PDA

View Full Version : Roger Clemens weighs in on Dayton

danaandvictory
02-15-2008, 09:18 AM
“The best thing about Dayton was seeing it in the rear-view mirror.”

http://www.daytondailynews.com/o/content/shared-gen/blogs/dayton/cincinnatireds/entries/2008/02/14/roger_the_unartful_dodgers.html

boozehound
02-15-2008, 09:21 AM
Didn't realize that Clemens was that big of a Dick.

XU05and07
02-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Dan Patrick, of ESPN fame, is on a lecture series that was at Miami last Monday. The topic that he was speaking on was the roles of athletes as heroes and role models. The Miami student newspaper said that he questioned people like Tom Brady for fathering a child with one actress and leaving her for a victoria secret's supermodel, mickey mantle for his drinking, and pete rose (his boyhood idol) for the lies and ethics that he had.

Miami student newspaper article (http://media.www.miamistudent.net/media/storage/paper776/news/2008/02/12/Campus/Dan-Patrick.Challenges.Role.Of.Athletes-3202683.shtml?xmlsyn=1)

I was unable to attend, though I wanted to. Roger Clemens and Barry Bonds are just more examples of athletes that people idolize and turn out to be liars, cheaters, and unethical.

nuts4xu
02-15-2008, 11:32 AM
I saw Dan Patrick at the airport on Tuesday, and that explains what he was doing in town. I like Roger Clemons, and think he is one of the best pitchers of our generation. But it is very tough to believe him and his testimony.

But his line about Dayton is priceless. I have been using that line for years, and I am sure he stole it from me. He can use it, because it is true. The best view of the Gem City is the one in the rearview mirror.

xuirish
02-15-2008, 05:41 PM
I don't know if it's been posted or not, but Dave Attell has a great quote about Dayton.

I went to Dayton, Ohio, recently. Know what's a fun thing to do there? Pack up and get the fuck out, that's what.

NO JUSTICE! NO PEACE!
02-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Hal McCoy is a quality human being and a great writer.

PM Thor
02-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Why do you think that they had the Boznia-Herzegovina peace accord in dayton?

It's because there were absolutely no distractions to be had there. They needed someplace that would be off the beaten path, a place where the media and other distractions wouldn't hinder the work that needed to be done.

So they picked the most backwater place they could think of in order to get down to brass tacks. dayton Ohio. The most desolate place on Earth.

Drew's Crew
02-18-2008, 06:56 AM
I saw Dan Patrick at the airport on Tuesday, and that explains what he was doing in town. I like Roger Clemons, and think he is one of the best pitchers of our generation. But it is very tough to believe him and his testimony.

But his line about Dayton is priceless. I have been using that line for years, and I am sure he stole it from me. He can use it, because it is true. The best view of the Gem City is the one in the rearview mirror.

I have always been curious why anyone would ever say this. Why would you like Clemens. he is a complete a$$ to everyone and gives no one the respect that he in turn demands.

I can not stand that guy. He was a great pitcher, but such a piece of trash.

Why do you like him?

Stonebreaker
02-18-2008, 11:13 AM
Boeheim weighed in on a couple of teams (on the Herd, ESPN radio), one of which was X.....He didn't think that Xavier had much chance in the tourney. Boeheim may have been talking final four action, but he answered it very quickly.

Drew's Crew
02-18-2008, 11:48 AM
That guy is a freaking idiot.

We would take the 'Cuse to the woodshed if we played them. This just gives me more reason to hope they miss the tourney.

nuts4xu
02-18-2008, 01:30 PM
The guy hates dayton.

He's ok in my book.