PDA

View Full Version : This year's A-10 tourney is going to be a good one

XUOWNSUC
02-10-2008, 08:08 PM
I'm really looking forward to the A-10 tournament this year. I'd say half of the teams in this league have a legitimate shot to win the league title. Although I fully expect Xavier to win it, I wouldn't be surprised if St. Joes, URI, UMass, or Charlotte win the championship. And you never know - Temple, Duquesne, and Richmond have been playing well and could make a run. It's a shame Cincinnati didn't support the tournament very well when it was here - if we did, this tournament could have been here.

cinskyline
02-10-2008, 09:01 PM
It's going to be great. I'll be jealous of anyone who gets to go this year. Any one of 8 teams could potentially walk away with the title.

dc_x
02-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Usually the A-10 tourney doesn't get exciting until the semis on Friday. But this year the quarterfinal games will be wars, too.

XUOWNSUC
02-17-2008, 07:47 PM
There are now 10 teams in the conference with a record between 6-4 and 4-6. Crazy year. Should make for a crazy tourney too.

Snipe
02-18-2008, 12:41 AM
Copied from the A-10 Board (credit poster Lari Ketner)

If the A-10 Tournament Started today, these are the seeds:

TOURNAMENT SCHEDULE
Wednesday, March 12
#8 Dayton vs. #9 St. Louis - noon EST
#5 Richmond vs. #12 Fordham - 2:30 p.m. EST
#7 Charlotte vs. #10 UMass - 6:30 p.m. EST
#6 Duquesne vs. #11 La Salle - 9 p.m. EST
Thursday, March 13
#1 Xavier vs. Dayton/St. Louis - 12 p.m. EST
#4 Rhode Island vs. Richmond/Fordham - 2:30 p.m. EST
#2 St. Joseph's vs. Charlotte/UMass - 6:30 p.m. EST
#3 Temple vs. Duquesne/La Salle - 9 p.m. EST
Friday, March 14
Xavier/Dayton/St. Louis vs. Rhody/Richmond/Fordham - 6:30 p.m. EST
St. Joe's/Charlotte/UMass vs. Temple/Duquesne/La Salle - 9 p.m. EST
Saturday, March 15
Championship game - 6 p.m.

SEEDS & REMAINING SCHEDULES
1. Xavier (9-1) - @ URI, v. DUQ, @ DAY, v. GW, @ SJU, v. RICH
2. St. Joseph's (7-3) - v. LAS, @ URI, v. STL, v. TU, v. XU, @ DAY
3. Temple (6-4) * - @ SBU, v. FU, v. CHA, @ SJU, v. DUQ, @ LAS
4. Rhode Island (6-4) ** - v. XU, v. UM, v. SJU, @ GW, @ LAS, v. CHA
5. Richmond (6-4) - v. CHA, @ GW, @ SBU, v. UM, v. FU, @ XU
6. Duquesne (6-5) - @ XU, v. LAS, @ CHA, @ TU, v. STL
7. Charlotte (5-5) - @ RICH, v. STL, @ TU, v. DUQ, v. GW, @ URI
8. Dayton (5-6) *** - @ LAS, v. XU, @ FU, @ SBU, v. SJU
9. St. Louis (5-6) **** - v. FU, @ CHA, @ SJU, v. SBU, @ DUQ
10. UMass (5-6) - @ URI, v. SBU, @ RICH, v. LAS, @ GW
11. La Salle (4-5) - @ SJU, v. DAY, @ DUQ, @ FU, v. URI, @ UM, v. TU
12. Fordham (4-6) - @ STL, @ TU, v. LAS, v. DAY, @ RICH, v. SBU
-------------------
13. George Washington (3-8) - v. RICH, v. URI, @ XU, @ CHA, v. UM
14. St. Bonaventure (1-9) - v. TU, @ UM, v. RICH, @ STL, v. DAY, @ FU

* by virtue of 1-1 record vs. other 6-4 teams plus strength of victory (#1 Xavier)
** by virtue of H2H victory over Richmond
*** by virtue of 3-1 record vs. other 5-6 teams
**** by virtue of H2H split with UMass plus strength of victory (#3 Rhody plus #5 Richmond)

-------------------------------------------------------

To win the tournament right now, we would have to beat Dayton, URI and SJU. That would also give us the highest RPI punch we could hope for. A tough path if you look to win it all, but a great path if you want to have the highest RPI possible.

Bring on Atlantic City.

I want to go to AC, but I have to save my road trip for the Big Dance.

Kahns Krazy
02-18-2008, 09:43 AM
To win the tournament right now, we would have to beat Dayton, URI and SJU. That would also give us the highest RPI punch we could hope for. A tough path if you look to win it all, but a great path if you want to have the highest RPI possible.

Bring on Atlantic City.

I want to go to AC, but I have to save my road trip for the Big Dance.

That is a great point. If Dayton, URI and SJU stay strong, (with the exception of getting one more loss each at our hands), and we ran that table, hoo boy. We'd be 30-4, 12-1 against top 50, and probably somewhere around 5th in the RPI. That would make for the most exciting selection sunday in Xavier history.

XUOHTX
02-18-2008, 09:58 AM
That is a great point. If Dayton, URI and SJU stay strong, (with the exception of getting one more loss each at our hands), and we ran that table, hoo boy. We'd be 30-4, 12-1 against top 50, and probably somewhere around 5th in the RPI. That would make for the most exciting selection sunday in Xavier history.

I peed my pants a little when I read that.

Kahns Krazy
02-18-2008, 10:49 AM
A lot of things would have to happen our way, many of them out of our control, but it's possible.

One game at a time. All we have to do is take care of business, and it starts tonight.

The real beauty is that if we have to rest Drew, or we take a loss somewhere in that run, we are still poised for a great seed. Normally, I would say I'd like to see another team take the A-10 title, but screw 'em. I want it all this year.

nuts4xu
02-18-2008, 01:37 PM
I am getting pumped for the Run of 08'.