PDA

View Full Version : Xavier Jones (Class of 2010---JUCO 2012)

TheHoopSide1
12-16-2010, 11:05 PM
6'3" 210 Point Guard was Indiana All-State as a Junior, then transferred to Huber Heights, OH. He now currently attends Midland College, which came into the season #1 in the country(JUCO). He wasn't previously listed as "considering" Xavier, but was considering Dayton and Marquette. Would definitely be worth a look....

Grady

www.thehoopside.com
www.youtube.com/thehoopside1
www.twitter.com/thehoopside1

UnCaged
12-17-2010, 09:08 AM
I'm sure he's a good player and all, but if there was no interest prior from either party, I don't see X going in that direction. On top of that, he's a PG...we've got the guard position on lockdown with our incoming classes. Good luck to Dayton and Marquette I guess.

bobbiemcgee
12-17-2010, 09:52 AM
With a name like that, he might get stoned @ UD.

TheHoopSide1
12-28-2010, 02:04 PM
So with the DSR decommit, what's your stance on XJ now?
He is aso now listed at 6'4" 208.
His JUCO and Huber heights stats are not that impressive, but was a top rated recruit and as a junior was named to the all junior team and averaged 21 points and 5 assists as a junior for a solid program.

"Matt (Painter) called 'X' a really, really tough player, typical of Region kids that keeps bringing (Painter) up here to scout games," Boyd said. "He also said, 'Hey, he's a player. He's exceptional.' That's great to hear from a coach with his reputation."

The other programs actively recruiting Jones are UCLA, USC, DePaul, Indiana, Northern Iowa, Northwestern and Memphis (perhaps now Kentucky, too).

^^This was his Junior year, his senior year stats were unimpressive as I said before. And I don't know why he transferred other than Coach Boyd (formerly of Gary West Side) left to coach Michigan City

http://www.nwitimes.com/sports/high-school/article_f9c88d26-9de8-570d-8536-422ec3c670cf.html

bobbiemcgee
12-28-2010, 02:21 PM
He got snared in some hs elgibility flap and disappeared. Showed up @ Midland Juco but not playing that well.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/dayton-sports/high-school-sports/wayne-eager-for-season-of-success-1022567.html

Juice
12-28-2010, 02:32 PM
6'3" 210 Point Guard was Indiana All-State as a Junior, then transferred to Huber Heights, OH. He now currently attends Midland College, which came into the season #1 in the country(JUCO). He wasn't previously listed as "considering" Xavier, but was considering Dayton and Marquette. Would definitely be worth a look....

Grady

www.thehoopside.com
www.youtube.com/thehoopside1
www.twitter.com/thehoopside1

One of Marquette's PGs is transferring out so there may be a spot there.