PDA

View Full Version : Devin Williams

Juice
01-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Devin Williams has been on a few unofficial visits to Xavier. He goes to Withrow, which is obviously down the street from XU. He is getting interest mainly from midwestern schools right now.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/recruiting/player-Devin-Williams-107069

http://xavier.scout.com/a.z?s=442&p=8&c=1&nid=5279543

Masterofreality
10-01-2011, 03:29 PM
Williams was supposed to visit Wisconsin today, but cancelled.

Don't know what that means yet, but we'll keep the ear to the wall.

XUFan09
03-31-2012, 10:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niQbyHQP58o&feature=youtu.be

xu drew
04-12-2012, 03:25 PM
@MikeDyer: UCLA has offered 2013 Ohio Basketball Club (OH) forward Devin Williams.

xu15
04-12-2012, 03:54 PM
@MikeDyer: UCLA has offered 2013 Ohio Basketball Club (OH) forward Devin Williams.

Damn. We need to lock this kid up soon....

GIMMFD
04-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Damn. We need to lock this kid up soon....

Yeah we do, UCLA is looking a lot more appealing with Shabazz and company going there.. hopefully the kid wants to stay close to home, and represent the true team of Cincinnati.

PMI
04-12-2012, 04:13 PM
We've done just about everything we can with Williams. He knows he's our top priority. It's on him now. I still really like our chances but UCLA is certainly a sexy option.

XUFan09
04-12-2012, 04:35 PM
Yeah we do, UCLA is looking a lot more appealing with Shabazz and company going there.. hopefully the kid wants to stay close to home, and represent the true team of Cincinnati.

Hopefully he'll at least take into consideration that Shabazz and Anderson might be gone before he gets there, especially Shabazz.

Retire33
04-12-2012, 07:41 PM
This is the type of kid X can not let get off Dana Ave. IF this program believes they are at the level they acted like they are--this is a must to flex those muscles. Not that Yancy going to UC was a huge letdown; but at least we lost out to the "other" local school.

Top level CPS hoopsters don't come around too often; X must take advantage when they present themselves.

#BeatUC
05-01-2012, 10:11 PM
rumor has that within the few weeks except a commitment to xavier

GIMMFD
05-01-2012, 10:43 PM

That would be a great rumor if true! Hoping this pulls through, our 2013 class could be EPIC!

#BeatUC
05-01-2012, 10:52 PM
That would be a great rumor if true! Hoping this pulls through, our 2013 class could be EPIC!

it would be another great addition alongside chris thomas...

his top two choices are xavier and ucla

ucla has backed off over the weeks- i feel it may be due to proximity, while xavier has been pushing hard to get ohio native(mom wants him to stay close to home)

Juice
05-01-2012, 10:54 PM

Really?

And I say that for two reasons.
1) Because I'm interested in that rumor.
2) Except = Accept?

#BeatUC
05-01-2012, 10:56 PM
Really?

2) Except = Accept?
expect** yes, my bad. yeah the main two were us and ucla, but geographically ucla doesnt really work for him.

94GRAD
05-02-2012, 01:42 AM
Really?

2) Except = Accept?

accept yes, my bad. yeah the main two were us and ucla, but geographically ucla doesnt really work for him.

Expect?

More Cowbell
05-02-2012, 07:15 AM
Expect?

Quality Jesuit education

#BeatUC
05-02-2012, 07:31 AM
Quality Jesuit education

third times the charm

muskienick
05-02-2012, 08:07 AM
I'm happy to overlook a couple of minor grammatical goofs to receive rumors as exciting as this.

Keep them coming!

outsideobserver11
05-02-2012, 09:16 AM
I keep hearing he will be big ten bound when it is all said and done. I have a feeling it will end up being a case of he wants to go to Xavier but everyone else involved wants him to go "big time." So annoying when other people try to dictate a kids college choice.

PMI
05-02-2012, 10:10 AM
I keep hearing he will be big ten bound when it is all said and done. I have a feeling it will end up being a case of he wants to go to Xavier but everyone else involved wants him to go "big time." So annoying when other people try to dictate a kids college choice.

I believe what you're hearing is way off.

bobbiemcgee
05-02-2012, 10:25 AM
"Big time" how? So we can kick his butt in the NCAA's?

outsideobserver11
05-02-2012, 11:07 AM
That's why I put it in quotes. A lot of people involved with him keep saying he is bigger than Xavier, as if Xavier isn't a big time program.

outsideobserver11
05-02-2012, 11:08 AM
I believe what you're hearing is way off.

No way of backing that up. It's all about who knows who and who is connected with who, but at the end of the day, unless you are Devin Williams yourself nobody really knows with any certainty.

#BeatUC
05-02-2012, 05:51 PM
I'm happy to overlook a couple of minor grammatical goofs to receive rumors as exciting as this.

Keep them coming!

thanks man

unlikely he will go big ten just by the fact they weren't in his top 3 choices. things change tho. but with him liking the school a lot and his mom wanting him to stay close, xavier is not a for sure lock but high chance of getting him

outsideobserver11
05-03-2012, 08:57 AM
thanks man

unlikely he will go big ten just by the fact they weren't in his top 3 choices. things change tho. but with him liking the school a lot and his mom wanting him to stay close, xavier is not a for sure lock but high chance of getting him

It would be a great decision for him to stay home thats for sure. I don't have any connections close to him but I have a good one at a school that was recruiting him and he said Devin is being pushed hard by the people around him to other opportunities besides Xavier. Hopefully Ohio State doesn't get too involved.

PMI
05-03-2012, 12:30 PM
It would be a great decision for him to stay home thats for sure. I don't have any connections close to him but I have a good one at a school that was recruiting him and he said Devin is being pushed hard by the people around him to other opportunities besides Xavier. Hopefully Ohio State doesn't get too involved.

The point I think you're missing is how often we hear that reasoning, at some point, with players who eventually end up at Xavier. Xavier has as good a chance as anyone with Williams and sits in a better spot than any Big Ten school by every indication. He was at more Xavier home games than some Xtreme fans this year.

xufan02
06-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Devin is transfering out of Withrow. I'm not sure how this effects his recruitment.

http://cincyprephoopsreport.blogspot.com/

xunorm
06-07-2012, 08:50 PM
Seems like it puts a lot of our big targets all in one spot... just like our guys from this past class in the NE prep schools.

94GRAD
06-07-2012, 10:48 PM
From what i've been told, He's getting a lot of bad advice from his advisers!!! Not looking good for us.

xufan02
06-08-2012, 07:35 AM
From what i've been told, He's getting a lot of bad advice from his advisers!!! Not looking good for us.

Based on what I have heard, if Devin does not verbal before the live period he will not be a Musketeer. This transfer really puts his committment to Xavier in the not likely catagory.

outsideobserver11
06-08-2012, 09:27 AM
I tried to say a few weeks back he was getting bad advice and had people in his ear telling him he can go "bigger" than Xavier (whatever that means) and was flat out told i was wrong and didn't know what I was talking about. Florida just offered him days before he announced his transfer so that sure makes there recruitment easier. A kid from CJ in Dayton is also transferring with him to Montverde.

UCGRAD4X
06-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Apparently Justin Bibbs, the kid from DSJ is also being heavily recruited by Xavier, and it sounds like there are other players there worth pursuing. While overall I agree this does not increase our prospects of landing Williams - I also do not think it is as bleak as all that.

Maybe Devin will get homesick just enough, after a year away, and decide coming back to Cincinnati is best. Just sayin'!

Xman95
06-08-2012, 12:37 PM

DSR all over again. Of course I think we got the better end of that when the dust settled (Semaj).

XUmeat
07-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Williams shattered a backboard yesterday at LBJ skills camp. Saw the video on youtube yesterday, wasn't as exciting as I hoped since it was a missed dunk

GIMMFD
07-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Williams shattered a backboard yesterday at LBJ skills camp. Saw the video on youtube yesterday, wasn't as exciting as I hoped since it was a missed dunk

Wow, you have to have some power to do that, that's impressive!

xuphan
07-11-2012, 10:31 PM
I think it is time for us to move on

BSR TV: Four-star power forward Devin Williams called UCLA his "dream school" and said he'll likely visit in the fall.

Juice
07-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Update on Devin

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/recruiting/blog/eye-on-college-basketball-recruiting/19596104/devin-williams-continues-to-work-on-offensive-game

Williams, a 6-foot-8 power forward from Ohio, is headed to Montverde Academy (Fla.) next year. Beyond that, though, the big man is still uncommitted. Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Xavier, UCLA, USC, Louisville and Seton Hall are all in hot pursuit.

“All of those schools text me almost everyday,” Williams said.

He wants to visit Ohio State and Xavier before the school season starts in the fall.

Benxman
07-30-2012, 08:37 PM
Keep on working on him. He is a good one, but honestly there are better big men available and I think we can get one. Remember DSR and Semaj Christon. We wound up with the better player after being led around the 'Mulberry Bush' by DSR. Take a look at some of the power forwards X is involved with, and I think you will agree, we can and WILL do better.

GO CHRIS MACK!
&

GO MUSKIES!

:logo:

nkymuskie
09-20-2012, 10:11 PM
Via Jeff Borzello @jeffborzello

RT @MichaelDuncan12: Devin Williams final list: WVU, UCLA, Memphis, Ohio State, NC State. Official visits start next weekend.

That really hurts to not even make his final list. He's from 10 feet down the road.

XUFan09
09-20-2012, 10:18 PM
Via Jeff Borzello @jeffborzello

RT @MichaelDuncan12: Devin Williams final list: WVU, UCLA, Memphis, Ohio State, NC State. Official visits start next weekend.

That really hurts to not even make his final list. He's from 10 feet down the road.

That's why we won't be the destination for an *official* visit. We're still in the mix with him, but he's not going to waste one of his five official visits for a school he has spent more time at than any Xavier recruit in recent memory.

LA Muskie
09-20-2012, 10:46 PM
That's why we won't be the destination for an *official* visit. We're still in the mix with him, but he's not going to waste one of his five official visits for a school he has spent more time at than any Xavier recruit in recent memory.

No we're not. According to premium sources, that ship has now sailed...

gladdenguy
09-21-2012, 07:02 AM
We don't even make his final five.......for everybody saying things are okay......what a joke

Masterofreality
09-21-2012, 07:30 AM
We don't even make his final five.......for everybody saying things are okay......what a joke

Yeah, not like we have any bigs at all for next year.......or anything like that. #Stainbrook #Reynolds #Farr #Cantino #whoknowswhoelse

C'mon GG. Do you really think tweeting that "the program is a mess" at Dante Jackson is a good idea. Get off the cliff, man.

gladdenguy
09-21-2012, 07:49 AM
A mess is an understatement

paulxu
09-21-2012, 08:26 AM
Who was Mack out to see in Denver the other day?

A10fan
09-21-2012, 08:35 AM
Who was Mack out to see in Denver the other day?

Chris Thomas' grand parents

outsideobserver11
09-21-2012, 09:42 AM

It says in the tweet that those 5 schools are his final list, not the 5 schools he will be visiting. I said a while back that his "handlers" were getting into his head that he could go bigger than Xavier and it looks like they won out as I'm sure X was very high on his list at one point.

XUFan09
09-21-2012, 03:41 PM
It says in the tweet that those 5 schools are his final list, not the 5 schools he will be visiting. I said a while back that his "handlers" were getting into his head that he could go bigger than Xavier and it looks like they won out as I'm sure X was very high on his list at one point.

Yeah, I was going off of the information from the premium sites that was current until about 20 minutes after my post.

94GRAD
11-05-2012, 05:25 PM
Verbal to Huggy Bear

GIMMFD
11-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Verbal to Huggy Bear

That's not UCLA....