PDA

View Full Version : 30 for 30 = Four Days in October

gladdenguy
10-05-2010, 07:30 PM
Could be the best 30 for 30 tonight. It is almost halfway over and I never want it to end.

Everybody has to remember what they did during this series. Unbelievable.

I have chills.

Makes it all the better the Reds will be part of this postseason.

xu2010
10-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Amazing 30 for 30, the whole series has been awesome, but this just brings back some great memories. I cheer for neither team, but this was a great story.

Juice
10-05-2010, 09:31 PM
I didn't like it at all. I didn't learn anything new. They just replayed some clips from the series. If I wanted to watch that I would have bought a DVD about it. The other 30 for 30s covered new topics or covered old topics with a new angle. This one did neither.

GuyFawkes38
10-05-2010, 09:56 PM
I didn't like it at all. I didn't learn anything new. They just replayed some clips from the series. If I wanted to watch that I would have bought a DVD about it. The other 30 for 30s covered new topics or covered old topics with a new angle. This one did neither.

yeah, I'm thrilled I missed it.

Overall, I think the series has been hit and miss. I loved the OJ one. The 2 Escobars was an almost direct copy of an English documentary on the subject. Regardless, it was still powerful. But some of the docs felt a bit forced and unfocused (for example, I learned absolutely nothing about George Steinbrenner on the last doc).

xubrew
10-05-2010, 10:40 PM
i've liked a lot of the series. i missed it tonight, but will see it thursday. i have the series set to dvr, but found that it is better to catch it on espn classic. that way, i don't run the risk of having the end cut off because a preceding game ran long.

i really enjoyed the one about the usfl. that's probably been my favorite so far.

i'm a little surprised we didn't see one on the george mason final four run. but, then again, none of that really played out on espn.

SixFig
10-05-2010, 11:02 PM
If they did a 30 for 30 on the epic search for Authentic Xavier basketball shorts on sale that would be truly watchable.

"What if I told you the greatest team in college basketball didn't have it's short for sale"

gladdenguy
10-06-2010, 07:40 AM

I'm a little biased because I reallly like the Red Sox. I just appreciated the story told through the Red Sox players.
I also thought it was a perfect appetizer for playoff baseball today.

ballyhoohoo
10-06-2010, 07:46 AM
I'm a little biased because I reallly like the Red Sox.

Boooooooooooo

Juice
10-06-2010, 08:09 AM
I'm a little biased because I reallly like the Red Sox. I just appreciated the story told through the Red Sox players.
I also thought it was a perfect appetizer for playoff baseball today.

That is what I think the problem was. Unless you were a Red Sox fan, who wanted to watch the same clips again about a series that has been covered a million times? It didn't add anything for the non-Red Sox fan. It reminded me of The Run DVDs about XU basketball, unless you are a XU fan, why the hell would you want to watch it?

DC Muskie
10-06-2010, 10:07 AM
What I hate about ESPN is that they put together these documentaries, which for the most part have been great, but they have to be sure to give us the Red Sox and the Yankees.

I did not want to watch a story about the Boss. Nor do I have any interest in watching the scab Kevin Millar talk about how wicked awesome it was to beat the Yankees.

Juice
10-06-2010, 10:31 AM
What I hate about ESPN is that they put together these documentaries, which for the most part have been great, but they have to be sure to give us the Red Sox and the Yankees.

I did not want to watch a story about the Boss. Nor do I have any interest in watching the scab Kevin Millar talk about how wicked awesome it was to beat the Yankees.

The problem was that Bill Simmons was partly in charge of the 30 for 30 documentaries so you're damn sure he is going to have one about the 2004 Red Sox. I was just suprised that he put himself in it. Seems like a douche move to me.

gladdenguy
10-06-2010, 11:06 AM

Then don't watch. Pretty simple. Watch the Biggest Loser or Glee.

DC Muskie
10-06-2010, 12:29 PM

I didn't. Did you notice I wrote that?

Kevin Millar is the biggest loser as far as I'm concerned.

xubrew
10-06-2010, 12:36 PM
i believe they're doing one on bartman too. i don't know what the approach or take on it will be, but if anyone deserves to be left alone, it's him.

kyxu
10-06-2010, 12:40 PM
i believe they're doing one on bartman too. i don't know what the approach or take on it will be, but if anyone deserves to be left alone, it's him.

Not to hijack this thread, but I agree with you. Talk about passing the buck for your own failures.

DC Muskie
10-06-2010, 12:53 PM
If they do a bartman piece, we need to firebomb Bristol.

JimmyTwoTimes37
10-06-2010, 12:56 PM

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q282/Marduk13/kipyes.gif

Pete Delkus
10-06-2010, 01:15 PM
Could be the best 30 for 30 tonight. It is almost halfway over and I never want it to end.

Everybody has to remember what they did during this series. Unbelievable.

I have chills.

Makes it all the better the Reds will be part of this postseason.

So you say that everyone HAS to remeber what they did during this series, and then you tell people to go watch Glee and Loser if they don't want to remember these games.

So on one hand you say Everyone should be invested in this wonderful experience and then you tell them to "beat it" and go watch something else if they are not interested.

Way to win debate, let alone allies to share in your Joy.

On another note...below is at the bottom of the live ESPN box score for the Rangers @ Rays game...at first it looks like the wind is (-1)...but I assume it just mean 1 MPH. However, I bet they could really get 2 or 3 mph's "at the right time" if they really wanted to, in the dome.

Game InformationStadium Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, FL
Wind -1 mph
Umpires Home - Tim Welke, First Base - Jim Wolf, Second Base - Jerry Meals, Third Base - Bill Miller

I would love a Rays v. Reds WS!

If that is the case, well then you might see another 1997 Florida Marlins as TB indicated that they are slashing payroll next year. Also, I hope the Reds stay together for a looooong time. I just don't see it in the present baseball!

Bengie Molina is fat!

gladdenguy
10-06-2010, 01:22 PM
So you say that everyone HAS to remeber what they did during this series, and then you tell people to go watch Glee and Loser if they don't want to remember these games.

So on one hand you say Everyone should be invested in this wonderful experience and then you tell them to "beat it" and go watch something else if they are not interested.

Way to win debate, let alone allies to share in your Joy.

Thats how I roll Petey Boy. You best recognize.

Pete Delkus
10-06-2010, 01:32 PM
Its a free country big boy.....hate on Espn if you want.... I could care less about who watches or who doesn't, oh and winning a debate.....could care less about that as well. And what was wrong with watching the Biggest Loser or Glee....2 very good shows by the way.
Anything else from 1st or 2nd grade petey boy?

1)Everybody has to remember what they did during this series. Unbelievable.
2) I could care less about who watches or who doesn't

You care.

CinciX12
10-06-2010, 01:37 PM
No self-respecting man would be caught watching Glee unless they are being forced too..Just sayin

JimmyTwoTimes37
10-06-2010, 01:43 PM
No self-respecting man would be caught watching Glee unless they are being forced too..Just sayin

Worst case scenario would be Rosie O'Donnell or Kathy Bates forcing you to watch Glee.

SlimKibbles
10-07-2010, 12:08 AM

I have my DVR player set to record the series whenever it is on and this one was the only one I deleted without watching it. I hate the Yankees and Red Sox. I remember what the Sox did during that whole thing. It was pretty neat to see a team come back like they did but I really couldn't care less if I saw it again. I've loved the series overall though. I really liked the ones about Andres Escobar, Ricky Williams, Loyola Marymount, and Michael Jordan.

JimmyTwoTimes37
10-07-2010, 01:16 PM

Just read this frightening stat:

"Glee" has beaten The Beatles for the most appearances by a non-solo act on Billboard's Hot 100 chart. "Glee" has had 75 songs on the chart and The Beatles 71.

Nielsen Soundscan indicates that 2.8 million "Glee" albums have been sold worldwide, along with 11.5 million "Glee" downloads.

http://www.limelife.com/blog-entry/Glee-Beats-Beatles-on-Billboards/74801.html

Kahns Krazy
10-07-2010, 01:37 PM
That's so Glee.

DC Muskie
10-07-2010, 06:06 PM
That's so Glee.

Now that's funny.

Porkopolis
10-07-2010, 06:08 PM
That's so Glee.

:D

As a musician and music teacher, I despise Glee. Everyone I encounter seems to think they are going to be the next big thing because they can sing along to a bad arrangement of a 70s pop tune.