PDA

View Full Version : Networking Request

STL_XUfan
02-14-2011, 11:18 AM
As some of you may know I will be graduating from law school in May. While normally exciting, and I am excited to put my formal education years behind me, I will be entering a sub-par job market. I know several lawyers post on this board and I was hoping to learn from your experience. I will be making a trip to Cincinnati this weekend to see the Frisbee dogs live (I also hear the Xavier Men's team will be providing the pregame and post game entertainment by destroying a collection of 12 students from Fordham) and I would be grateful if any lawyer posters could spare a half hour to sit down and talk.

My long term goal is to eventually be a generalist solo practitioner, however the path from here to there is something that I still need to develop. Needless to say I would be willing to buy a pregame beer at Dana's or a cup of coffee earlier in the day for anyone that can spare some time.

If you are available please PM me your email address and we can set up a time and location.

Thank You

nuts4xu
02-14-2011, 11:49 AM
I am no lawyer, but I have paid a few of them a lot of my money.

Good luck young man, and networking is a great way to begin your career path.

Michigan Muskie
02-14-2011, 12:04 PM
A few years ago I began clamoring for a Networking Forum on this message board. The fact that there is no Networking Forum today speaks to my credibility on this site, further punctuated by a 15 seed in my own damn game.

STL_XUfan
02-16-2011, 11:34 AM
A few years ago I began clamoring for a Networking Forum on this message board. The fact that there is no Networking Forum today speaks to my credibility on this site, further punctuated by a 15 seed in my own damn game.

Given your sudden rise in rep points I think you should start making that request again, maybe you will get a better result.

Muskie
02-24-2011, 03:27 PM
PM me your email. I'd be happy to talk about the "practice" of law.

XULucho27
03-10-2011, 10:08 PM
Re-posting here because it's the appropriate forum:

I'm in Law School at Loyola University Chicago. I'm also currently clerking at the Cook County State's Attorney's Office.

And since I have no shame here goes the following:

For any attorneys that live in Chicago: I have a great interest in litigation. I'm obtaining my 711 License in May and will (hopefully) litigate some narcotics bench trials at the State's Attorney's Office during the summer. I really would like to remain in the criminal law field but I'm also open to new opportunities wherever available. I also have experience writing briefs (appellate brief writing course) and have researched and written motions and responses to (defense) motions in felony trials.

If any of you are X alums and attorneys here in Chi-town, I'd love to be able to meet and participate in the never-ending circle jerk I've come to know as networking.