PDA

View Full Version : XU recruiting a criminal????

LutherRackleyRulez
10-15-2010, 06:28 AM
Per Goodman/FoxSports........

Parker also said that Kentucky, West Virginia, Georgetown, Auburn, Xavier, Cincinnati – among others – have reached out to both him and Woods’ mother in an attempt to recruit the junior.

***However, he was arrested in September and was charged with kicking and pushing the mother of his infant son – causing a fracture of her spine. He was suspended indefinitely and pleaded to the misdemeanor charge – which carried a suspended 60-day sentence and community service.

http://community.foxsports.com/goodmanonfox/blog/2010/10/14/wakes_woods_set_to_visit_louisville;_kentucky,_oth ers_also_express_interest

Per Parrish/CBSSports.......

Looking to enroll a criminal?

Woods is available

http://gary-parrish.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/6271764/25185857

Woodburn
10-15-2010, 06:49 AM
I'm sure there's a Kelsey connection here, but just like Wake, X is above this. Nothing against this kid, but I really hope this isn't true. There's not a whole lot to think about for me on this one. It makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit to even read Xavier's name mentioned in that article.

stophorseabuse
10-15-2010, 07:05 AM
If there were not countless other colleges willing to give 2nd chances (which I believe in) I would have no problem with this. However, let the kid take one of the other options.

The assault on a woman is tough to swallow. Lenny dealt drugs as a kid (not character issue), Crawford stole a cell phone (minor), Finn stole his own dog (no one hurt), several have had weed run ins (non-issue). The point is we don't have a history with players hitting moral bankruptcy. As long as there are other schools that will give these young men a second chance every now and then Xavier doesn't need to dabble IMO. Especially when their not one of your own to start with.

xufan02
10-15-2010, 07:45 AM
We have a lot of better options, Tony Woods will not be a Muskie.

GuyFawkes38
10-15-2010, 07:58 AM
I'm going to have to give a 'self righteous alert' to everyone who has thus far posted on this thread. I'm sorry, it just has to be done.

Juice
10-15-2010, 07:59 AM
Cmon guys, he only fractured her back.

GuyFawkes38
10-15-2010, 08:04 AM
Cmon guys, he only fractured her back.

Indeed, I know of several people who have experienced worst injuries.

danaandvictory
10-15-2010, 08:43 AM
I'm going to have to give a 'self righteous alert' to everyone who has thus far posted on this thread. I'm sorry, it just has to be done.

Guy, why don't you tell us why it's self-righteous to want nothing to do with a person who fractured a woman's spine by kicking and punching her? I think pretty much everyone with a higher moral compass than Lance Stephenson can agree that's unacceptable.

Woodburn
10-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Per Rick Broering - X not interested in Tony Woods, but UC is. http://twitter.com/#!/musketeerscoop Like I said on the rivals forum - the universe is now back in alignment.

wkrq59
10-15-2010, 05:22 PM
We have a lot of better options, Tony Woods will not be a Muskie.

agreed. no further comment needed:D