PDA

View Full Version : Visiting The Campus

Echoshill
11-27-2010, 11:34 AM
Good afternoon folks,

I want to ask this question with complete respect intended, so please do your best to take it that way.

My wife and I have never been to the Xavier campus. Been to UC, a lot, which is what is making me ask this question. It is admittedly not the safest place to be late after a game.

So, how is the Xavier campus for parking and mens basketball games? Is most of the parking for non-season ticket holders at the arena? Is the area safe after dark?

Thank you so much for reading this and helping me.

Mark
Columbus

xuab
11-27-2010, 01:36 PM
I've never had any problems and I go to every game. If I were you, I'd park in the lot off of Montgomery near the Captain D's. You have to park a bit farther back if you don't have a pass, but your walk is directly through parking lots leading straight to Cintas. There will be plenty of people and I have never felt unsafe there.

Another note- you may have more people see this thread if you post it in the basketball forum. I don't know if many people look in this forum.

coasterville95
11-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Welcome to the cintas center. You'll find we are quite a friendly lot on game days. I'm still partial to parking lot A which is free, has a gravel walkway directly to the arena, and is popular enough where you aren't alone.

If you intend to walk around campus do it before the game. I've never felt unsafe on campus itself but the surrounding areas can be shady.

Doors open 90 minutes before tip, parking is free, and if you take the notion you can visit our little athletics museum on the west concourse. Free with game admission.

Echoshill
11-27-2010, 05:40 PM
Hey guys,

I am guessing you will get this when you get home form the game.

First, thank you so much for taking the time to answer. Really hospitable of you all. It sounds like so long as I park in one of the campus lots I should be ok, correct?

Second, as for which forum to post this in, I honestly had no idea. I thought about putting it under basketball, but since it really was not basketball related (directly), I was afraid the admins would bounce me. And on my first post no less. That would suck. Admins..if you feel like this would be better somewhere else, please feel free to move it.

Third, I am glad to hear the "friendliness" of the fans at the games. By way of comparison, Cinci tends to be ok until the alcohol takes over. And since my wife and I do not drink, it gets a little weird.

Echoshill
11-27-2010, 05:41 PM
I've never had any problems and I go to every game. If I were you, I'd park in the lot off of Montgomery near the Captain D's. You have to park a bit farther back if you don't have a pass, but your walk is directly through parking lots leading straight to Cintas. There will be plenty of people and I have never felt unsafe there.

Is that the E lot?

coasterville95
11-27-2010, 09:18 PM
Yes, the lot by Captain D's is the one identified on the map as E, you walk from that lot through c5/c6 and then there is a nice new paved walkway to lot c2 which you walk through to get to the east entrance of Cintas.

waggy
11-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Thread will get more views and comments in the Mall. Welcome Echos.

Echoshill
11-27-2010, 09:25 PM
Understood. The mall it is. Especially if I have more questions.

Thanks again everyone.

waggy
11-27-2010, 09:27 PM
I think I am good for now. If I have more questions I will drop them there.

I moved it...