PDA

View Full Version : Brian Snow leaving Rivals/Musketeerscoop

kyxu
09-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Saw it posted on his twitter that today is Brian Snow's last day with Rivals.com. He had apparently informed them weeks ago he would be leaving.

I enjoyed musketeerscoop, and Snow was the one who took the initiative to even create a rivals page for Xavier basketball. And though he created the page, he was in no way a Xavier homer and always offered an objective voice on all things recruiting and Xavier's general performance.

Not sure who they're getting to replace him, but I sure hope the site doesn't begin to suck. Richmond has a rivals page, but it's updated about once every 10 months. I hope Xavier's doesn't become like that.

Any way, best of luck to Snow, and many thanks.

GoMuskies
09-15-2010, 11:18 AM
He couldn't write, and I wasn't particularly impressed with his basketball takes, but damn could he report on recruiting. That will definitely be missed.

kyxu
09-15-2010, 11:22 AM
He couldn't write, and I wasn't particularly impressed with his basketball takes, but damn could he report on recruiting. That will definitely be missed.

Oh, absolutely. And many (like me) didn't subscribe to the site because of his prose. He wasn't even all that passionate about Xavier basketball (was he even a fan?). But he was an objective voice, and would tell it like it was, at least. And he was also pretty connected on the recruiting scene, which helped.

GoMuskies
09-15-2010, 11:24 AM
I don't even visit that board during the season. For recruiting, though, it's gold.

xavierj
09-15-2010, 11:29 AM
Brian was there to be objective and he did what he was paid to do. He was (is) a Xavier fan, but he did not want to come off as a homer like some idiots at rivals. He was able to separate his personal feelings from how he reported. He was professional in that way.

He may not be a great writer but he told things how it was with recruiting to the best of his knowledge. He was not like some guys who pretty much say every guy wants to and will commit to their school. He will be missed as far as Xavier recruiting info goes. Best of luck to him.

GoMuskies
09-15-2010, 11:42 AM
Anyone know what he's doing next?

danaandvictory
09-15-2010, 12:44 PM
Rough news. Not sure there's any reason to retain a Rivals membership until they've got someone else in place and that someone demonstrates they can provide similar value as Snow.

Jumpy
09-15-2010, 01:08 PM
I agree with cheese. I'm about a week away from cancelling my membership with this news. Whatever they do to replace him, the new person will have to impress quickly.

kdawg23
09-15-2010, 05:08 PM
Wonder if he is moving to the new 247sports website?

Muskie
09-15-2010, 05:59 PM
Rough news. Not sure there's any reason to retain a Rivals membership until they've got someone else in place and that someone demonstrates they can provide similar value as Snow.

They make it pain to cancel though don't they?

xufan02
09-15-2010, 06:45 PM
They make it pain to cancel though don't they?

You just need to call and tell them why; they will try and keep you with three free months. I'm going to wait until the end of the month and see who they get to replace Bsnow. In the meantime I will be blowing up my alumni contacts for the scoop.

waggy
09-15-2010, 06:52 PM
I always figured Snow paid Rivals for the space, but that he actually owned the site. I now wonder how that deal works.

sash19
09-16-2010, 06:07 AM
I always figured Snow paid Rivals for the space, but that he actually owned the site. I now wonder how that deal works.

Rivals owns the site and paid Brian a salary plus benefits to run the site.....

BlueGuy
09-16-2010, 08:42 AM
Does this mean we can copy and paste stuff from rivals onto the message board again without being yelled at by Brian?

Muskie
09-16-2010, 08:53 AM
Does this mean we can copy and paste stuff from rivals onto the message board again without being yelled at by Brian?

No. I will still get the letters from Rivals and their attorneys. I strongly dislike those letters. So... in short. Don't.

BlueGuy
09-16-2010, 09:01 AM
No. I will still get the letters from Rivals and their attorneys. I strongly dislike those letters. So... in short. Don't.

Just kidding...

Muskie
11-04-2010, 12:59 PM
I saw on Twitter that Snow has joined Scout.

Xpectations
11-04-2010, 01:52 PM
This is true. It appears that he will be one of the top national recruiting guys there. It also appears that he will be involved with the Buckeye team site on Scout.

I wonder if he plans to do anything there regarding the Muskies? He had quite a following at Rivals. I would love to see an alternate info/recruiting source with him leading it.

SixFig
11-04-2010, 03:26 PM
He pulled a Brett Favre....retired only to surface with another organization.