PDA

View Full Version : Business/Finance Networking

HuskyMuskie
02-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Hey All-

I'm a frequent XHoops poster and love this site and the people on it nearly as much as I do Xavier Basketball. Okay, that's not true. But you get what I'm saying.

I'm a current sophomore student here at Xavier double majoring in Finance and Economics, and yes, I am one of "The Popes." I hail from the Indianapolis area, and would LOVE to meet and talk with any of you who are from the Indy/Cincinnati area who work in the financial fields.

My career goal is to eventually own my own private wealth management company, or work as an asset manager/investor. Where do you all work? I am very curious to see what some of you Xavier alums have done with your degrees since being a rowdy undergradute here like I am now.

If you feel the need, feel free to contact me at manshipc@xavier.edu to discuss things. I can't wait to meet you all.

:logo:

Muskie
02-21-2011, 04:12 PM
Husky,

As you know I'm not in the finance area, but I've got a ton of contacts here in Cincy and Indy if you're looking to talk to some people. Also when you're home for break hit me up and I'll take you to lunch. (I'll PM you my email).

There are a few finance guys on this board, that I am sure would help put you in the right direction. I'll pm you some names as well.

romanround
02-21-2011, 04:46 PM
Husky Muskie, you should get an MBA possibly at night while working at a day job. Drop the folksy "you all" which is a little too country even below the Mason-Dixon line.

stxxu
02-21-2011, 06:14 PM
Husky,

I work in finance, but instead of the buy side (asset management, etc), I work on the sell side (investment banking). PM me if you want to catch up sometime and pick my brain about the financial field.

Tardy Turtle
02-21-2011, 06:19 PM
I'm a current sophomore student here at Xavier

you should get an MBA

roman, do you even know how to read? Astounding. I'm impressed that you have become such an established forum clown in such a short time.

Drop the folksy "you all" which is a little too country even below the Mason-Dixon line.

http://www.donmartelli.com/storage/post-images/stfu2.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1272716629349

-----

Keep on keepin' on, HuskyMuskie.

BBC 08
02-21-2011, 06:22 PM
roman, do you even know how to read? Astounding. I'm impressed that you have become such an established forum clown in such a short time.

http://www.donmartelli.com/storage/post-images/stfu2.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1272716629349

-----

Keep on keepin' on, HuskyMuskie.

This is why TT should win the tournament.

HuskyMuskie
02-21-2011, 06:32 PM
This is why TT should win the tournament.

I thought the same thing. This, and his avatar.

HuskyMuskie
02-22-2011, 10:26 AM
Husky,

As you know I'm not in the finance area, but I've got a ton of contacts here in Cincy and Indy if you're looking to talk to some people. Also when you're home for break hit me up and I'll take you to lunch. (I'll PM you my email).

There are a few finance guys on this board, that I am sure would help put you in the right direction. I'll pm you some names as well.

Muskie, you've got it. Would love to grab lunch and meet you as well as the other guys on this board. Sounds awesome. I'll let you know next time I'm in the Circle City.

Blue Blooded-05
03-04-2011, 06:35 PM
Husky-

I'm a Certified Financial Planner and Certified Investment Management Analyst. I'm still young in the grand scheme of things-- graduated in 2005 (hence the name) but I used to be in charge of our summer internship program. I could give you some pointers on getting started in this business (most of which I learned the hard way).

If you're interested getting together, let me know. I'll contact you offline.

HuskyMuskie
03-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Thanks Blue. I responded to you in a private message. Please e-mail me at your earliest convenience.

Anyone else? Would love to hear from any and all.