PDA

View Full Version : More good news for MLB large market teams

XU 87
02-14-2008, 11:14 AM
Sabathia has just called off contract talks with Cleveland. It seems that he thinks he can get much more than the $17-18 million per year than the Tribe is offering. That means he's likely heading to Boston, New York, LA or Chicago. Congrats to those teams for having such good organizations to be able to land such a good pitcher.

cinskyline
02-14-2008, 11:31 AM
Sad thing is that Sabathia's probably right. He probably can get more.

He's a quality left-handed pitcher. He can pretty much name his price.

DC Muskie
02-14-2008, 11:58 AM
What are you going to do? I mean if Barry Zito can make that much money, why not CC?

He just better pitch us to the World Series and actually WIN something before he cashes in and I hate him.

Drew's Crew
02-17-2008, 05:08 PM
Sabathia has just called off contract talks with Cleveland. It seems that he thinks he can get much more than the $17-18 million per year than the Tribe is offering. That means he's likely heading to Boston, New York, LA or Chicago. Congrats to those teams for having such good organizations to be able to land such a good pitcher.

I don't think he is looking for more than 17-18 per year, but instead about 7-8 years at that much as opposed to only 4 years.

I don't blame him. I can't believe 4 years is all the Indians offered him. How stupid.