PDA

View Full Version : UMass Crowd

Billy
02-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Embarrassing.

They have about 4,000 in the house for tonight's game vs. Fordham. On ESPN2 right now.

xufan22
02-14-2008, 08:35 PM
What a joke. I'm watching the game also and I really wish it wasn't on ESPN2. Nobody is at that game.

Lasser83
02-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Somebody correct me If I'm wrong...

But it seems to me that the Northeast doesn't care about college basketball. Yes, they care about UConn and Syracuse, but besides those exceptions they don't appear to get fans outisde of a schools alumni base (and not many of them either).

I still love being in a conference that plays in the populated northeast (for recruiting especially). but they don't seem to have the same passion as the fanbase of smaller midwest schools.

flatspat
02-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Fordham wins

wkrq59
02-15-2008, 01:13 AM
Sad to say that just about kills UMass chances of getting an at-large bid. The only way they get in is win the tournament. Can you say NIT for them and Dayton? Linardi still has Dayton in but with a 10 or worse seed. One or two more league losses and their toast.
Looks like the league gets three teams--X, St. Joe's and Rhode Island in.

Lasser83
02-15-2008, 01:31 AM
St. Joes is not a lock.

The Selection Committee claims they never take into consideration the amount of teams each conference gets in. But I hope they do.

The A 10 deserves more than 2 at large teams in the dance.

dc_x
02-15-2008, 08:09 AM
Somebody correct me If I'm wrong...

But it seems to me that the Northeast doesn't care about college basketball. Yes, they care about UConn and Syracuse, but besides those exceptions they don't appear to get fans outisde of a schools alumni base (and not many of them either).

I still love being in a conference that plays in the populated northeast (for recruiting especially). but they don't seem to have the same passion as the fanbase of smaller midwest schools.

I wouldn't generalize the whole Northeast that way, but that is certainly the case in the New York and Boston metro areas.

DC Muskie
02-18-2008, 08:18 AM
Do anyone see that UMass crowd yesterday? Can someone do us a favor ans wake them up during the game. What a dead atmosphere.