East

(1) Tardy Turtle vs. (5) kyxu
(3) xeus vs. (2) Kahn's Krazy

West

(8) Titanxman04 vs. (4) XU 87
(7) Coach Mack vs. (6) Cheese

Jumpy
02-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Sorry, MOR. you're just another bump in the road. Here comes the pain train!

pizza delivery
02-16-2011, 09:58 PM
North

(1) SixFig vs. (5) xuab
(3) Snipe vs. (2) Xpectations

South

(1) AmericanX vs. (5) Xman95
(11) Jumpy vs. (2) MOR

East

West

Classic Coach vs. Media matchup. I think, like a caller demanding more Griffin from 3, Cheese gets quickly set straight by Mack in this must see contest.

HuskyMuskie
02-16-2011, 10:30 PM
North

(1) SixFig vs. (5) xuab
(3) Snipe vs. (2) Xpectations

South

(1) AmericanX vs. (5) Xman95
(11) Jumpy vs. (2) MOR

East

West

I've got to say, I like xuab over SixFig in this contest. xuab's posting style of "bend, not break" will certainly prove hard for the swift, and high flying posting of SixFig to counter.

Husky's other UPSET ALERTS:

-Snipe over Xpectations
- (and now for the sexy upset pick) Titanxman04 over XU 87

Titanxman04
02-16-2011, 10:47 PM
I've got to say, I like xuab over SixFig in this contest. xuab's posting style of "bend, not break" will certainly prove hard for the swift, and high flying posting of SixFig to counter.

-Snipe over Xpectations
- (and now for the sexy upset pick) Titanxman04 over XU 87

So I'm sexy now, eh?

I don't know... You were backing a loser...could be a bad omen.

Look forward to taking on 87 though. Met him once. Good man. Looking forward to a fun, spirited, and exciting match-up.

HuskyMuskie
02-16-2011, 10:51 PM
So I'm sexy now, eh?

I don't know... You were backing a loser...could be a bad omen.

Look forward to taking on 87 though. Met him once. Good man. Looking forward to a fun, spirited, and exciting match-up.

lol...I almost posted a link to this "sexy" talk over on the other board to express my love still exists for the beard :D

Tardy Turtle
02-17-2011, 09:50 AM
This is obviously the sweetest of sixteens.

paulxu
02-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Pretty weak showing in the West for the 1, 2 and 3 seeds.

BBC 08
02-17-2011, 09:57 AM
This is obviously the sweetest of sixteens.

If Titan is in it then this is definitely not true. I'm throwing my support behind Tardy to win the whole thing.

Tardy Turtle
02-17-2011, 10:18 AM
I'm throwing my support behind Tardy to win the whole thing.

Lemme see about finding a seat for you on the charter to the regional site.

Kahns Krazy
02-17-2011, 10:22 AM
East

Also known as the Streetcar-Library Classic.

Xeus is a good dude. I will feel somewhat bad thrashing him so thoroughly.

Jumpy
02-17-2011, 10:49 AM
I have officially achieved Cinderella status and I will revel in it. I will ride this pumpkin carriage all the way to the Final 4.

X Communicator
02-17-2011, 11:02 AM
The Vicar has twenty-five gallons of four hundred year-old holy water aging in an oak sarcophagus that says Kahn's Krazy will knock off the athiest god in Round 3.

KK -5. Any takers?

Michigan Muskie
02-17-2011, 11:17 AM
Kahn's made an allusion to a Sweet 16 banner...

http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=51&pictureid=401

The banner of honor.

danaandvictory
02-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Classic Coach vs. Media matchup. I think, like a caller demanding more Griffin from 3, Cheese gets quickly set straight by Mack in this must see contest.

I don't see any way we win this straight up, so I've been schooling my guys in a variety of misdirection and other hijinks, including the old "bucket of confetti" play.

Also calling me "Media" is insulting to the media. I suppose I'm media is the same sense as a clown college is an institution of higher learning.

blobfan
02-17-2011, 01:01 PM
Kahn's made an allusion to a Sweet 16 banner...

The banner of honor.

Intentional or not, this whole venture of yours is the ultimate in rep whorage. You've managed to come up with a scheme that invites repeated appreciatory reps and are drawing it out for a couple weeks to allow for maximum reppage.

I'm impressed.

MADXSTER
02-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Have the betting lines come out yet??

If Vegas is involved, then we know we're on to something here!

Just sayin

blobfan
02-17-2011, 01:13 PM
I don't see any way we win this straight up, so I've been schooling my guys in a variety of misdirection and other hijinks, including the old "bucket of confetti" play.

Also calling me "Media" is insulting to the media. I suppose I'm media is the same sense as a clown college is an institution of higher learning.

Given the stated preference of most posters, I'd go with boobies as the preferred method of distraction.

paulxu
02-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Given the stated preference of most posters, I'd go with boobies as the preferred method of distraction.

Well, it sure worked on me. Xuab hardly broke a sweat. (Which would have probably only added to the distraction.)

Michigan Muskie
02-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Intentional or not, this whole venture of yours is the ultimate in rep whorage. You've managed to come up with a scheme that invites repeated appreciatory reps and are drawing it out for a couple weeks to allow for maximum reppage.

I'm impressed.

Truth be told, I'm just a stats junkie. Always have been. I used to play season upon season of Strat-o-Matic Baseball as a kid, and Micro League Baseball on my Apple IIc and keep stats in an official baseball scorebook. My younger brother and I would create mock brackets and play Nerfoop in our room (we had two hoops for a full-court experience). We'd also create seasons and tournaments on RBI baseball for Nintendo and Wiffle Ball in the front yard.

So I guess you could say I'm a 12-year-old kid in a 39-year-old body (I'm holding onto that 39 every last day I can...) As nerdy and goofy as this whole popularity contest is, I'm just having fun with the statistical element. The next hobby will be to post odds for the round of Sweet 16 games.

Kahns Krazy
02-17-2011, 01:56 PM
Truth be told, I'm just a stats junkie. Always have been. I used to play season upon season of Strat-o-Matic Baseball as a kid, and Micro League Baseball on my Apple IIc and keep stats in an official baseball scorebook. My younger brother and I would create mock brackets and play Nerfoop in our room (we had two hoops for a full-court experience). We'd also create seasons and tournaments on RBI baseball for Nintendo and Wiffle Ball in the front yard.

So I guess you could say I'm a 12-year-old kid in a 39-year-old body (I'm holding onto that 39 every last day I can...) As nerdy and goofy as this whole popularity contest is, I'm just having fun with the statistical element. The next hobby will be to post odds for the round of Sweet 16 games.

My brother and I kept full seasons of wiffleball stats in Visicalc (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VisiCalc) on an Apple ][+. I'm monochrome nerdy.

Xpectations
02-17-2011, 02:15 PM

-Snipe over Xpectations

Snipe forces many bad shots (note his 5,483 posts), negatively affecting his offensive efficiency.

Also, my Pack Line defense has been proven superior, though less distracting, than Snipe's Fudge Pack strategy.

I roll to the Elite Eight with another double-digit victory.

kyxu
02-17-2011, 02:48 PM
How is this shit determined? I'm in the sweet sixteen now and but have no idea what is going on. Should I be at practice or something? Or should I be on twitter, making my fans fret because I had a cheesesteak last night?

danaandvictory
02-17-2011, 04:14 PM

I prefer classier, more time-tested methods of subterfuge, including false mustaches, devious botany, the "hidden ball trick", dubious accusations of Protestantism, and the duplicitous manipulation of commodity prices.

vee4xu
02-17-2011, 04:39 PM
Just as I have no idea how I won Round 1 I have no idea how I lost Round 2.

Either way, congrats and good luck, Snipe. Not that you can necessarily control your own destiny.

Anyway, it was fun. Thanks for letting me play along.

Smooth
02-17-2011, 05:41 PM
I prefer classier, more time-tested methods of subterfuge, including false mustaches, devious botany, the "hidden ball trick", dubious accusations of Protestantism, and the duplicitous manipulation of commodity prices.

I am not familiar with any of these boobies euphemisms. OK, maybe duplicitous manipulation.

Titanxman04
02-17-2011, 07:11 PM
If Titan is in it then this is definitely not true. I'm throwing my support behind Tardy to win the whole thing.

Seriously, you've just fast-tracked yourself off of our mailing list come donation time. We were only trying to look for donations to expand and grow our arena. But Beard U will survive without you.

Titanxman04
02-17-2011, 08:14 PM
I just now noticed, I feel like I am the most hated Cinderella ever. This upsets me.

PMI
02-17-2011, 08:22 PM
I jus tnow noticed, I feel like I am the most hated Cinderella ever. This upsets me.

You beat the beloved local fan favorite. Fans have long memories.

Titanxman04
02-17-2011, 08:25 PM
You beat the beloved local fan favorite. Fans have long memories.

If it helps, I wish there was a way we could both have the Sweet 16. But, you know...since it won't work that way...I'm ok with how it turned out.

blobfan
02-17-2011, 08:25 PM
Definitely sounds more complicated. Not sure about classier.

I just now noticed, I feel like I am the most hated Cinderella ever. This upsets me.

I haven't picked up on the hatred vibe but I hate to say it, it's probably the beard. Cinderella and beard don't really go together. Embrass what you are. You're a lumberjack and that's ok.

Titanxman04
02-17-2011, 08:28 PM
Hmmm... So whats the next version of Cinderella used for Beard U?

xubrew
02-17-2011, 08:36 PM
i just realized that i was a #15 seed, and was blown out in the first round.

i guess i got in via winning my conference tournament. funny. i don't remember playing in it. i just hope i don't have to vacate those wins.

blobfan
02-17-2011, 09:33 PM
Hmmm... So whats the next version of Cinderella used for Beard U?

I'm not sure what you are looking for. I just suggest you avoid this:
http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=12&pictureid=406

Masterofreality
02-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Sorry, MOR. you're just another bump in the road. Here comes the pain train!

Did I hear something? Hmmm? .......................

..........................I guess not. Maybe a creature jumpy-ing through the arena.

Just another contest on the path to the Ultimate Prize.

Titanxman04
02-17-2011, 09:38 PM

All I can say is... WTF?!? Blue gown with green gloves and orange GOGGLES?!? What kind of shindig is this jerk going to? Who cleared that outfit?!? I wouldn't be caught dead like that.

And yes, before anyone says anything on here about that...I promise you Drews Crew will beat you to it.

(Love the new avatar...Sadistic looking...and awesome)

Masterofreality
02-17-2011, 09:41 PM

I'm impressed.

It takes a woman to cut through the crap.

Masterofreality
02-17-2011, 09:44 PM
My brother and I kept full seasons of wiffleball stats in Visicalc (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VisiCalc) on an Apple ][+. I'm monochrome nerdy.

If this is nerdy, then count me in. We had full w-ball stats for 8 guys.

Masterofreality
02-17-2011, 09:47 PM

What. Schnoze and glasses, wax teeth and red wigs aren't good enough for the list?

Titanxman04
02-17-2011, 09:48 PM
If this is nerdy, then count me in. We had full w-ball stats for 8 guys.

F*** you. :D We had full stats for an 8 person team too! And more so, we erected foul poles in our buddy's backyards where we were able to play. Even one of the dads bought mini trophies for the Cy Young and the Home Run King for a few years. Yes, in 6th grade, I came within one out of pitching a no-no in a 7 inning game. Then butthole Eric had to crank one off into the upper limbs of a Fur tree in the next yard just down the third baseline. Stupid Home Run King had to ruin everything. Still..it earned me the Cy Young that year.

blobfan
02-17-2011, 09:49 PM
All I can say is... WTF?!? Blue gown with green gloves and orange GOGGLES?!? What kind of shindig is this jerk going to? Who cleared that outfit?!? I wouldn't be caught dead like that.

And yes, before anyone says anything on here about that...I promise you Drews Crew will beat you to it.

(Love the new avatar...Sadistic looking...and awesome)

I am so sorry that I didn't take your fashion aesthetic into account. I was going for hipster cinderella but if you prefer a more refined version...
http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=12&pictureid=407
You are right. The orange goggles go better with the blue once the green is removed.

Titanxman04
02-17-2011, 09:53 PM
You were really letting me down there for a while, blobfan. Really. But, looks like you've pulled through. The question remains: Is there enough time on the clock to correct this?

(The man won't let me rep you again. Nicely done though. Public Reps)

blobfan
02-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Perhaps the best option is to skip the hat and goggles entirely. Gloves of course are essential for formal dress.http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=12&pictureid=408

Masterofreality
02-17-2011, 10:00 PM
http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=12&pictureid=408

Wow. Titan has some, errrrr.....chest.

blobfan
02-17-2011, 10:01 PM

Built in distraction defense for the upcoming match.

paulxu
02-17-2011, 10:08 PM

Would you please stop bringing that up and reminding me of my defeat.

waggy
02-17-2011, 11:17 PM
I don't think I've seen Titan happier than in that pick. Just glowing.

Titanxman04
02-18-2011, 05:48 AM
Ok... so, it was only a matter of time before I was going to be referred to as a woman. At least I'm not like BBC08, who is actually a woman. I can roll with this. Here we go.

They aren't natural and I don't care. I feel pretty these days.

Effing A right! 40 minutes of Hell!

I don't think I've seen Titan happier than in that pick. Just glowing.

Well duh. I'm the prettiest dude at the Big Dance!

Xman95
02-20-2011, 09:30 PM

And he stole Joe Hughes' arms!