PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Class of 2011 Team Basketball Recruiting Rankings

More Cowbell
09-23-2010, 01:42 PM
14 Xavier Musketeers
Commits: 3
ESPNU 100 commits: 1
Top prospect: SF Dezmine Wells

Jalen Reynolds and Darwin Davis both got a grade of 93.

Xavier is the only Non-BCS team on the list.
UC was at 18 and surprisingly Dayton was not ranked.

xufan02
09-23-2010, 02:40 PM
http://insider.espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/recruiting/classrankings?classyear=2011&classmonth=9&rank=14

Here is the link.

More Cowbell
09-23-2010, 07:29 PM
Kevin (Cincinnati, OH)

How about the recruiting of Xavier? Do they once again have the best class in the A10?

Reggie Rankin (4:34 PM)

Yes, they have three four-star recruits led by Dezmine Wells, who is an immediate impact player in the A10 and will probably be frontrunner for rookie of the year, Darwin Davis is a true PG with great quickness and Jalen Reynolds is an athletic PF with good skill and tremendous upside.

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/chat/_/id/34561/recruiting-with-reggie-rankin

gladdenguy
09-23-2010, 08:16 PM
Who does UC have to make them come in at 18? Shaquille Thomas? Who else?

bobbiemcgee
09-23-2010, 08:34 PM
What difference does it make. They'll be 118 after a month with the leprechaun.

Murph85
09-24-2010, 07:19 AM
This ranking does not factor in the transfer from Monmouth and it is possible he may be the biggest pickup in the group. A proven scorer with a huge upside. This puts a hell of a lot more dictance between us and the other A 10 teams.

ballyhoohoo
09-24-2010, 07:30 AM
This puts a hell of a lot more dictance between us and the other A 10 teams.

Until Dayton wins a another preseason A10 title

American X
09-24-2010, 09:14 AM
tremendous upside

huge upside

Would you say they have Tremendous Upside Potential?

Xman95
09-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Would you say they have Tremendous Upside Potential?

That's huge.

xufan02
09-24-2010, 02:39 PM
I have ESPN insider, and they are really high on Jalen Reynolds. Biancardi said in his little write-up about Xavier class that Reynolds will make a David West type impact at Xavier over his four years. That sounds a stretch, but I think he was trying to make the point that like D.West, Jalen is a big time sleeper currently.

I would take Jalen's numbers next season with a grain of salt; they are going to be huge. His conference up here in Michigan is not the most competitive, however he is playing in a Holiday tournament with some of the local powerhouses. I will give everyone updates considering I live a block from the high school gym he will play 4 games in next season. I'm not promising video because my wife would think that is creepy, and I'm not sure what the NCAA rules are for that kind of stuff.

A10fan
09-24-2010, 03:09 PM
After he signs with X I would think taking videos of his play wouldn't be a big deal.

More Cowbell
09-27-2010, 01:21 PM
PaulBiancardi Jalen Reynolds and Dezmine Wells to XU are the 2 biggest steals in class of '11!

Xman95
09-27-2010, 01:55 PM
PaulBiancardi Jalen Reynolds and Dezmine Wells to XU are the 2 biggest steals in class of '11!

Not a steal (yes, this is something that always ticks me off). They are two big time recruits going to a big time program.

smileyy
09-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Not a steal (yes, this is something that always ticks me off). They are two big time recruits going to a big time program.

I think the "steal" comment is more about how underrated they are, vs. the fact that they're going to Xavier.

Then again, there might be a correlation between the two parts of that statement.

Benxman
09-27-2010, 02:12 PM
You're right '95, we are a big time program, but it is still a steal to get players of this caliber when you consider that Big 6 Conferences get all the pub, and more network tv, etc. We are probably the best non Big 6 Conference program in the country, but notice the qualifier (non Big 6).
Having said that, our coaching staff did an incredible job evaluating these kids early and getting them on campus for the closing sale.
Way to go Mack and Co.!
Now all we need is for Rivals and Scout to wake up and realize the caliber of player we got in Jalen Reynolds.
And like someone said earlier, the real sleeper in this class could bd Tayler! :)

GO MUSKIES!

:logo: