PDA

View Full Version : I Hate For-Damn even more now

Masterofreality
02-15-2008, 09:30 AM
Hey, I know that this probably belongs on the A-10 chatboard, and it really doesn't affect Xavier, and that it is more about UMass just having their manhood ripped from them, but...

I hate For-Damn, even more now that they actually tried last night and won a really good game at UMass. Here's why.

I hate them for all of the background stuff, like their ancient grade school gym, their lack of true committment to their program, their fossillized Athletic Director who dissed XU's NIT chances in 2005, and the fact that they haven't contributed a dime to the A-10 coffers via any post season appearances since being allowed to join this conference, but past that..

They actually have a senior laden team with some talent this year. Rather than taking pride in what kind of legacy they could leave behind, however, like the Xavier seniors do, guys like Stout, Greene and Dunston basically have slept their way through the season, more concerned about their own individual stats than the team results. They have a lousy non-conference record, thereby hurting the league overall, then they laze their way through the conference schedule, dropping their RPI almost down to 200, until..they happen to have a national TV game on ESPN2. All of a sudden, they hustle, they work on defense, they share the ball and play a great basketball game for the national audience, beat UMass and screw up UMAss's RPI and NCAA resume with a horriffic loss on paper. Now, that one loss may give the committee an excuse to only take 3 from the A-10 costing the league members Tournament money.

Hell, For-Damn just fall over like you've done all year. Play hard against Lossalle, not against the teams that matter.

So, in summary. For-Damn not only contributes nothing, but now they're intent on COSTING everyone money too.

What Clowns!

American X
02-15-2008, 09:55 AM
Here, here. They piss me off. As their display of ability last night shows, they should be fighting for Last Four In.

Stick a fork in UMass. They have to go 6-0 to reach 10-6. Too bad, I was excited for them. Could still win AC.

Atlantic 10 - Specializing in Spoilers for Thirty Years.

Drew's Crew
02-15-2008, 11:09 AM
It is so sad that the A10 could potentially be a one bid league after the great start we had.

XUOHTX
02-15-2008, 11:12 AM
how do you get a team dismissed from a conference?

Stonebreaker
02-15-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm sending this to the A-10 forum.

Billy
02-15-2008, 04:03 PM
I'm just not shocked by much of what we're seeing. I think Dayton's tumble has been very surprising...but UMass, not so much.

I still don't know how good URI is, either. I believe they're going to make the NCAA Tourney assuming they don't implode like UD...but they haven't beaten a single team in the RPI Top 50 this year.

St. Joe's has done their usual thing. They're legitimately a nice squad.

I guess what we're learning is that avoiding bad losses in the OOC portion is good for the RPI and better than what we've seen in the recent past, but it doesn't automatically prove that you are "good".

We know that Xavier is good because they've beaten a few other good teams.

DC Muskie
02-15-2008, 04:28 PM
OOohhh, For- Dam. I get it now. I had no idea who you were talking about there for five minutes.

Fordham, FOR-Damn

joebba
02-15-2008, 08:16 PM
The A-10 has more teams in it's conference than any other except - the Big East (I think I am correct). Does that say something? I agree there is some dead weight in this conference.

nuts4xu
02-16-2008, 10:35 AM
This conference is overdue for an enima. Time to flush the crap out of this league to improve the overall flow of the conference.

With Linda on the way out, let's hope the new commish provides the leadership this conference has lacked sorely over the past few years.

Muskie
02-17-2008, 08:45 AM
Unfortunately, I don't see the old guard of the league kicking out some of their own.

XUOWNSUC
02-17-2008, 07:39 PM
Damn Fordham does it again. Charlotte has no chance of an at-large now.

I'd so love it if they kicked Fordham out of the league along with St. Welder and Lossalle - and pick up Butler.