PDA

View Full Version : No Chris Wright for rematch with UD

dc_x
02-13-2008, 01:39 PM
On Chris Wright: Gregory doesn’t expect, at this point, Wright to return earlier than originally anticipated (8 weeks at most; it has already been just over 4 weeks to date).

That makes a return date of early March - right before the A-10 tournament.

link (http://collegechalktalk.com/)

Smails
02-13-2008, 01:57 PM
Well that stinks...I really want Wright to play against us. He needs to get a first hand sniff of the glove as well as a preview of what the next 3 miserable years have in store for him.

Drew's Crew
02-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Yeah I wish he could be back and then we destroy them by even more. It will be nice to go to their house and embarrass them again though. I am looking forward to it.

xufan22
02-13-2008, 02:47 PM
I wish Chris would be back for our rematch too because then no UD fans could cry about having injuries. We would crush them at UD Arena with Wright and everything would be perfect.

PM Thor
02-13-2008, 03:13 PM
Even if he was back for the game, he wouldn't be back up to speed yet, so there would be another excuse angle for them to use too.

American X
02-13-2008, 03:29 PM
I don't get it. How is a freshman who averages 10 & 6 the linchpin of the team?

Dayton is as deep as a mudpuddle.

AdamtheFlyer
02-13-2008, 03:56 PM
I don't get it. How is a freshman who averages 10 & 6 the linchpin of the team?

Dayton is as deep as a mudpuddle.

Wright's numbers are a bit skewed because he played sparingly in 5 or 6 games. He had more like a 16 and 10 impact for the games he was healthy. He even had a big impact in the Louisville game, and his numbers were rather ordinary.

With him on the floor, teams can't double and triple team Roberts like they are now. He's a unique and superior athlete that can get to the rim pretty much whenever he wants. Teams have to key on him on the boards, leaving Little, Johnson, and Huelsman more room to work on the offensive glass. The defense lagged off the 3 point line, leaving the shooters WIDe open for threes (see the Pitt game). Now we aren't getting any open 3 looks.

As of now, teams are harassing Roberts and guarding Johnson and Little close. Put Wright on the floor and the double teams disappear, and Roberts is given room to roam. He dominates with room to roam.

DC Muskie
02-13-2008, 04:06 PM
I would like Chris Wright healthy and expect him to be ready for Xavier. It's the biggest game of his career.

nuts4xu
02-13-2008, 05:29 PM
I don't care if he is healthy or not, as long as we beat them, all is good. As far as ud fans, when they lose to us, they cry about one thing or another. This game will be no different.

We will beat them, but it will be everybody else's fault, except Brian Gregory and his merry band of stiffs.

kyxu
02-13-2008, 05:58 PM
The defense lagged off the 3 point line, leaving the shooters WIDe open for threes (see the Pitt game). Now we aren't getting any open 3 looks.

Maybe it hasn't been the case in the other games, but I recall UD having a pantload of open looks from three at Xavier and just not connecting. Then again, having Wright down there to corral some of those off shots would make a big difference.

Cheesehead
02-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Jimmie Binnie is the answer! Oh, and more more cowbell!

XU Fan
02-13-2008, 10:43 PM
Jimmie Binnie is the answer! Oh, and more more cowbell!

If Dayton had a talented Jimmy Binnie they'd be unstoppable. Unfortunately for them they have a suck Jimmy Binnie, so they are stoppable. Very.

vee4xu
02-14-2008, 05:27 PM
Actually, it may be that Wright is getting 10 and 6 because Roberts is still there and the focus of every team's attention. With him gone next year and no one to step up into his role, Wright will get all of the attention. Then, we will see what he's made of.

Snipe
02-18-2008, 12:47 AM
Wright is a player. I expect him back right after our game. Gregory knows he is going to lose that game anyway, so best to write it off under the unbrella of the Wright injury.

I love owning Dayton. We are going to paste them to the wall of UD Arena.

Brian Gregory does just enough not to get fired every year. And we own him. He is my favorite Dayton coach of all time.

X-band '01
02-18-2008, 06:01 AM
I guess Saturday night's game helps keep the mystique alive that Gregory does just enough to not get fired.

Still, it would have been fun to introduce ex-Dayton coach Brian Gregory at halftime of our first A-10 quarterfinal game to present him with the Jim Phelan award (Midseason Coach of the Year).

DC Muskie
02-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Brian Gregory does just enough not to get fired every year. And we own him. He is my favorite Dayton coach of all time.

I have to say this is pretty funny, and I agree completely.

I still say Wright is back on Sunday. No way he misses that game. They will get a speech from the walk on, everyone will wear red, Chris Wright will be back in the House. The refs will be against them, Xavier gets gifts from God, "OH No we Lost Again!" Feeling will be all over the place.