PDA

View Full Version : Scout.com updated Class of 2013

SixFig
12-09-2010, 06:00 PM
List (http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2013)

Xavier Targets:

#3 Chris Thomas
#8 Austin Colbert
#23 Isaiah Hicks (commit other)
#25 Zak Irvin (commit other)
#29 Greg McClinton
#31 Anton Gill

SixFig
05-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Updated Again 5/12/11

Link (http://scouthoops.scout.com/a.z?s=75&p=9&c=4&cfg=bb&pid=88&yr=2013)

X.U. Targets:

#5 Chris Thomas
#15 Isiah Hicks (commit other)
#17 Nate Britt
#19 Austin Colbert
#28 Kennedy Meeks
#29 Greg McClinton
#41 Allerik Freeman
#43 Kendrick Nunn (commit other)
#48 Jaylon Tate

GoMuskies
05-12-2011, 01:33 PM
Why are we aiming so low these days? Why isn't #1 on our list?!?

xuwin
05-12-2011, 01:41 PM
Why are we aiming so low these days? Why isn't #1 on our list?!?

I would prefer not going after one and done players.

xu15
05-12-2011, 04:13 PM

I think he was kidding. Just a hunch.

UnCaged
05-13-2011, 12:40 PM
I think he was kidding. Just a hunch.

Same thing I was saying, didn't want to be the one to gang up on someone who might have missed internet sarcasm.

Although, Rasheen should target a few players whose names have many more syllables and additional consonants.

Juice
08-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Isiah Hicks committed to UNC

DC Muskie
08-08-2011, 08:22 PM

You would prefer not to have Jordan Crawford?

Backyard Champ
08-09-2011, 12:36 AM
You would prefer not to have Jordan Crawford?

Kind of different, actually not even the same at all. It's not like you would tell people Jordan Crawford was a one and done player would you?

DC Muskie
08-09-2011, 05:04 AM
Kind of different, actually not even the same at all. It's not like you would tell people Jordan Crawford was a one and done player would you?

How many seasons did he play for us? If I remember correctly it was one.

I want players who will help us win a national title. Talent usually helps in that matter.

Jumpy
08-09-2011, 05:31 AM
[QUOTE=DC Muskie;281781]How many seasons did he play for us? If I remember correctly it was one.

[QUOTE]

Two.

DC Muskie
08-09-2011, 05:37 AM
Two.

Do you have stats for that second year? I can't find any.

Thanks!

Jumpy
08-09-2011, 05:46 AM
He took up a scholarship for two years, so he was a member of the team for two years. Plus that one year in Indiana that you may have forgotten. So, he only left one year early, not a one and done as you suggest. It's ok though. I'm proud of you for even remembering his name in your advanced age. :D :logo:

DC Muskie
08-09-2011, 05:56 AM
He took up a scholarship for two years, so he was a member of the team for two years. Plus that one year in Indiana that you may have forgotten. So, he only left one year early, not a one and done as you suggest. It's ok though. I'm proud of you for even remembering his name in your advanced age. :D :logo:

I'm glad you admit he actually only played one year for us. Because that's really the point.

Anybody upset that we have Andre Walker? He's only going to play one year.

Or is it better to have guys who take up a scholarship but never play for the year?

This "one and done" concept is just a matter of semantics. All that matters is when they actually get on the court. The fact remains Jordan played, actually suited up in a uniform and played for Xavier, for one year. And it was a pretty good year.

Why anyone would not want a talent that like for one year, or even argue over what a certain player did, played or whatever before he actually played a game for Xavier is really silly, especially for people who are older than someone in advanced age.

Jumpy
08-09-2011, 06:04 AM
I'm glad you admit he actually only played one year for us. Because that's really the point.

Anybody upset that we have Andre Walker? He's only going to play one year.

Or is it better to have guys who take up a scholarship but never play for the year?

This "one and done" concept is just a matter of semantics. All that matters is when they actually get on the court. The fact remains Jordan played, actually suited up in a uniform and played for Xavier, for one year. And it was a pretty good year.

Why anyone would not want a talent that like for one year, or even argue over what a certain player did, played or whatever before he actually played a game for Xavier is really silly, especially for people who are older than someone in advanced age.

Maybe, but your "version" of a one and done is not the same as xuwin's. He's talking about a guy that is only biding his time until he is league eligible.

Either way, it's a moot point to me. I'd love to have someone the calibre of John Wall or, better yet, a guy like Carmelo to deliver a championship and then ride off into the sunset.

DC Muskie
08-09-2011, 06:08 AM
Maybe, but your "version" of a one and done is not the same as xuwin's. He's talking about a guy that is only biding his time until he is league eligible.

I'm not sure what win's version of one and done is, which is why I brought up Jordan. But I'm not sure what "biding his time until he is league eligible means, or why that might be a bad thing.

Either way, it's a moot point to me. I'd love to have someone the calibre of John Wall or, better yet, a guy like Carmelo to deliver a championship and then ride off into the sunset.

I completely agree, which is why I never understand these absolute statements by fans that they don't want one and done players. All that matters is they play for one year. What's the difference between a John Wall and Jordan Crawford? They both ended up playing for one year for their team before getting drafted.

Jumpy
08-09-2011, 06:12 AM
Oh DC, now you're just trying to start an argument where none exists. You're arguing semantics, as you yourself have already admitted, which means you've either spilled your Grape Nuts this morning or you're incontinent. Get your fiber and move on to a real debate.

DC Muskie
08-09-2011, 06:29 AM
Oh DC, now you're just trying to start an argument where none exists. You're arguing semantics, as you yourself have already admitted, which means you've either spilled your Grape Nuts this morning or you're incontinent. Get your fiber and move on to a real debate.

What's with your stupid assertion about age? What "real" debate do you think I should be involved in on the internet machine...if one exists?

Yes, when someone says they do not want a player who is just going to play for us for one year, I will comment. I don't eat Grape nuts, nor did I fall and now I can't get up. I get enough fiber. Not sure how fiber fits into this conversation, other than you making sure you get in another stupid age comment.

I didn't start an argument. You responded to me. I'm not sure how I started it. I didn't come looking for comments you made and begin some argument. I'm just pointing out, who the hell cares what players do after they play for us for one year. Especially if they are talented enough to play professionally.

It's not hard to point out the semantics. What's wrong with pointing out the meaning of one and done can come from many different directions, but at the end of the day, all that matters is the player steps out on the court during a game for Xavier for one year.

I'm not sure xuwin understands the idea of players playing one year. I made a comment. You responded and then told me I'm the one arguing something that is nonexistent. I'm not talking to myself. At least I don't think I am.

John Wall, Jordan Crawford, Andre Walker. All players who will play one season for their team and then will be done.

Jumpy
08-09-2011, 06:46 AM
What's with your stupid assertion about age? What "real" debate do you think I should be involved in on the internet machine...if one exists?

Yes, when someone says they do not want a player who is just going to play for us for one year, I will comment. I don't eat Grape nuts, nor did I fall and now I can't get up. I get enough fiber. Not sure how fiber fits into this conversation, other than you making sure you get in another stupid age comment.

I didn't start an argument. You responded to me. I'm not sure how I started it. I didn't come looking for comments you made and begin some argument. I'm just pointing out, who the hell cares what players do after they play for us for one year. Especially if they are talented enough to play professionally.

It's not hard to point out the semantics. What's wrong with pointing out the meaning of one and done can come from many different directions, but at the end of the day, all that matters is the player steps out on the court during a game for Xavier for one year.

I'm not sure xuwin understands the idea of players playing one year. I made a comment. You responded and then told me I'm the one arguing something that is nonexistent. I'm not talking to myself. At least I don't think I am.

John Wall, Jordan Crawford, Andre Walker. All players who will play one season for their team and then will be done.

Come on DC, you know what happens when you get your blood pressure up. Deep breaths, buddy.

I made a smartass reply to your smartass question directed to an earlier post. Stop acting innocent in this. Let's just leave it at that and you can stop taxing your pace maker so much.

DC Muskie
08-09-2011, 07:18 AM
Come on DC, you know what happens when you get your blood pressure up. Deep breaths, buddy.

I made a smartass reply to your smartass question directed to an earlier post. Stop acting innocent in this. Let's just leave it at that and you can stop taxing your pace maker so much.

Again, with the stupid age comments.

How about you stop worrying about me and go be an asshole somewhere else?

Backyard Champ
08-09-2011, 04:30 PM

This is a joke right? Sure they played one season with their team and then will be done, but no one calls 5th year transfer seniors one in done, the same way they would call John Wall one and done.

To even compare Jordan Crawford to a one and done player is just dumb, one and done doesn't mean "one year with the team, then done" it means one year in college, and then done. Everyone is aware of that. Hell, I would never call someone who is in college basketball for more than one year to be a one and done player.

I have no issue with one and done players, I would love Xavier to get some of them, I just have an issue with saying Jordan Crawford was a one and done player. It's not even close to being true.

DC Muskie
08-10-2011, 08:17 AM
What the hell is difference what you call a player who plays for your team for one year?

I'm not sure how this is so impossible to comprehend.

Is there some rule in basketball that you MUST refer to a one and done player as someone who comes directly from high school, then goes off to the NBA? And if so, who came up with this rule? How was it decided?

If you and Jumpy don't care about one and done players, then leave it at that. Not sure why you guys want to continue to bring up some made up description of a player's tenure.

Who gives a shit? Jordan played one year. That's all. There really is no difference in terms of actually playing a game for Xavier then your made up definition of a player like John Wall.

You want to keep banging your head against the wall about what the made up definition of one and done is, then please be my guest.

All I did was reply to a comment by someone who didn't want a player who would play one year for Xavier. I mentioned Crawford, who was probably the best player to suit up for us for one year. It was just a different way of looking at something I considered and you agree, would be great for Xavier. Talented players who if they only stay one year, then so be it.

Now unless you want to make sure I fully and completely agree with your definition of one and done, I consider my participation on this thread done.

smileyy
08-10-2011, 08:48 AM
It generally refers to the players who would have entered the NBA draft out of high school, were they eligible. Players who were recruited with the expectation that they would only stay one year.

Backyard Champ
08-10-2011, 01:21 PM
Who gives a shit? Jordan played one year. That's all. There really is no difference in terms of actually playing a game for Xavier then your made up definition of a player like John Wall.

Not really true, considering he had a year of practice with the team before he played his one year with the team. Some people don't want one and done players because it ruins team chemistry, or it takes a while for a player to learn a system, not the case with Crawford as he had a year of learning the system. So that's actually a big difference when you think about it. He also had a year of college basketball before that so he understood the pace of the game and what he needed to do to improve.

Regardless, your not going to change your opinion on what a true one and done player is, even though it's completely different from anyone else s who watches college basketball.

XUFan09
08-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Not really true, considering he had a year of practice with the team before he played his one year with the team. Some people don't want one and done players because it ruins team chemistry, or it takes a while for a player to learn a system, not the case with Crawford as he had a year of learning the system. So that's actually a big difference when you think about it. He also had a year of college basketball before that so he understood the pace of the game and what he needed to do to improve.

Regardless, your not going to change your opinion on what a true one and done player is, even though it's completely different from anyone else s who watches college basketball.

In addition, I'm sure the 2008-2009 team significantly benefited from playing against him in all their practices. I'm guessing B.J. Raymond, C.J. Anderson, and Dante Jackson all had to guard him at different points.

SixFig
08-10-2011, 03:32 PM
Why are we arguing semantics?

BandAid
08-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Why are we arguing semantics?

Cause there's nothing else going on?

DC Muskie
08-11-2011, 12:18 PM

Did you watch the season in which Jordan played? And if you actually did, you'll remember the difficulties the team and especially Jordan had when he actually played in a game. Oh and the fact that Jordan had to play under a new head coach...so what exactly did that year of practice help?

Also on your last point there are plenty of people who like to refer to our program as a mid major and there always seem to be an argument from Xavier fans thoughts on that manner then anyone else who watches college basketball.

But good overall non points you made there.

Backyard Champ
08-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Did you watch the season in which Jordan played? And if you actually did, you'll remember the difficulties the team and especially Jordan had when he actually played in a game. Oh and the fact that Jordan had to play under a new head coach...so what exactly did that year of practice help?

So you don't think that Jordan Crawford playing a year of college basketball, then sitting out a year and practicing all year, helped him? No advantage getting to see what the pace of college basketball was like, then improve his game because of it? You don't honestly label him as a one and done player do you?

You just used a poor example of Jordan Crawford when telling other Xavier fans why one and done players would be a good thing for Xavier, and now your trying to back that up. One and done players would be good for Xavier, but JC was not a one and done player, nice try though.

DC Muskie
08-11-2011, 03:40 PM
nice try though.

Okay _LH. Thanks.

I'm not sure where you get the notion of the "pace of the game" crap from. I'm not sure how that worked when Jordan and our team struggled offensively at the beginning of the season.

All I care about is he played for us one year. That is simply a fact. Use whatever goddamn term you want. Jesus Christ people, it's really not that hard of a concept to understand.

It's really funny how you hold onto this term, "NO DC MUSKIE, no you are not using the term correctly! Jordan wasn't one and done, he got to sit in on practice and learn the pace of the game!"

Here are some definitions of one and done from urban dictionary:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=one%20and%20done

Do you still want to tell me how I'm using the term incorrectly? Do you somehow think I really give a shit what you have to say about it?

GoMuskies
08-11-2011, 04:08 PM
I do not consider Jordan Crawford a one and done player, and I'm pretty sure most college basketball fans take one and done to mean a guy who plays one TOTAL season of college basketball and then goes to the NBA (or at least enters the draft). But DC's responses are funny, so points are awarded.

Backyard Champ
08-11-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm not sure where you get the notion of the "pace of the game"

That explains a lot.

PMI
08-11-2011, 05:14 PM
This thread had an attractive title but upon reading it, it's surprisingly awful.

DC Muskie
08-11-2011, 05:19 PM
This thread had an attractive title but upon reading it, it's surprisingly awful.

Well when you go from making the point that Jordan Crawford played one year to this:

No advantage getting to see what the pace of college basketball was like, then improve his game because of it? You don't honestly label him as a one and done player do you?

That's how this thread gets awful. Forget the original point, let's talk about pace of the game and unofficial made up terms!

Backyard Champ
08-11-2011, 07:01 PM
Well when you go from making the point that Jordan Crawford played one year to this:

Man, you just can't get over the fact that Jordan Crawford isn't a one and done player like you said he was, and it was a terrible example. It's hard for me to understand how you don't see Jordan Crawfords experience at Indiana as an advantage over an incoming freshman player. Then again, you don't know what a one and done player is, so it shouldn't be too surprising you can't see the advantage.

DC Muskie
08-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Man, you just can't get over the fact that Jordan Crawford isn't a one and done player like you said he was, and it was a terrible example. It's hard for me to understand how you don't see Jordan Crawfords experience at Indiana as an advantage over an incoming freshman player. Then again, you don't know what a one and done player is, so it shouldn't be too surprising you can't see the advantage.

What does this have to do with anything I have said? What does Crawford's time at Indiana have anything to do with playing for us for one year? Other than you keep bringing it up for some stupid reason.

I don't know how else I can say it. I don't care whatever term you use to describe a player that only plays for a school for one year. I really don't. Do you understand that?

I. Don't. Care.

I made a comment about perspective of guys who play for us for one year and you want to make sure I understand some advantage Jordan had because he played at Indiana.

You understand Jordan played for us for one year right? You can understand that simple fact. He suited up in jersey that had the number 55 on it and scored, played some defense and led us deep into the tournament. Wouldn't you say that a player with your definition of a one and done would have had the same impact? If so, then what the hell is the difference?

That was point. Now you are still coming at me like I punched you in the face or broke the stated rules of Monopoly or something.

It's not like I used Justin Cage or Drew Lavender as an example. I used a guy who played for us for one year and left.

You say that is a terrible example. Why? Because Jordan got to learn the pace of the game before he played for us. Awesome. That still doesn't change the fact he played for us for one year.

One year. One being the important word in that two word sentence.

Do you want to keep going? Do you want to make sure I understand that Jordan needed to learn how to check in and out of games? Or how many songs he needed to put on his i pod for long road trips?

I don't care if a guy is 35 or 18 and only plays for us for one year. He has the same effect on the team for that year and beyond.

Backyard Champ
08-11-2011, 08:17 PM
What's the difference between a John Wall and Jordan Crawford? .

I was simply explaining the difference between John Wall and Jordan Crawford, that's why I kept bringing up Indiana, and sitting out a year after having a year of experience. Pretty big difference than John Wall's experience, don't you think?

Backyard Champ
08-11-2011, 08:19 PM
You say that is a terrible example. Why? Because Jordan got to learn the pace of the game before he played for us. Awesome. That still doesn't change the fact he played for us for one year.

It's a terrible example because true one and done players don't get that experience, huge difference. You understand that, don't you?

DC Muskie
08-11-2011, 08:31 PM
Dude, you win. You are the Backyard Champ. I'm not going to keep explaining it. Pat yourself on the back, you beat me. Tell all your friends in the one and done definition club you belong to that you have championed the cause.

Because nothing I say seems to get through over the fact that Jordan played one year.

I'm done. Congrats.

MuskiePimp23
08-11-2011, 09:17 PM
dude, you win. You are the backyard champ. I'm not going to keep explaining it. Pat yourself on the back, you beat me. Tell all your friends in the one and done definition club you belong to that you have championed the cause.

Because nothing i say seems to get through over the fact that jordan played one year.

I'm done. Congrats.

I don"t know what we're yelling about...loud noises.

Backyard Champ
08-12-2011, 02:59 AM
Dude, you win. You are the Backyard Champ. I'm not going to keep explaining it. Pat yourself on the back, you beat me. Tell all your friends in the one and done definition club you belong to that you have championed the cause.

Because nothing I say seems to get through over the fact that Jordan played one year.

I'm done. Congrats.

Honestly, we are both Xavier fans so it's legit, but I Just want you to understand that there is a huge difference between a one and done player, and someone like Jordan Crawford. That's all I was getting at. You called him a one and done player, and he isn't. Well, maybe he is according to your definition, but everyone else who watches college basketball would disagree.

He played one year at Xavier, but he was in college basketball for three years.

xu95
08-12-2011, 08:10 AM
How are those 2013 recruits looking?

xu95

xu15
08-12-2011, 11:27 AM
How are those 2013 recruits looking?

xu95

Our highest rated target is Chris Thomas, but its looking like he's leaning hard towards Zona. We're after some other pretty high level wings and a few guards. Not sure what our chances are with them though.

PMI
08-12-2011, 06:13 PM
Not that I wouldn't take Chris Thomas in a heartbeat, and I get he's ranked in everyone's Top 10, but I have a lot of questions about him and there other 2013 guys I'd take over him.

XUFan09
08-13-2011, 09:51 AM
Not that I wouldn't take Chris Thomas in a heartbeat, and I get he's ranked in everyone's Top 10, but I have a lot of questions about him and there other 2013 guys I'd take over him.

Very talented, possibly a one-and-done or two-and-done, but yeah, he apparently has both attitude and academic issues.

MADXSTER
08-13-2011, 12:21 PM
I too would take a pass on Thomas.

XUFan09
08-13-2011, 12:43 PM
I too would take a pass on Thomas.

If he shapes up (I mean, he is still just a kid), I'd love to have him. I'm guessing/hoping the coaching staff only would take a commitment from him under those conditions. Apparently, Arizona is holding off for similar reasons, to see what happens with him. That's at least what a few guys on the Rivals national board say.

PMI
08-13-2011, 03:47 PM
Yea, it's not that we haven't taken chances on kids with issues before (and have seen many of them work out) but based on a lot of what I've read online, and heard in the circles around here (he used to play in PG County) I'm not going to be sorry to see him go somewhere else. He's as talented a guard as there is in the class for sure, but he can get frustrated easily when things aren't going his way and I just don't get the sense that he is the kind of piece you win championships with, even though he will probably make it to the NBA. Again, I don't know the kid or anyone who does know him, but based on rumblings and readings, he reminds me very much of a kid I used to know who at one point was the 2nd ranked player nationally in our class. He bounced around high schools, committed to Calipari at Memphis at one point, and ended up never playing college basketball altogether. I'm not saying Thomas' road is going to be that bumpy, but I prefer to take one of the several other guards who, albeit are less heralded than Thomas, show a lot of promise in all regards.

I hope Thomas proves me wrong and has a stellar basketball career. I don't mean to dog the guy, but there is just too much noise for me to feel comfortable.

xuphan
08-21-2011, 07:47 PM
http://heardthisblog.com/?p=679

SixFig
08-21-2011, 10:41 PM
Updated 8/21/11

#10 Chris Thomas
#15 Kennedy Meeks
#18 Nate Britt
#19 Allerik Freeman
#32 Austin Colbert
#37 Byron Zeigler
#39 Greg McClinton
#50 Monte Morris
#60 Stanley Robinson
#64 Brandon Austin
#68 Josh Hart
#69 Malcolm Hill
#71 Will Ferguson
#78 VJ Beacham
#81 Jaylon Tate
#82 Jordan Washington
#84 Demetrius Jackson
#97 Devin Williams
#98 Tony Farmer

Assuming X stays one over for the class of 2012, there will be 3 schollies available for 2013 (Lyons, Redford, Jeff Robinson, Travis Taylor).

I assume the focus will be SG, SF, and PF...filling in the gaps between Semaj Wells and Sim)

XUFan09
08-21-2011, 11:43 PM
They'll be 3 over for 2013 if one of the schollies for the 2012 class comes from Lyons, Redford, Robinson, or Taylor. If it doesn't, they'll be four over for 2013.