PDA

View Full Version : Catch Fake IDs. Avoid fines and fraud.

Michigan Muskie
03-03-2011, 11:49 AM
To anyone who owns or manages a business that frequently asks for a form of ID (bars, liquor stores, pawn shops, check cashing, car dealers, anyone who accepts credit cards, etc.) - you might want to take a quick look at this.

The same technology that scans IDs of those visiting the Dept. of Homeland Security is now available for commercial merchants to use. The name of the company is AssureTec, and their commercial arm is called Assure-Alert. AssureTec has entered into Federal contracts only for the past 12 years and can be found in foreign governments, as well. This is their first effort to offer their system to the commercial market.

Assure-Alert takes the guesswork out of it by removing human error. You simply cannot get a false ID past this device. Existing ID scanners already available to the commercial sector cannot compete with Assure-Alert, and will become obsolete (if they aren't already) due to the advanced level of criminal technology.

The annual lease costs less than one single fine for selling to a minor (in Ohio, it's $1000 and up to 6 months in jail), and it's also a tax write-off. Additionally, businesses may be able to reduce their liability premium, too, but you'd have to check with your insurance provider on that.

I have been talking with the sales manager for Assure-Alert and have decided to sign a temporary contract with them to manage this region. So if you or anyone you know runs a business who is vulnerable to fraud as a result of fake IDs, or just want to know more detail about the system, please reach out to me. Thanks.

Also, if anyone is looking for a few extra bucks on the side in a part-time selling role, I am working with Assure-Alert to put a system in place to offer that opportunity.