PDA

View Full Version : A Rumor

Lasser83
02-17-2008, 01:58 PM
This is clearly a rumor. But this is a basketball board, not a newspaper. So I don't feel bad passing it around.

here's the site:

http://indiana.rivals.com/showmsg.asp?fid=726&mid=111311874&sid=942&tid=111311874&style=1

hopefully it's true.

nuts4xu
02-17-2008, 02:43 PM
Hope its true. One less school coming to poach our coach at the end of the season would be a good thing.

Good Luck to Skiles. He'll need it.

PM Thor
02-17-2008, 02:55 PM
Indiana hasn't even finished their weeklong "Lets appear like we are doing something" investigation.

I don't really believe this is true.

Stonebreaker
02-17-2008, 03:07 PM
Does seem fairly fast to me. Perhaps Sampson offered to resign to save face, and they fired him instead of accepting it. Who knows.

Drew's Crew
02-17-2008, 03:23 PM
Wow, that would be so freaking awesome.

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up happening.

bourbonman
02-17-2008, 03:25 PM
If he's not out yet, he will be by the end of the week.

Lasser83
02-17-2008, 03:48 PM
I had to run to the store and I put on ESPN radio.

Freddie Coleman said something of the sort, ".....I think Skiles would be a bad decision". And then he discussed the allstar game.

the IU board has reported on Skiles to (a couple of different newspaper sources also comment on the possibilty of Skiles).

whether or not it's Skiles, this is a good development. IU appears to want a more experienced, proven coach than a good young coach with tons of potential.

Muskie
02-17-2008, 04:45 PM
I had to run to the store and I put on ESPN radio.

Freddie Coleman said something of the sort, ".....I think Skiles would be a bad decision". And then he discussed the allstar game.

the IU board has reported on Skiles to (a couple of different newspaper sources also comment on the possibilty of Skiles).

whether or not it's Skiles, this is a good development. IU appears to want a more experienced, proven coach than a good young coach with tons of potential.

A prospective coach's necessary resume for IU:
Indiana bloodlines (state or IU)
Experience
Someone who will preach academics and athletics.