PDA

View Full Version : Torian Graham (Commit Other)

SixFig
02-07-2011, 05:10 PM
Shooting guard
Durham, North Carolina
Word Of God Christian Academy
AAU: D.C. Assault

* Ht:6'4"
* Wt:173 lbs
* Class:2012 (High School)

This is a guy I really want...could be the next Jordan Crawford or better

"He's evolving from elite athlete into prime time scorer. Graham continues to grow and his game expands. He's capable of moving into his shot from deep range and hitting pull-ups. With a path to the rim he's going to get into attack mode and use exceptional athleticism and body control to finish. He's a high-major scoring option. Finishes going left or right and everything is at the rim."

bobbiemcgee
02-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Isn't that Dez Wells old school?

SixFig
02-07-2011, 05:32 PM
Isn't that Dez Wells old school?

Yep.

Benxman
02-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Dez Wells minus about 40 lbs. :)

It says he can shoot it outside. That doesn't sound like Wells to me. Wells is a project as an outside shooter, but OOOH can he get to the rim. This kid sounds more like a true guard, rather than a true small forward.
Besides, you can't have too many 6'4" athletic guards IMO.

GO MUSKIES!

:logo:

xufan02
02-07-2011, 06:26 PM
I think Torian is the swing player we are recruiting that has the most upside. DSR, Myles Davis, Marrero are all either limited by size or do not have a true position. Graham has size, athleticsm, skill, and a lot of upside. I think that Gary Harris and Graham could be big time. DSR is going to be a great college player, but he is not a super athlete and that might be the difference between him being a solid player or an elite player. Davis is a small shooting guard like Brad, and does not have a lot of lift. Marrero is a tweener 3/4, and has the heart and athleticsm, but not a ton of touch or shooting.

If we are targeting a true elite wing in the 2012 class; I'll take Harris or Graham.

Xavgrad08
02-14-2011, 05:31 PM
Per Dave Telep, Torian picked up an offer from Georgetown.

SixFig
02-22-2011, 04:16 PM
Per Twitter, Torian is visiting Kentucky this week or weekend.

No word on whether Calipari has bought him a BMW or an Audi

Benxman
03-11-2011, 02:38 PM
If we are targeting a true elite wing in the 2012 class; I'll take Harris or Graham.

Amen to all of that, but having said that and looking at the competition we are in for all these kids, I'll take whichever one we can get. Hope it is Harris or Graham, though.

GO MUSKIES!

:sword:

xu drew
03-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Per Paul Biancardi's tweet, Torian has UK as his favorite followed by UNC, UCLA, Louisville, Duke, G'town, Syracuse, and Florida St.

That's a healthy list and nowhere are we mentioned. Not a good sign. I'm becoming more and more concerned about this 2012 class. Fortunately 2011 is solid enough to help offset some of these misses and keep us stable for the foreseeable future.

The_Mack_Pack
03-26-2011, 02:41 PM
I'm not too worried about it yet. A lot of recruits wait until summer to commit.

Steve A
03-26-2011, 02:48 PM
What exactly are we concerned about? We're in the discussion for players that we never would have been involved with before. In the past, we would never have been having these conversations because they never would have started in the first place. X is now losing out to Kentucky, Duke, etc. Eventually, they'll start getting one or two of those and the snowball can start rolling.

In Mack, Steele, Kelsey, etc. we trust. All is well.

XUFan09
04-23-2011, 03:50 PM
If DSR doesn't work out, Graham is still high on Xavier. He said he'll be narrowing down his list towards the end of the summer in order to make a decision. I wonder if he's watching to see if DSR re-commits; that might determine how interested he is in X (and reciprocally, how interested X still is in him, with only 2, maybe 3 scholarships available).

The first part of the article is available for everyone, but it looks like the second part is for Rivals members only:

http://xavier.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1214310&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

MuskiePimp23
04-24-2011, 11:10 AM
If DSR doesn't work out, Graham is still high on Xavier. He said he'll be narrowing down his list towards the end of the summer in order to make a decision. I wonder if he's watching to see if DSR re-commits; that might determine how interested he is in X (and reciprocally, how interested X still is in him, with only 2, maybe 3 scholarships available).

The first part of the article is available for everyone, but it looks like the second part is for Rivals members only:

http://xavier.rivals.com/barrier_noentry.asp?ReturnTo=&sid=&script=content.asp&cid=1214310&fid=&tid=&mid=&rid=

Technically we have 4 scholarships that are currently available for 2012 and we would definitely have room and take both if they both want to come to Xavier...DSR wants to play PG more, but can also play the SG spot...Graham is more of a SG...Myles Davis is another SG to keep your eye on for 2012. We could definitely take 2 of these 3 if they all wanted to come to X.

XUFan09
04-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Technically we have 4 scholarships that are currently available for 2012 and we would definitely have room and take both if they both want to come to Xavier...DSR wants to play PG more, but can also play the SG spot...Graham is more of a SG...Myles Davis is another SG to keep your eye on for 2012. We could definitely take 2 of these 3 if they all wanted to come to X.

True, they could both have room. Dee Davis might block up some playing time though or be the one who loses out in this situation.

Technically we have four scholarships at this point, but I'd wager we use at least one on a transfer or 2011 guy. Actually, I think that would be ideal to just have one of the two available scholarships used for this next year, if the coaching staff believes it can get a good third recruit by saving the other scholarship. And if they don't feel like they're passing up on a great transfer by saving it. A transfer wouldn't be able to play until 2012 anyway. Of course, in addition to a re-classified Sim Bhullar, getting one of the late signees or recent de-commitments for immediate playing time in 2011 is always an option.

Since we need probably one big man, to use the other three between some combination of Kyle Anderson, DSR, Torian Graham, and Myles Davis would be fantastic, especially if it included Anderson, since he can basically play anything but the 5. If we had that, we would have one of the top recruiting classes in the country.

Also, are we still really in the mix for Gary Harris, or is that opportunity falling by the wayside?

XUFan09
04-24-2011, 05:14 PM
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1215050

He headlined the King James Classic, per Rivals. A nice little blurb about him at the beginning

A10fan
04-24-2011, 07:53 PM

He headlined the King James Classic, per Rivals. A nice little blurb about him at the beginning

Scary end to the blurb! I hope he is still considering X.

XUFan09
04-24-2011, 08:33 PM
Yeah, UK and UNC appear to be the front-runners (despite no offers yet), while the other schools might be interchangeable. The King James Classic just finished up today, so if Jerry Meyer got his list from an interview on the first day (the 22nd, the date of the article), then that is more up-to-date. If he is relying on an old list and did not get a chance to get an update from Graham, then Rick Broering's list is more current, as he specifically asked about Xavier (but who knows when the list given to CatsIllustrated occurred). Since Broering asked specifically about Xavier though, a high school junior may have felt pressured to still include them in his list (Ugh, it would be like not telling that girl at school that you didn't like her back).

xu15
04-24-2011, 08:36 PM
True, they could both have room. Dee Davis might block up some playing time though or be the one who loses out in this situation.

Technically we have four scholarships at this point, but I'd wager we use at least one on a transfer or 2011 guy. Actually, I think that would be ideal to just have one of the two available scholarships used for this next year, if the coaching staff believes it can get a good third recruit by saving the other scholarship. And if they don't feel like they're passing up on a great transfer by saving it. A transfer wouldn't be able to play until 2012 anyway. Of course, in addition to a re-classified Sim Bhullar, getting one of the late signees or recent de-commitments for immediate playing time in 2011 is always an option.

Since we need probably one big man, to use the other three between some combination of Kyle Anderson, DSR, Torian Graham, and Myles Davis would be fantastic, especially if it included Anderson, since he can basically play anything but the 5. If we had that, we would have one of the top recruiting classes in the country.

Also, are we still really in the mix for Gary Harris, or is that opportunity falling by the wayside?

Everyone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think out of those guys we really only still have a good shot at Myles Davis and DSR. I don't know about DSR anymore either. Hope I'm wrong, but it seems like we were in on some of these guys early, but haven't been near the top in a little while.

bobbiemcgee
04-24-2011, 08:57 PM
Maybe I will be proved wrong, but I think everything changed when Dez Wells committed. He is the new standard for recruiting @ X, top 50-75 - 4 1/2 star guys. Also, some of these recruits look at the guys we are getting and maybe wonder "will I be good enough' or end up like some others who transferred. I think we are pretty well loaded for next year. I'm wondering where the pt will be coming for the newer guys we already have. I think you're gonna have to be pretty damn good to get an offer from X now, and definitely be a guy who fills a future need. Most all the 5 stars are headed to one and done U, We'll recruit from the next tier now.:D

XUFan09
04-24-2011, 09:07 PM
Maybe I will be proved wrong, but I think everything changed when Dez Wells committed. He is the new standard for recruiting @ X, top 50-75 - 4 1/2 star guys. Also, some of these recruits look at the guys we are getting and maybe wonder "will I be good enough' or end up like some others who transferred. I think we are pretty well loaded for next year. I'm wondering where the pt will be coming for the newer guys we already have. I think you're gonna have to be pretty damn good to get an offer from X now, and definitely be a guy who fills a future need. Most all the 5 stars are headed to one and done U, We'll recruit from the next tier now.:D

Which is why these borderline top 25 guys are perfect, especially the ones like DSR who bring up questions concerning their pro potential but no questions at all concerning their enormous college potential.

MuskiePimp23
04-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Everyone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think out of those guys we really only still have a good shot at Myles Davis and DSR. I don't know about DSR anymore either. Hope I'm wrong, but it seems like we were in on some of these guys early, but haven't been near the top in a little while.

You are correct, but I think we are still in the mix for Torian Graham as well...Kyle Anderson and Gary Harris are no longer looking at X. Myles Davis and DSR would be a great combo and we are still in the mix for both of them.

XUFan09
04-24-2011, 09:37 PM
You are correct, but I think we are still in the mix for Torian Graham as well...Kyle Anderson and Gary Harris are no longer looking at X. Myles Davis and DSR would be a great combo and we are still in the mix for both of them.

If UNC and/or UK offer a scholarship, then I think we might end up missing out on Graham. If they don't, it seems like our chances are good. These kids (understandably) give very different lists at different times and to different people. I believe rumors swirled about DSR no longer being interested in X, only for him to say that X had "a leg up" in the recruiting process. The opposite could also happen too.

Retire33
04-25-2011, 01:05 AM

Also noticed the blurb on Charles Mitchell in that link (last player mentioned). I have not heard anything about him on our recruiting boards.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Charles-Mitchell-88160

#62 Rivals, #16 PF

Why has this guy not been discussed?

XUFan09
04-25-2011, 09:05 AM
Also noticed the blurb on Charles Mitchell in that link (last player mentioned). I have not heard anything about him on our recruiting boards.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Charles-Mitchell-88160

#62 Rivals, #16 PF

Why has this guy not been discussed?

Good question. I didn't realize we were after him. He's a big guy that needs to work on conditioning, but that can be taken care of.

XUFAN 51795
05-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Committed to NC State.... Damn

HuskyMuskie
05-16-2011, 05:47 PM
This really sucks. I was hoping to snag this kid after DSR jewed us. And, seeing that he is a 5 star now according to Rivals, I am purely amazed that N.C State continues to grab big name players like this. This sucks.

Benxman
05-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Committed to NC State.... Damn

I assume you are talking about Torian Graham. That is too bad!

Concerning the other kid, Charles Mitchell, a power forward, why would we be recruiting another power forward? We already have one in that class, plus a center. I personally think we NEED to add another outside shooting wing ... someone between 6'3" and 6'6", who can get his shot off from behind a screen. It is great to bring in tall players for the front line. Lord knows you always need them, but we will be needing outside shooters by that time and someone unlike Redford, who has trouble getting his shot off, even from behind a screen. DSR would be perfect in my mind. Let's hope we get him. If not, there must be someone out there who could fill that role.

GO MUSKIES!

:logo::shield::sword:

ThePowerOfX
05-16-2011, 08:06 PM
I assume you are talking about Torian Graham. That is too bad!

Concerning the other kid, Charles Mitchell, a power forward, why would we be recruiting another power forward? We already have one in that class, plus a center. I personally think we NEED to add another outside shooting wing ... someone between 6'3" and 6'6", who can get his shot off from behind a screen. It is great to bring in tall players for the front line. Lord knows you always need them, but we will be needing outside shooters by that time and someone unlike Redford, who has trouble getting his shot off, even from behind a screen. DSR would be perfect in my mind. Let's hope we get him. If not, there must be someone out there who could fill that role.

GO MUSKIES!

:logo::shield::sword:

I think we get either DSR, Myles Davis, Kareem Canty, or even Negus Webster-Chan. We could possibly get 2 out of the 4 but I think the other scholarship will go to Towson transfer, Isaiah Philmore since he seems extremely interested at this point.

JimmyTwoTimes37
08-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Torian decommitted today

Juice
08-08-2011, 12:31 PM
Torian decommitted today

Did the untrustworthy commissioner of the Pac 12 say that? Or some uninformed journalist?

JimmyTwoTimes37
08-08-2011, 12:32 PM
Did the untrustworthy commissioner of the Pac 12 say that? Or some uninformed journalist?

Haha, well Evan Daniels from Scout said it so its not really trustworthy...Even if Torian Graham said it to everyone on this board personally, its not really trustworthy though...

XUFan09
08-08-2011, 12:33 PM
Torian decommitted today

!!!

JimmyTwoTimes37
08-08-2011, 12:37 PM
!!!

scoutsfocus Joe Davis
Torian Graham said he is looking to hear from Kentucky, NCSU, UNC, Duke, UCLA, Baylor, Louisville and Xavier

XUFan09
08-08-2011, 12:41 PM
scoutsfocus Joe Davis
Torian Graham said he is looking to hear from Kentucky, NCSU, UNC, Duke, UCLA, Baylor, Louisville and Xavier

I'd put him on about the same level as DSR (higher ceiling, slightly lower overall game at this point). It will be interesting to see if the coaching staff re-pursues him.

GoMuskies
08-08-2011, 01:14 PM

Don't bring that over here. Benxman will get his panties all bunched up.

HuskyMuskie
08-08-2011, 02:28 PM
It will be interesting to see if the same DSR "bah-humbuggers" will start to encourage the pursuit of Graham now that he's back on the market.

Why is introducing another 2012'er even a feasible option at this point?

Juice
08-08-2011, 02:36 PM
It will be interesting to see if the same DSR "bah-humbuggers" will start to encourage the pursuit of Graham now that he's back on the market.

Why is introducing another 2012'er even a feasible option at this point?

He was being recruited by X before he committed to NC State

Steve A
08-08-2011, 02:56 PM
scoutsfocus Joe Davis

It's been said before and it'll be said again, but how awesome is it that now X is frequently mentioned by recruits in the same breath as schools such as Kentucky and Duke? It is a testament to the administration and coaching staff(s) that this has happened. It's just truly been awesome to watch X became one of the 'elite' programs over the course of my lifetime.

XUFan09
08-08-2011, 03:06 PM
He wants to sign in April, so X could benefit from knowing whether or not they could free up a scholarship for him by the time he is ready to decide.

XUFan09
08-08-2011, 03:15 PM
He still doesn't know where he will attend high school, and someone on the Rivals main board said academics might be an issue. I wonder if he might re-classify to 2013.

XUFAN 51795
08-08-2011, 03:17 PM

It's really happened... I say we should go for him again.

HuskyMuskie
08-08-2011, 03:42 PM
He was being recruited by X before he committed to NC State

I'm aware. Just don't understand why people would think we have room to sign Graham but not DSR. If he IS reclassifying to 2013 as some have mentioned, then I say throw the kitchen sink at him and reel him in. Great talent.

SixFig
08-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Love what I've seen of this kid. A carbon copy of Jordan Crawford. Let's roll the red capet for him...we need some SG's in 2013

Xavgrad08
08-08-2011, 06:20 PM
Looks like the kid favors North Carolina, Kentucky or Duke, but currently does not have an offer from those schools. http://blogs.newsobserver.com/accnow/graham-decommits-from-nc-state

Juice
08-09-2011, 07:56 AM
This Maryland blog believes they will be major players for Graham because of Dalonte Hill, not that I can really argue with that logic.

http://www.testudotimes.com/2011/8/8/2351872/torian-graham-decommits-from-n-c-state-look-for-maryland-to-get

SixFig
11-02-2011, 03:13 PM
TJ Warren just committed to NC State. I wonder if this affects Graham's decison at all. I would love to stay in the discussion for this kid, though I think he is Maryland's to lose.

MADXSTER
11-02-2011, 03:55 PM
NC State has a stud 2012 class

rankings
Rodney Purvis #6
TJ Warren #23
Tyler Lewis #55

SixFig
11-10-2011, 10:10 AM
DaveTelep Dave Telep
Receiving information that Torian Graham is no longer considering the Maryland Terrapins.

Davis Love III
11-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Do we have room for Graham if he decides to commit to X?

Per ESPN Recruiting, it is between us, NC State and UMiami. With Warren and Purvis committing to NC State, and the U having all of the issues going on down there, you have to think X is the most desireable place for him. Do we have room? I say we make room if we don't. The kid is a talent.

Davis Love III
11-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Do we have room for Graham if he decides to commit to X?

Per ESPN Recruiting, it is between us, NC State and UMiami. With Warren and Purvis committing to NC State, and the U having all of the issues going on down there, you have to think X is the most desireable place for him. Do we have room? I say we make room if we don't. The kid is a talent.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/110968/torian-graham

Steve A
11-10-2011, 02:08 PM
I don't think they have any more scholarships

1. Lyons
2. Redford
3. Taylor
4. D. Davis
5. Wells
6. Martin
7. Robinson
8. McKenzie
9. Philmore
10. Farr
11. Christon
12. Reynolds
13. M. Davis

SixFig
11-10-2011, 02:29 PM
I don't think they have any more scholarships

1. Lyons
2. Redford
3. Taylor
4. D. Davis
5. Wells
6. Martin
7. Robinson
8. McKenzie
9. Philmore
10. Farr
11. Christon
12. Reynolds
13. M. Davis

Someone always leaves. Not speculating on who, but I'd be willing to bet there is a transfer.

PMI
11-10-2011, 03:25 PM
I think we would definitely take Graham if he wanted to come. A transfer, early departure, etc. is all but inevitable for us now, and Graham is a serious talent.

GreatWhiteNorth
11-10-2011, 03:51 PM
We were going to go over 1 for DSR, so why not Graham. But another SG ?

SixFig
11-10-2011, 04:03 PM
We were going to go over 1 for DSR, so why not Graham. But another SG ?

Putting Graham with Wells, Martin, and Myles Davis in the mix at the SG/SF and that will be fine. They will go along with seniors Lyons (will some PG as well next year if he stays) and Redford. Plenty of minutes for all

waggy
11-10-2011, 06:01 PM
I'd rather not take him for the simple reason is you know X tells recruits that the first guy to commit gets the spot. That's not a very meaningful statement if you turn right around and take the guy after other players have made the commitment to the program.

Say what you mean; mean what you say.

PMI
11-10-2011, 07:11 PM
Torian Graham has NBA potential. I don't know if we're recruiting him at all anymore, but if he tells Coach Mack that Xavier is high on his list, I have to imagine he listens. We have two guards in the class and Graham can play the 2 or 3. In theory, it could be a five man class where you could have all five positions covered, making for quite the balance. I for one hope he's interested in Xavier, but I have no idea.

XUFan09
11-10-2011, 08:09 PM
I remembered liking his game a lot early on and wanting him more than DSR before the NC State commit. I don't know how much his jump shot is improving though; that was a big thing he needed to work on that some players just never significantly improve upon.

mistabeecee41
11-15-2011, 02:49 PM
Dez helping out a bit.

DezWells_5 Dez Wells
XU fam, we gotta get @TorianG4 !! Everybody follow him and show him love, another NC boy like me!

Don't mean to jump the gun, but I don't see Griff getting much PT this year. Based on our normal history of transfers - 2 years of no minutes normally equals transfer.

XUmeat
11-15-2011, 03:12 PM
Dez had a 2nd tweet about XU blue fitting him too well... but both tweets have since been deleted. I wonder if he got in trouble for getting involved w/ a recruit? Not sure how the rules work.

Dez's involvement seems (to me) to hint that XU is very much in this

boozehound
11-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Dez had a 2nd tweet about XU blue fitting him too well... but both tweets have since been deleted. I wonder if he got in trouble for getting involved w/ a recruit? Not sure how the rules work.

Dez's involvement seems (to me) to hint that XU is very much in this

I'm not sure how this works either. Twitter must be a real problem in recruiting. It is very easy for people to contact each other. It's only natural for kids to try to convince their buddies to come play college ball with them.

That is not even getting into the issue of obsessed fans following recruits and trying to convince them to come to a school. How do you monitor or enforce that?

X-band '01
11-15-2011, 04:40 PM
The compliance office for every school is bound to have 1 or 2 people daily that monitor students' Facebook pages and Twitter accounts for this very reason. About the only way schools can police each other and themselves is through the honor system (and Kelvin Sampson's cell phone bills at Indiana).

SixFig
12-08-2011, 03:21 PM
insidemdsports InsideMDSports
Torian Graham's updated list: #Ville, #Baylor, Oregon, #FSU, #Villanova, #Xavier, #Zona, #Longhorns. #Terps backed off of Graham.

That's a lot of schools. Still like XU's chances, we need a versatile wing scorer next year fo sho.

XUmeat
12-22-2011, 08:51 AM
Xavier Popes just tweeted that he is down to Xavier, Louisville, or UK.

UK already has Goodwin signed, so I'm hoping they aren't a threat.

BBC 08
12-22-2011, 09:02 AM
Dave Telep just tweeted he is going to NC State.

THRILLHOUSE
12-22-2011, 09:02 AM
Xavier Popes just tweeted that he is down to Xavier, Louisville, or UK.

UK already has Goodwin signed, so I'm hoping they aren't a threat.

the popes are incorrect, Graham has recommitted to NC State.

BandAid
12-22-2011, 09:42 AM
Boo

XUmeat
12-22-2011, 09:59 AM
the popes are incorrect, Graham has recommitted to NC State.

Just saw that. bummer. We lost out on Anton Gill yesterday and Graham today.

PMI
12-22-2011, 10:16 AM
So I guess it is possible to re-commit to the school you de-committed from after all...

THRILLHOUSE
12-22-2011, 01:09 PM
Not a done deal yet?:

@jgravleyWRAL: BREAKING: Just spoke with @TorianG4 asking about commit to NCSU. "It's up in the air. Something has come up." Asked that I call back later.

Xavier Nation
12-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Highly recruited player committed to NC State, and decommited months ago. He had X as one of his top choices. He REcommited to NC State this morning. Now, hours later, he has decommited again from NC State. Wow.

bobbiemcgee
12-22-2011, 01:41 PM
Thought the popes had infallability.

BandAid
12-22-2011, 01:58 PM
Not a done deal yet?:

@jgravleyWRAL: BREAKING: Just spoke with @TorianG4 asking about commit to NCSU. "It's up in the air. Something has come up." Asked that I call back later.

Yay

JimmyTwoTimes37
12-22-2011, 02:25 PM
Yay

Giggity?

XUmeat
12-22-2011, 03:49 PM
I don't have espn insider, so I can't see the full article... but Telep just posted an article suggesting it might have come from NC St's end...

“They said because he hasn’t qualified and hasn’t taken the test they can’t take the commitment,” a source close to Graham sad. “He hasn’t qualified yet.”

It is rare that a recruit RE-commits to a program, so I'd be shocked if the smoke clears and he commits for a 3rd time. Hopefully xavier can move in for 2012, 2013, whenever...

THRILLHOUSE
12-22-2011, 04:10 PM
I don't have espn insider, so I can't see the full article... but Telep just posted an article suggesting it might have come from NC St's end...

“They said because he hasn’t qualified and hasn’t taken the test they can’t take the commitment,” a source close to Graham sad. “He hasn’t qualified yet.”

It is rare that a recruit RE-commits to a program, so I'd be shocked if the smoke clears and he commits for a 3rd time. Hopefully xavier can move in for 2012, 2013, whenever...

Snow tweeted that he heard its because not all of his family members are on board with the decision. But since Telep is from North Carolina, his explanation is probably accurate.

BandAid
12-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Dave Telep just tweeted he is going to NC State.

Boo

Not a done deal yet?:

Yay

Giggity?

I don't know about Giggity...I was just keeping a theme going. Sure hoping it's a giggity though...although it sounds like it won't be anytime in the near future if it is.

nkymuskie
01-24-2012, 11:57 AM
He dropped really really far in ESPN's rankings in the latest update. Went from 38th to 82nd. A 95 player rating to a 92.

ESPN still lists his only offer as NC State and Xavier though. I wonder if we are still recruiting this guy at all?

Juice
02-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Torian Graham is one of the top available shooting guards left on the board for the spring signing period.

According to his guardian, Craig Wilson, four schools are working hardest on the 6-foot-4 wing: N.C. State, Xavier, Pittsburgh and Oregon.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/02/02/four-working-hardest-on-torian-graham/#more-66523

blueblob06
04-25-2012, 10:08 AM
This may explain why Graham still hasn't signed with anyone...
http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1176810.html

From the article:
Quick Take: Graham has committed to NC State twice only to de-commit both times. The athletic wing has had a tough time gaining stability off the floor and that has led to questions about his ability to qualify academically. Right now the odds are he goes either the prep school or junior college route and doesn’t sign anywhere.

In Contention: North Carolina State, Memphis, Xavier, Prep School

nkymuskie
08-03-2012, 09:52 PM
I heard today that he qualified and could play in 2012. Any chance we are still looking at him?

@KyHoopsBuzz

Exciting news that Torian Graham has qualified for 2012. He really likes UK and would provide great athleticism off the bench.

blueblob06
08-07-2012, 09:50 AM
I heard today that he qualified and could play in 2012. Any chance we are still looking at him?

@KyHoopsBuzz

Exciting news that Torian Graham has qualified for 2012. He really likes UK and would provide great athleticism off the bench.
This was tweeted yesterday, who knows though.

The Xavier Popes‏@TheXavierPopes
As was previously reported by us six months ago, 2012 G Torian Graham WILL qualify this year. Xavier, Kentucky, and NCSU are top 3 in mix.

bobbiemcgee
08-07-2012, 10:05 AM
Maybe Dez can reel him in. looks like they are good buds.

DoubleD86
08-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Maybe Dez can reel him in. looks like they are good buds.

My concern with Torian is Roddy Peters/Rysheed Jordan. Both are higher regarded recruits with less red flags. Both are said to have Xavier at or near the top of their list. Taking Torian would undoubtedly hurt X's chances with either prospect.

That being said, it would be tough to say no to Torian in hopes of getting one of those two.

PMI
08-07-2012, 02:47 PM
This was tweeted yesterday, who knows though.

The Xavier Popes‏@TheXavierPopes
As was previously reported by us six months ago, 2012 G Torian Graham WILL qualify this year. Xavier, Kentucky, and NCSU are top 3 in mix.

I'm not usually one to question the popes, but I'd like to know where they're getting that. I very, very strongly doubt we are still in the mix for Graham. I think the staff has moved on with the plethora of talented 2013 targets on our radar.

GoMuskies
08-07-2012, 03:48 PM
I think the staff has moved on with the plethora of talented 2013 targets on our radar.

Yes, but with the impending NCAA doom we probably have to scale back our recruiting aspirations.

Masterofreality
08-07-2012, 03:58 PM
Yes, but with the impending NCAA doom we probably have to scale back our recruiting aspirations.

Right, based upon an unnamed Poster on an undetermined premium website about an unconfirmed rumor of mayhem and total destruction.

GoMuskies
08-07-2012, 04:11 PM
Right, based upon an unnamed Poster on an undetermined premium website about an unconfirmed rumor of mayhem and total destruction.

I've already made other plans for the first weekend of the Tournament the next three years since Xavier obviously won't be there.

blueblob06
09-14-2012, 09:55 AM
Was wondering what happened to Graham...some UK sites are saying Calipari might be able to get him for this fall.

I've also read that he could be doing a year of prep school or JUCO....seems like nothing is ever clear with this kid.

GIMMFD
09-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Was wondering what happened to Graham...some UK sites are saying Calipari might be able to get him for this fall.

I've also read that he could be doing a year of prep school or JUCO....seems like nothing is ever clear with this kid.

Hell if he's around, and is qualified, any way we could pick him up this late in the school year?

Juice
09-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Hell if he's around, and is qualified, any way we could pick him up this late in the school year?

I believe XU could but he wouldn't be eligible until the 2nd semester/January.

GIMMFD
09-15-2012, 08:06 PM
i believe xu could but he wouldn't be eligible until the 2nd semester/january.

give the man a damn jersey coach mack!

blueblob06
09-21-2012, 03:30 PM
http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/09/21/torian-graham-still-awaiting-word-from-ncaa/

Per a few articles and things I've seen on Twitter, Graham has now apparently been approved or is about to be approved by the clearinghouse (the article above doesn't seem like it's a sure thing yet) and wants to enroll in a Division I school this year. Sounds like it'd be starting in January. We sure could use a 4th guard on the team for the A10 schedule.

JimmyTwoTimes37
09-21-2012, 08:21 PM
http://www.zagsblog.com/2012/09/21/torian-graham-still-awaiting-word-from-ncaa/

Per a few articles and things I've seen on Twitter, Graham has now apparently been approved or is about to be approved by the clearinghouse (the article above doesn't seem like it's a sure thing yet) and wants to enroll in a Division I school this year. Sounds like it'd be starting in January. We sure could use a 4th guard on the team for the A10 schedule.

It'd be nice...He's also good friends with Dez. I can't imagine that helping at all with his recruitment

DC Muskie
09-21-2012, 08:24 PM
My sources tell me that we should forget the name Torian Graham.

A10fan
09-21-2012, 10:04 PM
My sources tell me that we should forget the name Torian Graham.

Quit listening to Gladdenguy

bleedXblue
09-22-2012, 04:03 PM
Would be nice to see this kid in blue and white.

Xavier Bluehairs
09-25-2012, 11:36 AM
Anyone else hearing the rumors about Torian Graham joining the 2012 roster and maybe suiting up in the second semester. I hear some murmurings but don't know what to think about them.

xufan02
09-25-2012, 12:00 PM
I know nothing about this, but Mack was in NC for a Nike speaking event late last week. Graham is from that area.

XU 87
09-25-2012, 12:00 PM
That seems to be the rumor. Unfortunately, my source is Jim Kincaid, a well known idiot on the Scout and Rivals boards.

GIMMFD
09-25-2012, 04:11 PM
It's going to be interesting if this pans out, Dez still shows Xavier love via twitter, and other outlets, so technically he would only be talking bad about administration, but the guy loved the fan base, when I told him I was going to sit out for the 8PM Dayton game outside of Cintas at noon, he came and threw football around and hung out for an hour or so, and came to visit during the Crosstown Shootout, the guy is just social. That won't hurt us. What will hurt us is how the administration handled his situation. So if Torian is asking, it's how Dez words his words. IMO.

JimmyTwoTimes37
09-27-2012, 07:50 PM
Any news on his eligibility or potential school list? Is X even actively recruiting him?

ammtd34
10-03-2012, 06:20 AM
Any news on his eligibility or potential school list? Is X even actively recruiting him?

He's headed to Chipola JC.

Juice
10-03-2012, 07:24 AM
He's headed to Chipola JC.

That team is going to be stacked with Thomas, Cassell Jr. and Graham.

ArizonaXUGrad
10-03-2012, 10:40 AM
That team is going to be stacked with Thomas, Cassell Jr. and Graham.

Carlos Morris is there also. I think it's a who's who of guys we had or looking at.

More Cowbell
10-03-2012, 01:11 PM
Carlos Morris is there also. I think it's a who's who of guys we had or looking at.

Not sure if that's good or bad. A team of very talented players who can't qualify

dfcapp
04-21-2014, 03:11 PM
Looks like he's headed to Houston.....enjoy life with ol' Kelvin Sampson!

Link (http://zagsblog.com/houston/torian-graham-to-houston/)

ArizonaXUGrad
11-17-2016, 04:19 PM
Just because nobody is talking about it, Torian Graham plays at Arizona State and is in the Orlando tournament.