PDA

View Full Version : Myles Davis (Commit Xavier)

JimmyTwoTimes37
01-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Shooting Guard
Fitchburg, Massachusetts
Notre Dame
AAU: Playaz

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 180
Class: 2012

RIVALS Ranking: 107
- Position: 29

SCOUT Ranking: NR
-3 star

ESPN Ranking: 95
-4 star

RANGE: Just inside Halfcourt

INTERESTING NOTE: Grew up with Kyle Anderson

Considering GTown, Nova, Pitt, Xavier

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/player/_/id/61234/myles-davis

Strengths:
Without question, his jump shot is his biggest weapon. He has confidence and ability to pull it from well behind the line. He's also a competitive kid who has addressed the need to transition to the point because of his size. We'll give him credit for toning down his perimeter game and making a concerted effort to be a more complete guard.

Weaknesses:
He's going to have to guard quickers kids in college and that will be a challenge. He's caught in a position transition and to make the switch to full time point he must become a better ballhandler and continue refining his approach.

Bottom Line:
The reality is his size and lack of defensive speed will need to be addressed, thus making his college decision very important. At the mid-major level, his jump shot will be a weapon.

Youtube Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0TE4fpPZGE

Other info:
http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/01/21/big-east-report-notre-dame-prep-coach-talks-prospects/

bobbiemcgee
01-21-2011, 02:03 PM
http://image.lyricspond.com/image/m/artist-miles-davis/album-doo-bop/cd-cover.jpg

Kid has good range, I hear.

SixFig
01-21-2011, 02:12 PM
http://image.lyricspond.com/image/m/artist-miles-davis/album-doo-bop/cd-cover.jpg

Dude looks like he borrowed his hair from the golden voiced homeless man

BandAid
01-21-2011, 02:58 PM
What's wrong with his size? 6'2", 180 pounds isn't bad...

I mean, it's no Justin Martin, but it still isn't bad...

smileyy
01-21-2011, 04:07 PM
What's wrong with his size? 6'2", 180 pounds isn't bad...

6'2" is short for SG at the level XU plays at. Which is not to say you can't be successful having a 6'2" or shorter point guard.

BandAid
01-21-2011, 04:13 PM
6'2" is short for SG at the level XU plays at. Which is not to say you can't be successful having a 6'2" or shorter point guard.

How tall is Lyons?

XUFAN 51795
01-21-2011, 04:22 PM
How tall is Lyons?

Realistically 5-10

MuskiePimp23
01-21-2011, 06:44 PM
Lyons is at least 6'0" and I would say his listed 6'1" is pretty accurate.

PMI
01-22-2011, 01:21 AM
I'm exactly 6'0" and Lyons has a hair on me.

boozehound
01-22-2011, 07:46 AM
I'm exactly 6'0" and Lyons has a hair on me.

It's amazing how small those guys look on the court. 6 feet tall is not short by any means but Lyons looks tiny compared to all the other guys out there.

PMI
01-22-2011, 11:15 AM
I here you booze. When I saw The Sheriff walk by me I was stunned at how tall he is. Tu Holloway is one guy I may actually have a hair on, but Redford is also every bit of 6 feet as well.

Porkopolis
01-22-2011, 04:54 PM
It's amazing how small those guys look on the court. 6 feet tall is not short by any means but Lyons looks tiny compared to all the other guys out there.

I agree. I'm 6'2" but always feel short when I'm around college basketball players. There's something about looking the "little guys" in the face that makes you feel very small. If you ever have the chance to stand next to King Kenny your chin will drop to the floor.

GreatWhiteNorth
01-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Didn't Lyons dunk the ball today?

xu15
01-22-2011, 07:34 PM
Didn't Lyons dunk the ball today?

He can jump. Won the dunk contest one year I think.

Benxman
01-30-2011, 11:29 PM
If you are 6'2" and play shooting guard, you had better be quick and explosive (read Lyons. Yes he won the dunk contest by leaping over one of our PF's to dunk the ball.).
Apparently this kid is neither. The write up says he lacks speed and quickness, but is a great jump shooter. Sounds like a slightly taller Redford to me. Nothing against Brad, but he has a heck off a time getting his shot off against the taller, quicker guards at this level. We need a shooting guard who has the size and skills to get to the basket, but can also shoot the three at a good percentage. I'll take DSR, thank you very much. Keep your fingers crossed that he recommits.

GO MUSKIES!

:logo:

Muskie1995
04-29-2011, 03:07 PM
Bringing this back up to the top of the thread as I think Myles will be seeing X a lot over the next few months. I feel that we will go after a SG like him to complement all of the post player depth we seem to have in the fold for the next few years.

xu15
04-29-2011, 03:10 PM
Bringing this back up to the top of the thread as I think Myles will be seeing X a lot over the next few months. I feel that we will go after a SG like him to complement all of the post player depth we seem to have in the fold for the next few years.

Agreed. I would love to have him and DSR as the bulkier guards with different skill sets to complement the quickness of Dee Davis.

XUFan09
04-30-2011, 09:13 PM
To the people who say he's too short as a shooting guard to not be very explosive and athletic, I'd like to remind you that the same description could fit a Mr. Stanley Burrell, who was only an inch taller. Seems like he worked out pretty well.

And from the videos I've watched, he's definitely not just a slightly taller Redford. He's not very explosive or athletic when compared to mid-to-high-D1 guards in general, but he is definitely better off in those categories than Redford, not to mention possessing good slashing abilities, a solid handle, and decent strength (with a frame that could easily add more in college). Plus in the end, he is taller than Redford. Being about two inches shorter than opponents versus being about four inches shorter is a big difference.

xufan02
05-11-2011, 09:18 PM
Big Time shooter. Give me him and Kareem Canty and end the 2012 class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y2UKiXPtGA

JimmyTwoTimes37
06-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Visiting X this weekend via Evan Daniels on twitter

Kirmet
06-15-2011, 08:26 PM
Visiting X this weekend via Evan Daniels on twitter

Sure sounds like Coach Mack is going for a All-NY/NJ metro backcourt.

Roach
06-16-2011, 09:41 AM
ESPN is listing Xavier among the leading contenders for Myles Davis (http://http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/blog?name=finkelstein_adam&id=6663888&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2fblog%3fname%3dfinkelstein_adam%26id%3d6663888), a 6'1" shooting guard, out of Jersey City, NJ, who plays for Notre Dame Prep in Massachusetts. He also lists Villanova, Pitt, and Georgetown as top contenders.

I'm not sure why he was given a front page story on ESPN College Basketball page when he's only listed as a 2-star recruit. Maybe he's blown up this year?

Blue Blooded-05
06-16-2011, 11:59 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lih8wyMqV41qi6hjfo1_400.gif

XUFan09
06-16-2011, 04:31 PM
ESPN is listing Xavier among the leading contenders for Myles Davis (http://http://insider.espn.go.com/ncb/blog?name=finkelstein_adam&id=6663888&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncb %2fblog%3fname%3dfinkelstein_adam%26id%3d6663888), a 6'1" shooting guard, out of Jersey City, NJ, who plays for Notre Dame Prep in Massachusetts. He also lists Villanova, Pitt, and Georgetown as top contenders.

I'm not sure why he was given a front page story on ESPN College Basketball page when he's only listed as a 2-star recruit. Maybe he's blown up this year?

I wouldn't think too much into that rating. With ESPN, higher-graded two-star is code for "He looks decent but we haven't put much time into scouting him." Rivals and Scout (who have more scouting resources) rank him as #24 (#111 overall) and #23 respectively at his position, versus ESPN's ranking of #41. That's a huge discrepancy, so I'll give more respect to what two of the three say instead of one of the three (especially since he's performed well at top-AAU events likes EYBL).

JimmyTwoTimes37
07-11-2011, 12:33 PM
http://www.therecruitscoop.com/myles-davis-looking-at-four-schools

When Myles Davis made the move to reclassify and transfer out of St. Peter’s Prep, his life would change forever. He ended up in Fitchburg, Massachusetts at Notre Dame Prep with the likes of Khem Birch, Angel Nunez, Sam Cassell and Ricardo Ledo.
A 6-foot-2 shooting guard from Notre Dame Prep (MA), Davis has paid his dues and is excelling on the AAU circuit this summer with the New Jersey Playaz. “I decided to prep at Notre Dame Prep for maturity reasons,” he stated. “I had to put myself in a good position because right now I’m in a great opportunity and I cannot have that taken away from me.” At first, it was difficult because he couldn’t go anywhere or have much of a social life like he could when he was a Plainfield, New Jersey resident. “I just got used to it though,” he said. “It’s going to make me the best player possible and now I have the opportunity to keep myself in shape.”
As he plays along with some of the top talent, Notre Dame Prep features two of the best scorers in the country, Davis and Ricardo Ledo. “Rick creates for himself, while I feed him,” Davis stated. “It goes viceversa, as well, depending on whoever is hot that game.” Along with those two, Davis loves the game of Sam Cassell Jr at the point.
Davis is a pure shooter with range. He is a leader and a real team player as he knows how to pass the pass, too. He led his talented team to a championship at Hoop Group Elite Camp. Davis’ shot can either be on or off but for the most part he finds a way to score; someway, somehow. Despite lacking some athleticism and handle, Davis’ main focus is the conditioning and maturity that he needs to know for college. “I had to know what I could and could not eat as an athlete,” he said. “It was all about maturity and I needed to learn my limits.”
Currently, Davis has four offers, along with a list of four. “I’m down to Xavier, Georgetown, Pittsburgh and West Virginia,” he stated. “West Virginia just offered a few weeks ago.” As Davis has visited every school outside of West Virginia, he will try to make it out to the campus when he is free. However, a decision could come very soon. “I may make my college decision by the end of the month of sometime in August,” he said.
As Xavier and Pittsburgh are fighting it out, neck and neck, Georgetown could be the dark-horse. “They were always my dream school growing up,” he said. “Xavier is recruiting me the hardest, though.” As Chris Mack and Rasheen Davis have recruited Davis the hardest, Pittsburgh’s duo of Jamie Dixon and Davis’ cousin, Brandon Knight, are very close to landing him, as well. “Brandon makes Pitt more of a home because I know he will take care of me,” Davis said at Hoop Group Elite camp. “He is a brother figure and has the best interest in mind for me.”
While he hopes to play with a big man, find a place like home and go to a winning program, the fourt schools all have a good shot. However, two potential package deals could be in the works. “I don’t have anything setup but my AAU teammate Kyle Anderson and I could go to Georgetown or my former high school teammate Khem Birch and I could go to Pitt,” he said.
As Davis looks to commit very soon, there is no doubt that his maturity level has gone up. After losing weight, going on the right diet and adding more dimensions to his game besides his shot, it is evident that this star is ready for the big time college setting.

Juice
07-12-2011, 02:43 PM
Update on Myles

http://eye-on-college-basketball-recruiting.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/29884776/30594548

NORTH AUGUSTA, S.C. – Outside of simply reaching the title game, Myles Davis has another motive for helping lead the NJ Playaz to the Peach Jam finals.

“If we make it to the championship, I’m going to announce my commitment live on TV,” Davis said.

The finals will be televised on Friday at 7:30, on ESPNU. With the Playaz going 11-4 during the Elite Youth Basketball League regular season, and winning their first game of the Peach Jam, it’s not far-fetched they could make a run to the title game.

Davis, a 6-foot-1 combo guard from Notre Dame Prep (Mass.), has trimmed his list to four schools: Xavier, Georgetown, Pittsburgh and West Virginia.

The Mountaineers jumped into Davis’ recruitment late, but they are squarely in the mix for his services. “They’re a new one for me, but they’re a big program,” he said.

Davis has a family connection to Pittsburgh, which has helped the Panthers.

“I know a lot about their program because my cousin is [assistant coach] Brandon Knight,” he said.

As for Xavier, Davis likes nearly everything about the program and its campus. “I think I could do a lot of things there,” he said.

While Davis does not have a favorite, Georgetown could have the inside track for him.

“They’ve been my dream school for awhile,” Davis said. “When I got that one, it felt big-time. I’ve always loved it there, since I was younger.”

If things don’t go according to plan and the Playaz do not reach the title game, Davis said he plans to make his decision after July.

GoMuskies
07-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Kids are funny, no? If they make it to the finals of some AAU Tournament, he announces his decision in three days. If not, he won't even MAKE his decision for three more weeks.

XUFan09
07-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Kids are funny, no? If they make it to the finals of some AAU Tournament, he announces his decision in three days. If not, he won't even MAKE his decision for three more weeks.

Makes me think he's weighed every thing concerning the different schools and just needs the pressure of having to finally make the decision.

xu15
07-12-2011, 04:09 PM
Makes me think he's weighed every thing concerning the different schools and just needs the pressure of having to finally make the decision.

My thoughts exactly.
This could be a big decision for X. His could sway DSR, Canty, and any other 2012 guards in a negative (or possibly positive) direction for us. Any word on how the overall situation is playing out?

paulxu
07-12-2011, 04:58 PM
“If we make it to the championship, I’m going to announce my commitment live on TV,” Davis said.

Is he going to the Heat?

danaandvictory
07-12-2011, 05:31 PM
Just want to let everyone know that if Xavier makes the Final Four this year, I will immediately poop my pants.

If XU is eliminated prior to the Final Four, I will wait to poop my pants until the end of April.

bobbiemcgee
07-12-2011, 07:22 PM
Just want to let everyone know that if Xavier makes the Final Four this year, I will immediately poop my pants.

If XU is eliminated prior to the Final Four, I will wait to poop my pants until the end of April.

Holy sphincterotomy cheese.:eek:

MuskiePimp23
07-12-2011, 08:42 PM

What would you do if we win it all next year?

Xman95
07-13-2011, 01:08 AM
What would you do if we win it all next year?

He'll poop your pants!

GoMuskies
07-13-2011, 08:42 AM

Nice to see George Brett posts here.

Xman95
07-13-2011, 04:55 PM

Was just telling someone about that video the other day and they had no idea what I was talking about.

danaandvictory
07-13-2011, 05:25 PM

"Oh yeah, I crap my pants two or three times a year."

paulxu
07-13-2011, 10:30 PM
Report from the Peach Jam on the second day's activities noting some players:

Best shooter: Myles Davis, St. Peter?s, Plainfield, N.J. Davis coolly hit 7-of-11 from 3-point range on a day when most players were struggling to find any kind of range. He has short arms and is only 6-1, but he can hit from deep and has a quick-trigger release.

Davis finished with 29 points for the New Jersey Playaz in a 92-60 destruction of the Spiece Indy Heat.

SixFig
07-14-2011, 11:55 AM
He has short arms and is only 6-1, but he can hit from deep and has a quick-trigger release.

Short arms? We talking T Rex arms?

http://www.portalsaofrancisco.com.br/alfa/caracteristicas/imagens/tyrannosaurus-rex-2.jpg

nkymuskie
07-14-2011, 05:37 PM
So since his team won today does that mean he is announcing his school choice tomorrow?

bobbiemcgee
07-14-2011, 05:56 PM
So since his team won today does that mean he is announcing his school choice tomorrow?

Yes, Paulxu on way to sign him.

XUFan09
07-14-2011, 06:36 PM

I think there are semi-finals tomorrow earlier in the day.

TUXU2011
07-14-2011, 07:06 PM
What are the chances of us signing him?

XUFan09
07-14-2011, 07:16 PM
What are the chances of us signing him?

Pretty good, but according to a Rivals article, he's apparently re-thinking the live TV announcement after talking to his coaches and parents. That would make sense, as it really seems like he should stick with his original August deadline and not rush things, so I don't fault him at all for re-thinking it. That wouldn't be bad for us, as no other Xavier recruit appears to be deciding before August. The only downside would be that the delay would give WVU the chance to fully get in the mix (He would have time to actually visit the school and talk more with the coaching staff).

My bet: X or Pitt, not Georgetown or WVU.

paulxu
07-15-2011, 08:16 AM

The media credential that Muskie provided was turned down at the door.
I blame Amex and Waggy for the indignity that was suffered.

HuskyMuskie
07-15-2011, 09:15 AM
The media credential that Muskie provided was turned down at the door.
I blame Amex and Waggy for the indignity that was suffered.

If this actually happened it is really quite hillarious.

Masterofreality
07-15-2011, 09:24 AM
Short arms? We talking T Rex arms?

http://www.portalsaofrancisco.com.br/alfa/caracteristicas/imagens/tyrannosaurus-rex-2.jpg

Those arms are as short as Fred Garvin's when it's time to pay for beer.

The guy can just never reach his wallet.

bobbiemcgee
07-15-2011, 03:51 PM
Keep waiting, his team lost:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2011-07-15/myles-davis-waits-to-announce-commitment

Paulxu - don't show up in a Snuggie next time - it's 100 degrees in SC.

xtremefan13
07-18-2011, 10:38 PM
Commits tonight via twitter, woohoo!!!

SixFig
07-18-2011, 10:40 PM
Commits tonight via twitter, woohoo!!!

mdavis15 myles davis
I would like to announce that I will be a Musketeer at Xavier University

Juice
07-18-2011, 10:43 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lih8wyMqV41qi6hjfo1_400.gif

This lady is happy too

danaandvictory
07-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Size and athleticism and potential is all well and good but at the end of the day you have to have guys who can knock down shots. This dude can do that at an elevated level, as he demonstrated last week.

A10fan
07-19-2011, 10:38 AM
Scout.com cracks me up. They have Davis in their rankings 4 times. Twice as a 3 star and twice as a 4 star. HMMM

Halfway down page in recent commits (http://scouthoops.scout.com/)

paulxu
07-19-2011, 11:35 AM

Hey...this should be worth some serious reppage.

nkymuskie
07-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Just kind of curious is he 6'1" or 6'3" different websites have him listed at different heights. Any idea which is closer to the truth? 2 or 3 inches can really help a shooter get his shot off.

bobbiemcgee
11-08-2011, 08:54 AM
2012 #Xavier "@mdavis15: Signing my letter of intent this week. I'm too excited"

Benxman
11-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Just kind of curious is he 6'1" or 6'3" different websites have him listed at different heights. Any idea which is closer to the truth? 2 or 3 inches can really help a shooter get his shot off.

Whatever it actually is, when his hgt. appears on the XU roster, it will be shown as at least one inch taller. ;)

GO MYLES DAVIS
&
GO MUSKIES!

:sword:

JimmyTwoTimes37
11-17-2011, 03:20 PM
New Video

http://ballastv.com/profiles/blogs/myles-davis-does-it-again-drops-34-on-1-brewster-better-then-oak-?xg_source=shorten_twitter

ArizonaXUGrad
11-17-2011, 04:20 PM
:eek:

New Video

http://ballastv.com/profiles/blogs/myles-davis-does-it-again-drops-34-on-1-brewster-better-then-oak-?xg_source=shorten_twitter

bobbiemcgee
12-09-2011, 06:25 AM
Hope he's wrong about Cheekz:

http://fivestarbasketball.com/station-13/12-06-2011-myles-davis-recruiting-advice

paulxu
12-09-2011, 06:40 AM
Bobbie, that reminded me of Mack's comment when asked about how many of his recruits believe they will play in the NBA..."all of them!"

xu15
12-09-2011, 06:41 AM
Hope he's wrong about Cheekz:

http://fivestarbasketball.com/station-13/12-06-2011-myles-davis-recruiting-advice

He said it was a possibility, but look at it this way. If Cheeks leaves, it's because he was a monster all year, especially in the tourney, and we probably had a great year. I think and hope we will have him next year. Without him, our backcourt would still be very talented, but too young.

Cincypunk.org
12-09-2011, 07:18 AM
He said it was a possibility, but look at it this way. If Cheeks leaves, it's because he was a monster all year, especially in the tourney, and we probably had a great year. I think and hope we will have him next year. Without him, our backcourt would still be very talented, but too young.

What would our backcourt look like if Lyons leaves?

PG: Davis (Soph)
SG: Dez Wells (Soph)
SF: Justin Martin (Soph)
PF: Travis Taylor (Sr)
C: Jeff Robinson (Sr)

Bench:
PF: Isiah Philmore (Jr)
PG: Semaj Christon (Fr)
SG: Brad Redford (Sr)
SG: Myles Davis (Fr)
C: Griffin McKenzie (Jr)
C: Jalen Reynolds (Fr)
PF: James Farr (Fr)

Or is Semaj Christon good enough to start?
How good is Isiah Philmore?
Farr and Reynolds produce in the big man spots their frosh year? Seems like big men take a while to contribute.
Will McKenzie step up?

Who is the transfer from NKU? Erik Stenger? Is he good enough for a Andrew Taylor type role?

Losing Tu, Lyons, and Frease is enough to make me have an anxiety attack.

xu15
12-09-2011, 08:19 AM
What would our backcourt look like if Lyons leaves?

PG: Davis (Soph)
SG: Dez Wells (Soph)
SF: Justin Martin (Soph)
PF: Travis Taylor (Sr)
C: Jeff Robinson (Sr)

Bench:
PF: Isiah Philmore (Jr)
PG: Semaj Christon (Fr)
SG: Brad Redford (Sr)
SG: Myles Davis (Fr)
C: Griffin McKenzie (Jr)
C: Jalen Reynolds (Fr)
PF: James Farr (Fr)

Or is Semaj Christon good enough to start?
How good is Isiah Philmore?
Farr and Reynolds produce in the big man spots their frosh year? Seems like big men take a while to contribute.
Will McKenzie step up?

Who is the transfer from NKU? Erik Stenger? Is he good enough for a Andrew Taylor type role?

Losing Tu, Lyons, and Frease is enough to make me have an anxiety attack.

I would bet that its gonna be tough to keep Christon off the floor. I doubt Stenger would beat out Philmore or Reynolds, and maybe not Farr, for PT.

JimmyTwoTimes37
12-09-2011, 08:31 AM
Semaj is playing 'like a blue chipper' allegedly...

6'2/3, elite athleticism, elite quickness, NBA potential. I would imagine based on pure talent he could start.

Then again, Dee would have a year under his belt in the system. I guess we'll see

joe titan
12-09-2011, 08:44 AM
Erik Stenger is much better than ATay.::D:D:D

JimmyTwoTimes37
12-09-2011, 09:03 AM
Erik Stenger is much better than ATay.::D:D:D

Stenger is very good, especially at the offensive rebounding end. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he moved ahead of Griffin M on the depth chart

xu15
12-09-2011, 10:24 AM
Stenger is very good, especially at the offensive rebounding end. I wouldn't be surprised at all if he moved ahead of Griffin M on the depth chart

No offense, but I saw him play a few times for NKU. He may play ahead of McKenzie, because it seems like he just may not have it, but that doesn't mean he'll play.

JimmyTwoTimes37
12-09-2011, 11:06 AM
No offense, but I saw him play a few times for NKU. He may play ahead of McKenzie, because it seems like he just may not have it, but that doesn't mean he'll play.

I don't necessarily disagree with your statement on playing time. Reynolds, Farr, Robinson, Philmore, Taylor...That is some serious depth

But I think he's a lot better than people give him credit for. Byron Larkin thinks he will be a scholarship player when by the time he graduates(I don't think that will be the case, but it tells you how high the staff and the people close to practice are on him)

xu15
12-09-2011, 11:39 AM
I don't necessarily disagree with your statement on playing time. Reynolds, Farr, Robinson, Philmore, Taylor...That is some serious depth

But I think he's a lot better than people give him credit for. Byron Larkin thinks he will be a scholarship player when by the time he graduates(I don't think that will be the case, but it tells you how high the staff and the people close to practice are on him)

Maybe he has gotten a lot better, but last time I saw him play he wasn't terrribly big or gifted, and wasn't known for having extraordinary work ethic.

Xavier Nation
01-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Everyone check out my interview with Myles Davis at http://recruitsnationwide.com/?p=525. Hope you enjoy! He gave me awesome answers!

bobbiemcgee
01-22-2012, 12:19 PM
Nice piece. Will be great to have these guys on campus.

Xavier Nation
01-22-2012, 12:27 PM
Thanks. I love this recruiting class. I think they are going to do big things.

boozehound
01-22-2012, 01:12 PM
Thanks. I love this recruiting class. I think they are going to do big things.

Hopefully quickly, too. We are going to need it.

xavierj
01-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Can any of them post up and and be a reliable scorer on the block? If not then the class is not complete. I like Chris but he has yet to recruit a power forward or center that can be counted on to score when the team needs it most.

boozehound
01-22-2012, 01:27 PM
Can any of them post up and and be a reliable scorer on the block? If not then the class is not complete. I like Chris but he has yet to recruit a power forward or center that can be counted on to score when the team needs it most.

Jalen Reynolds should fit that bill. It remains to be seen how much (and how quickly) he develops though.

Xavier Nation
01-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Not going to lie. Xavier is going to need a big man, and I do not see any recruits that fit that bill. Next year, teams may eat X alive inside. But, still this recruiting class is filled with talent.

bigkatxu
01-22-2012, 02:00 PM
Honestly, I'd be happy with a front court player who could simply rebound the position. We don't have a guy outside Andre Walker doing that right now. Offensive numbers from Farr/Reynolds would be great but if they could provide quality rotational minutes at a high intensity, box out, and rebound it would be a vast improvement over what we have seen this year.

There is nothing more deflating then allowing teams to get 2 and 3 opportunities to score b/c your bigs simply cannot or will not box out.

XuFan4lif3
01-22-2012, 02:09 PM
I have fallowed these guys for 2-3 yrs now. Jalen has most NBA potential but 2yrs away from playing great basketball. I wouldn't expect much from him till end of Soph/JR yr. Myles davis is 1 of the best shooters out there. Will space out floor right away. He is faster then brad and can drive somewhat. Needs to work on speed a lil more but will be an improvement on brad. The one that will be great right off is S-christen. Has speed/great passing and can get to rim everytime but isn't a scorer. He drives and passes to a big man or 3pt shooter. He throws rockets and will be a great true 1 guard. Should start right away. Dez has set a table high and don't think any will be to his level but they fit what Xavier basketball stands for.

UCGRAD4X
01-22-2012, 02:37 PM
Myles davis. Needs to work on speed.

Not sure how much you can depend on this.

Hope JR is ready earlier with an extra year prep.

XuFan4lif3
01-22-2012, 03:06 PM
Only bad thing about the prep team he is on, there so stacked he don't play much. And davis speed is better then brad and he has worked on it since his jr yr. Good news for him is he will be behind mark which will give him a yr to see where his speed is. I think he will be a great 24+ min player after first yr. Giving 7-9ppg

GIMMFD
01-22-2012, 05:57 PM
He looks like a more athletic Brad Redford, I really like that. He can shoot it, and has a quick stroke.

Xavier Nation
01-22-2012, 10:20 PM
Only bad thing about the prep team he is on, there so stacked he don't play much. And davis speed is better then brad and he has worked on it since his jr yr. Good news for him is he will be behind mark which will give him a yr to see where his speed is. I think he will be a great 24+ min player after first yr. Giving 7-9ppg

Myles definitely gets a great deal of minutes at Notre Dame. More than I think you think.

UCGRAD4X
01-23-2012, 07:18 AM
Myles definitely gets a great deal of minutes at Notre Dame. More than I think you think.

I think XN was referring to a comment I made about Reynolds in that first remark about playing time - then about Davis for the rest.

nkymuskie
01-24-2012, 09:44 PM
Here's a new mix tape of a recent game of Davis' http://t.co/SO0kpFw4

He is a killer from outside and shows good athleticism. Definitively plays with some emotion too. Should help continue the tradition of Xavier guards with swagger.

bobbiemcgee
03-25-2012, 09:59 AM
He looked a little "gangsta" @ the end of this clip:

http://hoopdreamsmag.com/?p=186

GreatWhiteNorth
03-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Deadly rainbow shots......nothing but net.

smileyy
03-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Is he 6'3" or 6'1"?

muskienick
03-25-2012, 03:41 PM
He looked a little "gangsta" @ the end of this clip:

http://hoopdreamsmag.com/?p=186

He somewhat resembles Tu but in all the clips I've seen, he appears to be a better shooter than Holloway. It'll be interesting to see if he can drive the lane effectively.

xu15
03-25-2012, 04:10 PM
He somewhat resembles Tu but in all the clips I've seen, he appears to be a better shooter than Holloway. It'll be interesting to see if he can drive the lane effectively.

He's not the floor general or slasher that Tu is, but he's a better shooter.

ammtd34
04-20-2012, 11:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYSVPeIKZWo

ammtd34
04-20-2012, 11:52 AM
It looks like this is from an interview in December. This one was recently uploaded.

SixFig
05-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Youtube vid of Myles Davis, Chris Thomas and Semaj Christon

link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEjbqko_3Wc&feature=youtube_gdata_player)