PDA

View Full Version : No Burger Boys from X

xu drew
02-10-2011, 04:10 PM
2011 McDonald's All-Americans were just announced. Not surprisingly, none from X this year. I was holding out hope maybe Dez Wells might make the cut, but no such luck.

4 are headed to Kentucky, 3 to Duke, 2 to UNC and Syracuse...it's the usuals really.

http://www.mcdonaldsallamerican.com/2011_BoysRosterAlph.pdf

xu 89
02-10-2011, 04:21 PM
So will that make 3 Plumlee brothers at Duke?

SixFig
02-10-2011, 04:22 PM
Another chip on Dez Well's shoulder. He has about 10 million chips already. I love it (the chips, not the snub)

xavierj
02-10-2011, 04:25 PM
Half of those picks are due to politics. If Dez was signed with a Big East, ACC or SEC school he would be on there. PJ Hairston plays with Dez right now and while he is very good many people feel Dez is the best player on Hargrave. I think if you are a Plumlee or Zeller you get an exemption and are automatically picked as a McDonalds All-American at birth. How many freaking Plumlee's and Zeller's are there anyway?

joe titan
02-10-2011, 05:06 PM
Miles & Mason Plumlee are twins are they not though one was redshirted. Neither compares to brother Marshal who is legit MDAA. Coack recruited them on the family plan b/c he wanted Marshal.

Juice
02-10-2011, 07:12 PM
Miles & Mason Plumlee are twins are they not though one was redshirted. Neither compares to brother Marshal who is legit MDAA. Coack recruited them on the family plan b/c he wanted Marshal.

Miles is older than Mason. Marshall is obviously younger, and undeserving of being a Mickey D's All American.

whitesox
02-11-2011, 07:29 AM
Half of those picks are due to politics. If Dez was signed with a Big East, ACC or SEC school he would be on there. PJ Hairston plays with Dez right now and while he is very good many people feel Dez is the best player on Hargrave. I think if you are a Plumlee or Zeller you get an exemption and are automatically picked as a McDonalds All-American at birth. How many freaking Plumlee's and Zeller's are there anyway?

Dez wouldn't have been a McDonald's All-American even if he signed at a bigger profile school. He isn't as highly regarded as some of the other prospects (though I think he will end up being very, very good).

No question Cody Zeller deserves to be on there. I am not quite sold on Marshall Plumlee, but he is generally well regarded. These teams are picked by general consensus of who the "best" players are, so they are often less than completely accurate.

Juice
02-11-2011, 09:29 AM
Dez wouldn't have been a McDonald's All-American even if he signed at a bigger profile school. He isn't as highly regarded as some of the other prospects (though I think he will end up being very, very good).

No question Cody Zeller deserves to be on there. I am not quite sold on Marshall Plumlee, but he is generally well regarded. These teams are picked by general consensus of who the "best" players are, so they are often less than completely accurate.

Plumlee's rankings suck (compared to the rest of the roster) but he was picked because of his name and because there are so few good big game that they probably needed more centers.

Juice
02-11-2011, 10:39 AM
Plumlee's rankings suck (compared to the rest of the roster) but he was picked because of his name and because there are so few good big game that they probably needed more centers.

DaveTelep
Here's one for you. Last year McDonald's game had 8 bigs and it was a better year for bigs. This time we have 10 bigs and its a down year

I take back my original statement. It just sounds like they picked some crappier players over some deserving ones.