PDA

View Full Version : Random Thought About Ghosts

Porkopolis
01-10-2011, 12:17 PM
I was reading a story about America's most haunted houses that, naturally, discussed the White House. Abraham Lincoln's ghost is sighted frequently. What I want to know is why no one ever claims to see the ghost of Millard Fillmore or Martin Van Buren. It is never some random dead president, always one of the dead presidents.

ballyhoohoo
01-10-2011, 12:24 PM
I was reading a story about America's most haunted houses that, naturally, discussed the White House. Abraham Lincoln's ghost is sighted frequently. What I want to know is why no one ever claims to see the ghost of Millard Fillmore or Martin Van Buren. It is never some random dead president, always one of the dead presidents.

i wonder what one would see Bill Clinton's ghost doing

link?

Muskie
01-10-2011, 12:27 PM

Van Buren's ghost is too laissez-faire to bother haunting a government owned building.

Porkopolis
01-10-2011, 12:27 PM
i wonder what one would see Bill Clinton's ghost doing

link?

Bill Clinton's Ghost could party with Eleanor Roosevelt and all her friends.

Here is the article I was reading; typical internet fluff, of course.

http://www.frontdoor.com/Buy/Americas-Scariest-Homes-Real-Life-Haunted-Houses/55931/p1

SixFig
01-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Some say Dante Jackson has become a ghost this season

X-band '01
01-10-2011, 01:26 PM
The Van Buren boys incite more fear than any ghost of his could.

Michigan Muskie
01-10-2011, 01:39 PM
The Van Buren boys incite more fear than any ghost of his could.

Only if you don't know the sign.

xnatic03
01-10-2011, 02:05 PM
They say James Buchanan's ghost is often followed by the sound of show tunes playing and a rainbow trail following him.
William Howard Taft's ghost cannot fit through any doors and is often seen stuck in the White House bathtub.

Jumpy
01-11-2011, 05:58 AM
One of my favorite Winston Churchill stories is about the time that he apparently ran into Lincoln's ghost in the White House. As the story goes, Churchill was a guest at the White House during the Great War and he was taking a late night bath. When he rushed from the bathroom to his bedroom in the buff, he saw Lincoln standing by the fireplace. Churchill, without missing a beat, says "good evening Mr. President, it seems you have me at a disadvantage". At that time, Lincoln looked away in embarrassment.