PDA

View Full Version : XU-ud Game Tonight!!!!

XU Dozer
02-14-2008, 09:30 AM
I usually do not go to a lot of women's games, but I will be in attendance tonight in Dayton for the game. The Dayton Chapter of the XU Alumni board will be turning out to show the women's team some love on Valentine's Day!

spongebob
02-14-2008, 10:21 AM
I usually do not go to a lot of women's games, but I will be in attendance tonight in Dayton for the game. The Dayton Chapter of the XU Alumni board will be turning out to show the women's team some love on Valentine's Day!

Bring home a W!!.

cinskyline
02-14-2008, 11:33 AM
This is a HUGE game. Do everything you can to get a win!

Muskie
02-14-2008, 12:08 PM
Are these games available for viewing anywhere? Like on Goxavier.com for instance?

XUOHTX
02-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Yes, this game is available on channelsurfing.net

XU Dozer
02-14-2008, 12:46 PM
I'll try my best. I've been to 5 men's games so far this year and have brought home wins everytime. Hopefully this good luck will rub off on the women on the road!

XU-PA
02-14-2008, 01:07 PM
This shout works real well at UD Arena,

Let's Go X
Let's Go X
Let's Go X

get right in the middle of the Musketeer crowd and you can get them whipped into a frenzy, it takes some effort but you'll be able to drown out the Flyers student section!

cinskyline
02-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Apparently, Dayton is having a "Red-out" tonight, so expect a large student turnout.

Anyone going will have to be LOUD!

cinskyline
02-14-2008, 07:48 PM
Well, pretty nice comeback in the final 5 minutes, but you can't play 20 minutes of a 40 minute game and expect to win. If we had come back a little sooner, we may have had a chance, but not to be.

The bottom line with this team is:

The defense is great
The offense is beyond bad

xu_fan
02-14-2008, 09:05 PM
I can't agree more snowstorm... I have a few observations I'd like to share from the game.

#1 You can't expect to play 20 minutes of basketball and win the game. At times the girls really didn't look like they wanted to win. Where was the emotional????? I saw Amber emotional after the game, mad... That's about it.

#2 I love Kevin McGuff and think he generally does a great job but OMG.... The offense was killing me tonight. How in the holy world do you stand there for 25 seconds and than shoot up a goofy off balanced shot cause (oh wait nobody moves). It's kinda like if Amber and Ta'Shia can't get open right away than we don't know what to do... It flat out was awful watching.

#3 Amber is the most talented player on our team... She really is... We have a few girls with a lot of talent but when Amber plays to her capabilities she is almost unstoppable. At the beginning of games she will shoot the fade away and turn around jumper, and then when she realizes she HAS to score, she drives to the whole, creates, and is wonderful... She needs to play that way from start til finish, and not be so relaxed in the beginning.

#4 We have WAY more raw talent than Dayton and when we play them at home and hopefully as a TEAM we should beat them by 20.

#5 UD fans are really annoying... I thought about getting in a fight lol... jk

#6 The Dayton girls acted like they just won the National Championship.

Basically tonight was awful, but we have to look ahead. I really don't think it is near as bad as many were asking. Charlie Creme actually wrote in a "chat wrap" a few weeks ago that Xavier could probably afford to lose 2 more games and still make it in the tounrey... He has Temple, Kentucky, and Purdue in the big dance. Someone asked him how they are worthy and he just said that no one else in stepping up. I believe with the wins we have and a 17-7 record we are fine as long as we do what were supposed to do from here on out. Let's go get Charlotte.

OUT

X-band '01
02-15-2008, 05:33 AM
#6 The Dayton girls acted like they just won the National Championship.

It's their Super Bowl, whether it be men's BB, women's BB, or racquetball.

Despite their comeback, there were 2 things that cost Xavier in the end:

1)April missed a pair of FTs with 7 seconds left in the game. FT shooting by the team has been shaky all year, but this was the worst possible time to miss critical FTs that would have at least sent the game into overtime.

2)Xavier only had 2 team fouls at that point; they were forced to foul UD at least 5 times just to get them to the FT line. It's not easy to do that 5 times in 7 seconds without drawing the intentional.

But give Dayton credit; they now have signature wins over Xavier and Temple in conference play and have to be considered an NCAA contender at this point. Now beating the Flyers at home is absolutely critical as is the Charlotte game at home.

Bigbluebrotha
02-15-2008, 09:12 AM
I listened in. Disappointing the funk returned at one of the bigger conference games of the year. I don't think you pin it all on the two missed free throws, a lot of other elements got XU to that point, in particular the field goal shooting, the other missed free throws - the ladies left a total of 6 points at the line - and 12 missed 3s. There's a point or 36 to spare in that mix. Also the guards were a combined 6 of 25.

April did a lot of other very good things in that ballgame, particularly body slamming Holterman while tying up a ball - that's great stuff.

Schmaltz said the call at the end with the 6 seconds left where the ball went out of bounds looked like it went off a Dayton player and judging by his description of the XU bench reaction - the coaching staff agreed.

Road games can be tough and UD's band always does a good job of creating a loud atmosphere - but one wouldn't think this particular trip is too taxing.

More disppointed the offense stalled against the zone, thought the squad was past that stage.

Shout out to Amber Harris for the big rebounding effort on a night when she wasn't her best offensively. She went into the "I'm taking over mode" in the second half, just wish she'd have that mentaility the entire game.

With a home rematch on the horizon this might not be as bad as it looks and might actually help the RPI as UD has beaten Temple and UC, so it would be kind of a make-good on Xavier's UC loss. How's that for a silver lining? Not much of one, but it's something positive coming off of a substandard shooting day.

Team should at least be motivated for Charlotte Sunday. Bounce-back time ladies, time to show us what you have!