PDA

View Full Version : Need Link

XUNynek
02-10-2008, 04:40 PM
Trying to get a link to a site that a I've been talking to some guys at the XU game about. It's a site about being a coach for a College basketball team, and you start off as division 3 coach and work your way up. Its suppose to cost $5 I believe. If someone can get me the link, I'll be grateful.

PM Thor
02-11-2008, 08:58 PM
www.whatifsports.com

Go there, go into Dynasty games, then to HD, Hoops Dynasty. You can actually play one free season right now if you like. Otherwise you could wait and join a group of us in the Smith world.

Muskie
02-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Thor... how do you like it? I've debated doing it a couple of times, but never knew anyone who played? I'm interested in your review.

PM Thor
02-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Muskie, it's addictive. My conference the Capital Athletic is almost all full, with half of the teams being run by Xavier fans (2 spots open out of 12). Being a big college basketball fan, this game is one of those games that lets you run everything. I actually catch myself checking on the real world team I coach, just to see how they are doing. (I am ate up though)

It is very in depth. You do everything, from setting your depth charts, to minutes, to positions, to offenses and defenses, you name it, you can set it. My favorite part has got to be recruiting, because you can search and recruit kids very specifically. Don't recruit kids out of your weight class or too far away though! You will lose out to a better program or a higher division team if you do....
Did I mention that you do your scheduling for the next year too? Oh but be careful, you have to check on a teams RPI and SOS to make sure it is the kind of team you think you should play!!

It can get very frustrating, because it really will take a couple of seasons to figure it out fairly well, just like how it would be for a new coach by the way. The forums are a great source for info though.

It's one of those games that you can get totally into, or you just don't like it. I have caught myself spending literally hours in a day tweaking things, setting practices, setting new rotations, setting my defenses, scouting my next opponents....Try it out Muskie, there is a free season promo going on right now, see for yourself.

One game a day though, for me, is too slow. A season lasts about a month at least...

Muskie
02-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Sounds awesome. I'm going to look into it.

Muskie
02-12-2008, 06:47 PM
How would you recommend i pick a league ect.?

PM Thor
02-12-2008, 07:04 PM
How would you recommend i pick a league ect.?

Well, first look at how full the conference is. If there is a lot of human players, the better. Then look at the conference RPI, the higher the better.

Oh, first and foremost, look closely at the team you are looking at. If they have a bad prestige (C- is the worst to look at really) then skip them. If they don't have many upperclassmen, skip them. Look at their last coach, if a guy moved up to Div II, that would probably be a good team to get in on.

Do you see what I mean that it can be very involved?

Muskie
02-12-2008, 07:24 PM
I just signed up for two worlds on the wait list... what world are you using?

PM Thor
02-12-2008, 07:33 PM
I just signed up for two worlds on the wait list... what world are you using?

I am in the Smith World, petethor, Capitol Athletic Conference. That doesn't open up for over 2 weeks though.

I also just signed up under PMThor813, waiting on a world to open too....

Wooden opens up tomorrow, so I will probably be in there...

Muskie
02-13-2008, 03:06 PM
argh... i missed the email and all the teams are FULL>