PDA

View Full Version : Your XH Rival

Titanxman04
03-08-2011, 07:26 AM
No doubt, that while we have all made some friends on this board, we've also made some rivals. At risk to stirring up the pot (which would be entertaining for me) I ask who the following question:

Who is YOUR Xavierhoops rival?

There are a couple of ways to take this. Who do you despise, who do you jest with most, etc... Take it how you want. Feel free to explain, but lets keep things at least civil.

Jumpy
03-08-2011, 07:43 AM
To be #1, I have to beat every single one of you. Therefore all you stupid f***ers are my rivals.

blobfan
03-08-2011, 07:51 AM
I'm pretty oblivious. If I have a rival, I'm not aware of it. So far I think I've only pissed of the people who are easily pissed off.

Are you taking odds on how many days it takes Snipe to finish his book in response? God bless him he seems to love pressing buttons.

D-West & PO-Z
03-08-2011, 07:54 AM
No doubt, that while we have all made some friends on this board, we've also made some rivals. At risk to stirring up the pot (which would be entertaining for me) I ask who the following question:

Who is YOUR Xavierhoops rival?

There are a couple of ways to take this. Who do you despise, who do you jest with most, etc... Take it how you want. Feel free to explain, but lets keep things at least civil.

You didnt answer your own question. :D

Kahns Krazy
03-08-2011, 08:03 AM
DC would like to know your definition of rival.

Masterofreality
03-08-2011, 08:11 AM
Fred Garvin2.0- mainly because he is a weak imposter and charlatan of the original Fred Garvin. :rolleyes:

blobfan
03-08-2011, 08:26 AM
Fred Garvin2.0- mainly because he is a weak imposter and charlatan of the original Fred Garvin. :rolleyes:

Hasn't he pretty much decided everyone on the board is his rival? He's come back with a vengeance. I think version 2.0 came with a pre-installed virus.

Jumpy
03-08-2011, 08:39 AM
I'm pretty oblivious. If I have a rival, I'm not aware of it. So far I think I've only pissed of the people who are easily pissed off.

Are you taking odds on how many days it takes Snipe to finish his book in response? God bless him he seems to love pressing buttons.

I always envisioned you, LadyMuskie and XUAB in a three way rivalry vying for the love, respect and attention of all the studly male members of XHoops :D

DC Muskie
03-08-2011, 08:41 AM
DC would like to know your definition of rival.

Yes please. And remember you can only have one.

LadyMuskie
03-08-2011, 08:54 AM
I always envisioned you, LadyMuskie and XUAB in a three way rivalry vying for the love, respect and attention of all the studly male members of XHoops :D

I don't think you're alone in thinking that. ;)

Jumpy
03-08-2011, 08:55 AM
I don't think you're alone in thinking that. ;)

So you're saying there's a chance...

blobfan
03-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Hmmm. Perhaps we are the 3 sirens united against the hordes, attempting to lure you to your own destruction.
;)
I admit that XUABs ability to capture not just the words but the feeling of Coach's radio show has no rivals. And I would say the cuteness of the munchkin in LadyMuskie's current avatar has few rivals. But other than that, the word rivalry doesn't come into play when I think about my fellow lady posters.

Yes please. And remember you can only have one.
XHoops has become Highlander! LOOKOUT!!
:eek:

LadyMuskie
03-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Ha! No. I meant I have a feeling a lot of other "studly" male posters on here imagine the three girls on the board in a three way vying for their attention. I think there is zero chance of it actually happening, but it doesn't mean you can't dream.

blobfan
03-08-2011, 09:00 AM
Ha! No. I meant I have a feeling a lot of other "studly" male posters on here imagine the three girls on the board in a three way vying for their attention. I think there is zero chance of it actually happening, but it doesn't mean you can't dream.

Don't worry; I know. I was writing my response when you posted yours.

I love the reference to studly male posters in light of the many self-deprecating comments about being overweight, old or hirsute. Funny how the advertising changes when directed at a female audience.

LadyMuskie
03-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Don't worry; I know. I was writing my response when you posted yours.

I love the reference to studly male posters in light of the many self-deprecating comments about being overweight, old or hirsute. Funny how the advertising changes when directed at a female audience.

Oops. I meant to quote jumpy's "so there is a chance" post. We must've posted around the same time!

But I agree. When they think we aren't reading they're a lot different than when its directed at us ;)

Jumpy
03-08-2011, 09:20 AM
It's ok. I like a good chase every now and again. Everything I learned about the persuit of the finer sex, I learned from this man:

http://thehotglove.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/PepeLePewHello.png

MFurey
03-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Ivanhoe and his snake bites from the Woods

drudy23
03-08-2011, 09:32 AM
I'm just like the gnat that won't stop flying in your face.

Jumpy
03-08-2011, 09:48 AM
I'm just like the gnat that won't stop flying in your face.

About one topic in particular, at least.

paulxu
03-08-2011, 10:00 AM

Just remember ladies..................

http://www.everydaybacon.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/REAL-GIRLS-EAT-BACON-T-SHIRT-BACON-T-SHIRTS-300x300.jpg

bobbiemcgee
03-08-2011, 11:26 AM
So you're saying there's a chance...

Sounds like the only 3 way you're getting is @ Skyline. :mad:

Jumpy
03-08-2011, 11:29 AM

Surprisingly, I don't think I would want a three way. Keeping one woman pleased is hard enough, two at the same time is too much like work.

danaandvictory
03-08-2011, 11:30 AM
Miami is my rival.

bobbiemcgee
03-08-2011, 11:32 AM
Surprisingly, I don't think I would want a three way. Keeping one woman pleased is hard enough, two at the same time is too much like work.

Like that poor bastard on Big Love.

Snipe
03-08-2011, 11:39 AM
Ankle biters perhaps.

I have no rival.

LadyMuskie
03-08-2011, 11:59 AM

I love that show, and my husband says every week that every man who's thinking about having more than one wife should watch Big Love for all the reasons in the world why you don't want more than one wife to contend with. What do you guys mean? ;)

ATL Muskie
03-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Rival implies competition, and there simply is no competition as far as I am concerned. Maybe a healthy respect and admiration, but no competition. Men want to be me, and women want to be with me. They just don't know it yet.

I know who nuts' rival is, and it almost got the better of him:

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/512WQHCD5GL._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-24,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

blobfan
03-08-2011, 12:10 PM
Rival implies competition, and there simply is no competition as far as I am concerned. Maybe a healthy respect and admiration, but no competition. Men want to be me, and women want to be with me. They just don't know it yet.

Watch it, Roethlisberger. That way of thinking will get you into trouble right quick.

PM Thor
03-08-2011, 12:27 PM

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/512WQHCD5GL._SL500_AA280_PIbundle-24,TopRight,0,0_AA280_SH20_.jpg

Tru Dat.

I HATE dayton.

Titanxman04
03-08-2011, 01:47 PM
You didnt answer your own question. :D

Drews Crew. Though, while most of our debates go on at home, there is some debating ehre and there. Telling that kid he's wrong is impossible. You'll have all the evidence in the world, and he still doesn't give a shit.

The poster on here I cannot stand? sweet16. But that dude has me on block or something. Especially since he found out that, "I'm too young to have my opinions taken seriously." I'm 24 with a degree from X. Sounds smart, huh?

Story of my life, dude. Story. Of. My. Life.

Emp
03-08-2011, 03:30 PM
Miami is my rival.

Then DC Muskie must also be your rival. Nice allusion, props.

What about all the Rep Whores, kickin and scratchin and gouging each other's eyes and reps out?

Rivalries made in A-10 Heaven: MOR and Ms. Bruno......

BBC 08
03-08-2011, 03:34 PM
Then DC Muskie must also be your rival. Nice allusion, props.

What about all the Rep Whores, kickin and scratchin and gouging each other's eyes and reps out?

Rivalries made in A-10 Heaven: MOR and Ms. Bruno......

Rep Whores UNITE!

blobfan
03-08-2011, 03:57 PM
Rep Whores UNITE!

Yeah. Rep whores are more like an orgy than a battle royale. We've got such high rep power we could absolutley decimate each other if the neg repping starts. Would that make neg repping syphilis?

I need to string people along more with my avatar changes. I didn't intend it the last time but it seems that if I wait until someone asks about it before changing, I get a lot more reps out of the deal.

Actually, I don't want to risk something preventing me from updating it so I do try to as soon as I can.

LadyMuskie
03-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Do people really negative rep each other on here? Like regulars negative repping one another? I think I've only negatively repped one poster and it was a troll after the A-10 awards came out last season. I've not agreed with everyone on here, but I've never actually negative repped them. I think I'd feel bad about it.

paulxu
03-08-2011, 04:13 PM
I've not agreed with everyone on here, but I've never actually negative repped them. I think I'd feel bad about it.

Well, I guess that proves you really are a lady.

TheDanimal
03-08-2011, 04:43 PM
The only rival I have with respect to posting on this site is my judgmental hater of an Administrative Assistant...

...oh, and WestIsBest.... something about his hair... hard to say

xu2006
03-08-2011, 05:14 PM
The only rival I have with respect to posting on this site is my judgmental hater of an Administrative Assistant...

...oh, and WestIsBest.... something about his hair... hard to say

No one likes WestIsBest.

Kahns Krazy
03-08-2011, 06:44 PM

You do it for a night, not forever. Duh.

Winning!

X-band '01
03-08-2011, 07:07 PM
I immediately move that this thread be discontinued until the offseason. Now is not a time for potential divisiveness among our fans.

Titanxman04
03-08-2011, 07:09 PM
I immediately move that this thread be discontinued until the offseason. Now is not a time for potential divisiveness among our fans.

X-band '01. He's a douche. :D

Fred Garvin 2.0
03-08-2011, 07:10 PM
Ankle biters perhaps.

I have no rival.

Yes, you are a moron nonpareil.

wkrq59
03-09-2011, 12:20 AM
What need have we of rivals when there is UDump and UC?

blobfan
03-09-2011, 09:38 AM

I grew up believing moron was a term of affection. It was always said with love. I had no idea you felt so warmly to our dear Mr. Snipe.

Fred Garvin 2.0
03-09-2011, 01:21 PM

We may need to get Nuts on a mechanical soft diet.

ATL Muskie
03-09-2011, 02:23 PM
nuts + Jell-O =
http://blogs.bootsnall.com/TravelEvangelist/files/2007/02/ChrisFarleyDaBears.jpg

Kahns Krazy
03-09-2011, 02:39 PM

These things?

http://www.thechocolatestore.com/images/product-pictures/27_L_melty-mints.jpg

X-band '01
10-04-2012, 09:01 PM

So Virgin, is now a good time for divisiveness among the posters?

X-band '01
10-04-2012, 09:02 PM
I should add I'm not as good at replying to myself as Garvin is. Where the hell is Fred these days?

94GRAD
10-04-2012, 09:35 PM
Do people really negative rep each other on here? Like regulars negative repping one another? I think I've only negatively repped one poster and it was a troll after the A-10 awards came out last season. I've not agreed with everyone on here, but I've never actually negative repped them. I think I'd feel bad about it.

I received multiple negative reps after stating my opinions on Mark Lyons.

bigdiggins
10-04-2012, 09:49 PM

I was neg repped and told I'm a terrible human being for stating people should pay their own student loans rather than taxpayers doing it for them.

Mrs. Garrett
10-04-2012, 10:19 PM

Only when I get involved in political discussions. It's rough being one of the few who tend to lean slightly to the left.

RealDeal
10-05-2012, 07:28 AM
I grew up believing moron was a term of affection.

I grew up believing G## damn it was one word.

blobfan
10-05-2012, 12:43 PM
I grew up believing G## damn it was one word.

It's not?

RealDeal
10-05-2012, 12:52 PM
It's not?

It's actually 3 words. I know, crazy.

GoMuskies
10-05-2012, 01:03 PM
GD is definitely one word. Not sure if adding "it" to the end is a real word. So it's like 1.5 words.

stophorseabuse
10-05-2012, 03:56 PM
My rival is MOR via Fox Sports Ohio.

X-band '01
02-20-2016, 09:45 AM
I think LA Muskie v. Lady Muskie is a budding rivalry on this board.

muskiefan82
02-20-2016, 11:07 AM

I thought they were having reflection sessions to deal with it

GIMMFD
02-20-2016, 11:57 AM
I hate you all. I don't know why I come on this board. Especially after you guys ban genius posters like BruceLee54... *sigh*

LA Muskie
02-20-2016, 12:08 PM

I have absolutely no interest in having a rivalry with anyone on this board. None whatsoever.

I come here for our shared love for Xavier University in general and Xavier Basketball in particular. Period.

This is an outlet for me, and I have decided it's going to be positive or it's just not going to be at all. I have enough negativity in my job. I don't need it in my leisure time.

I'm embarrassed that I snapped last night. That's not my nature. I wish I hadn't. Those feelings had been festering for a while. But I apologize for the manner in which I expressed them. It was unnecessary and inappropriate.

PS: To be clear, my post last night had absolutely nothing to do with drinking. I haven't had a drink in weeks--my wife is suffering through a horrible shingles episode and since she can't drink while on all the meds I'm not either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nigel Tufnel
02-20-2016, 01:37 PM
I have absolutely no interest in having a rivalry with anyone on this board. None whatsoever.

I come here for our shared love for Xavier University in general and Xavier Basketball in particular. Period.

This is an outlet for me, and I have decided it's going to be positive or it's just not going to be at all. I have enough negativity in my job. I don't need it in my leisure time.

I'm embarrassed that I snapped last night. That's not my nature. I wish I hadn't. Those feelings had been festering for a while. But I apologize for the manner in which I expressed them. It was unnecessary and inappropriate.

PS: To be clear, my post last night had absolutely nothing to do with drinking. I haven't had a drink in weeks--my wife is suffering through a horrible shingles episode and since she can't drink while on all the meds I'm not either.

I would have handled the shingles episode with my wife a little differently. I would have lovingly told her that I'm going to support her inability to drink by drinking for the both of us. Guess I'm a better husband than you.

paulxu
02-20-2016, 01:41 PM
I thought the Bull/Matador thing was a nice rivalry...until Muskie banned one of them.

Which one, I don't remember.

xudash
02-20-2016, 01:45 PM

Like your philosophy.

Best to your wife.

xu82
02-20-2016, 01:48 PM

No idea what the last post was, and I don't care. You're among friends (and a handful of pricks, but mostly friends) and I'm sure the reasonable people hope the medical stuff all clears up as soon as possible. I hear it's extremely difficult, and you both deserve some relief and some slack.

X-band '01
02-20-2016, 02:12 PM

Don't sweat it LA; if you read this thread from the beginning you'll see that the rivalry is just said in jest. Best wishes to you and your better half.

LA Muskie
02-20-2016, 02:17 PM
Thanks everyone. I wasn't looking for sympathy, but I appreciate the sentiment. I honestly can't even fathom how it feels, but I can tell you that shingles SUCKS. In any event, given the timing of my post last night I just wanted to own it outright and not have folks assuming it was alcohol-induced.

Porkopolis
02-20-2016, 03:31 PM
Thanks everyone. I wasn't looking for sympathy, but I appreciate the sentiment. I honestly can't even fathom how it feels, but I can tell you that shingles SUCKS. In any event, given the timing of my post last night I just wanted to own it outright and not have folks assuming it was alcohol-induced.

I had shingles in a VERY unpleasant location. I feel your wife's pain, and my wife probably wasn't the most pleasant to be around when she was dealing with my shingles.

MADXSTER
02-20-2016, 04:53 PM
I volunteer to be LA Muskie's XH rival. I mean what kind of true fan would move that far from the Tas. What kind of fan would choose bikinis on the beach over .........NM

Kahns Krazy
02-20-2016, 05:20 PM
I want to be Glow's rival so he comes back and posts more pictures of insane hotties he knows.

xu82
02-20-2016, 05:33 PM
I volunteer to be LA Muskie's XH rival. I mean what kind of true fan would move that far from the Tas. What kind of fan would choose bikinis on the beach over .........NM

No, keep going. Not every "rival" can be the hammer, someone has to be the nail!

paulxu
02-20-2016, 09:00 PM

I've seen the picture associated with your profile page. 'Nuff said.