-American, Olympian, etc., etc., etc.

If Temple finishes anywhere close, I think they go.

If our ladies put out half the effort they did today on Thursday at Dayton, they're in sole possession of first place right now. Let's not look back at the what ifs and should've beens.

Tough road trip coming up from the concentration standpoint and I don't believe the team is coming back to Cincy between games. Could help if the team is just out concentrating on basketball the whole week, not that academics should be sacrificed.

Temple's toughest test remaining is St. Joe's, but it does have to travel to St. Louis.

This is far from over. Muskies need to bear down, focus and run the table.

1. I agree with that wholeheartedly. Does no good to play the what if game.

2. Ditto. They will be fine if they do so.

Interesting to me, beyond Dayton, is the St. Bonnie's team they must meet at their place. They must be brimming with confidence and if you read some of the quotes after the GW game, they seem to be playing with a chip on their collective shoulders. Can't afford to overlook anyone at this juncture. One by one, put em away and move on. Good luck to the ladies this week.