PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Win: Xavier or Bellarmine?

Muskie
11-05-2010, 08:56 AM
http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/images/logos/150/xu.gif

Who will win the second exhibition game of the season?

Titanxman04
11-05-2010, 09:01 AM
Well, not like it'll count against us in the end, but Xavier should win this thing.

However, we'll have a short roster tomorrow night, and furthermore, Bellermine is something like, fifth in Division II? I think a lot of these higher tier D-II teams could play in D-I and compete pretty easily. Findley gave Dayton a game (and us, if I remember too)... not too mention BEAT Ohio State a few years ago.

Don't get me wrong, I think we'll win by double figures...but I won't be surprised if its close. Then again, I would love it to be forty points in our favor and have Hughes and Mazza and the lot coming in and getting extended minutes too.

American X
11-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Better Jesuit - Francis Xavier or Robert Bellarmine?

Why is a non-Jesuit institution named after a Jesuit?

Xpectations
11-05-2010, 10:26 AM

Why is a non-Jesuit institution named after a Jesuit?

LOVE the new avatar!

SixFig
11-05-2010, 01:20 PM
OK who voted for Bellarmine?

Seriously there are so many people jumping off the USS Xavier it's not even funny.

coasterville95
11-05-2010, 01:59 PM
If I had to guess, I would say the person who started the "Is a loss to Bellarmine OK" thread.

AND I would be wrong.

Helpful hint: go up to the poll results on the top of the page, and click on the numbers in the vote count column. It will reveal exactly who voted each way.

Moral: This is NOT a secret ballot.

sweet16
11-05-2010, 04:46 PM
If I had to guess, I would say the person who started the "Is a loss to Bellarmine OK" thread.

That KRQ is a real whackjob isn't he......

waggy
11-07-2010, 01:25 AM
That KRQ is a real whackjob isn't he......

And the only one to call it.

sweet16
11-07-2010, 07:43 AM
And the only one to call it.

I think you missed the sarcasm

BandAid
11-07-2010, 08:14 AM

Tough question, and honestly a pretty pointless question since they have both reached Sainthood. But I'll answer it anyway...we are comparing a missionary (and papal nuncio) to a cardinal. Francis Xavier baptized and converted thousands of people. Bellarmine was vital during the Counter-Reformation and was such a prolific apologist that even kings engaged him. People claim that Xavier baptized infants without the mother's consent. And people claim Bellarmine was the main culprit in the Galileo controversy. Both those claims are questionable as Xavier baptized the children that were near death and Bellarmine was more sympathetic to Galileo than even most scientists were. St Francis Xavier's body was incorrupted for hundreds of years despite being buried in lime. St Robert Bellarmine is recognized as a Doctor of the Church.

I'm biased...I'm going with St. Francis Xavier...but once again, this doesn't really matter since they are both recognized as Saints.

waggy
11-07-2010, 10:14 AM
I think you missed the sarcasm

I think I was agreeing with you..

sweet16
11-07-2010, 02:50 PM
I think I was agreeing with you..

Then I have to say it again.......if you're agreeing with me, you missed the sarcasm.

waggy
11-07-2010, 03:44 PM
:D It's clear my point went way over your head.

sweet16
11-07-2010, 03:54 PM
:D It's clear my point went way over your head.

Then, by all means, please elaborate and tell me what your point is...........I'm still pretty sure you missed mine but give it a shot anyway.

waggy
11-07-2010, 04:04 PM
My only point, going back to my first post, was that Q calling Bellarmine was pretty amazing. So now, since this has become such a big production, regale me with your deep thoughts.

waggy
11-24-2010, 05:30 PM
Then, by all means, please elaborate and tell me what your point is...........I'm still pretty sure you missed mine but give it a shot anyway.

My only point, going back to my first post, was that Q calling Bellarmine was pretty amazing. So now, since this has become such a big production, regale me with your deep thoughts.

I'm still waiting for you to regale me. Looking forward to the smoke afterwards.

sweet16
11-24-2010, 07:49 PM
I'm still waiting for you to regale me. Looking forward to the smoke afterwards.

Well if you must know.........I suggested that you missed my original point and failed to pick up on the sarcasm. You insisted that wasn't the case and, when pressed, stated that Q picking Bellarmine was amazing and that must have been my point. That wasn't my point at all. There were a few posters who were questioning who would pick Bellarmine and offering that voting was not a secret ballot.........suggesting that whomever voted for Bellarmine would be exposed as some kind of a nut. To the contrary, Q is probably one of the more respected posters on this board rarely if ever becomes engaged in personal confrontations, and never appears to have any hidden agendas. I didn't think someone lecturing him on "be careful how you vote" was in good judgement. Now "looking forward to the smoke afterwards"...........what the hell does that mean?

waggy
11-24-2010, 07:52 PM
Now "looking forward to the smoke afterwards"...........what the hell does that mean?

With your attitude I'm not surprised you don't know. The only question is whether it's a cause or an effect..

sweet16
11-24-2010, 08:02 PM
With your attitude I'm not surprised you don't know. The only question is whether it's a cause or an effect..

I think we can agree that you missed my original point....right? Now if you go back and read the thread you'll note that I simply said you missed my point whereas you said that your point went over my head. I would think that most would consider your attitude to be a bit more abrasive. And I have to ask again what does the above mean?

waggy
11-24-2010, 08:05 PM
LOL. How could I possibly be abrasive if you don't know what I'm talking about??

Titanxman04
11-24-2010, 08:08 PM
LOL. How could I possibly be abrasive if you don't know what I'm talking about??

Shook his hand once... His palm is the roughest material on the planet. Gotta feel bad for the guy when he was young and learned how to lock the bathroom door. :D

sweet16
11-24-2010, 08:34 PM

What? That doesn't make any sense at all.