PDA

View Full Version : G'town/Nova

SpeX
02-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Anyone else see that ending? Worst call I have EVER seen! Unbelievable.

An X Fan
02-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Maybe A-10 refs had a free night and the Big East was in a pinch. Yeah, that was an embarrasing call. Good for Sean McDonough (SP?) for outright saying that the call was a joke and made for a terrible ending to a good game.

On another front, I wouldn't mind a match-up with 2 seed Georgetown. They are a well coached team, but I think they have serious offensive issues.

AviatorX
02-11-2008, 08:22 PM
No idea how I would feel or react if the Muskies ever got hosed that bad. (That might have been worse than the no intentional call on Oden last year)

PM Thor
02-11-2008, 08:24 PM
GTown wins 55-53 vs Nova.

If you ever want to see an example of where a ref makes the decision to influence a game, this is the best example you will ever see. Game tied, Nova has the ball, makes a bad play with 2 seconds left underneath the Hoya basket. The GTown player gets the ball and starts up court, then the ref calls a foul with .1 left on the clock on a completely horrible, horrible call. If you get to see the call, I simply cannot see what the ref was calling.

It was probably the worst call at the worst time that I have seen in the past ten years. If I was a Nova fan, I would be very, very upset. They got jobbed.

D-West & PO-Z
02-11-2008, 10:39 PM
GTown wins 55-53 vs Nova.

If you ever want to see an example of where a ref makes the decision to influence a game, this is the best example you will ever see. Game tied, Nova has the ball, makes a bad play with 2 seconds left underneath the Hoya basket. The GTown player gets the ball and starts up court, then the ref calls a foul with .1 left on the clock on a completely horrible, horrible call. If you get to see the call, I simply cannot see what the ref was calling.

It was probably the worst call at the worst time that I have seen in the past ten years. If I was a Nova fan, I would be very, very upset. They got jobbed.

I can see what the ref was calling, there was definitely a hip check, but it was little and insignificant for the end of the game. You dont call that there in that situation, no way. But with 12 mins left in the game, I think the ref makes that same call and no one has a problem with it.

Muskie73
02-11-2008, 10:55 PM
From whqt I could see the zebra was behind the play and called what he thought was happening. Hell, I've been bumped harder walking through the shopping mall.

JAPER
02-12-2008, 01:06 PM
On another front, I wouldn't mind a match-up with 2 seed Georgetown. They are a well coached team, but I think they have serious offensive issues.

Dont want to play Georgetown. Former XU asst Kenya Hunter is there now and would have the inside info on all X players. Briefly spoke with him after the X-GW game as he was present to cheer on the Muskies in DC.

Lamont Sanford
02-12-2008, 01:18 PM
From whqt I could see the zebra was behind the play and called what he thought was happening. Hell, I've been bumped harder walking through the shopping mall.

Did anyone else notice that the ref who made the awful call at the end of the G-Town/VU game was also part of the lousy crew that did the X/SJU game on Sunday? His name is Robert Donato. Looks like he was consistantly bad in two straight games. Way to go Robert!

Stonebreaker
02-12-2008, 01:40 PM
I thought there was a foul, albeit one that should not have been called, given that it was immaterial to the outcome of the game. Well....until the ref called it.
I just watched the '85 championship game of GT/Nova, and at the end of the game....there were a bunch of GT transgressions that should have been called...travelling, charges, delay of game, fouls...etc. A shame that the refs called a great game, then did everything in their power to allow GT to remain in the game. Just awful.

XUglow
02-12-2008, 02:19 PM
I saw some simple test survey results one time. After watching a game, people were asked if the refs were bad. I don't remember the exact numbers, but it went like this...

If their team lost, most people thought the refs were bad.
If their team won, some people thought the refs were bad.
If they had no team in the game, almost no one thought the refs were bad.