PDA

View Full Version : High school football

XU-PA
08-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Watching St Xavier on ESPN now, against a team from Maryland. Moeller on ESPNU tonight at 7pm vs Huber Heights.
Nice to see the hometown young men. Missing the football hoopla, nothing up here compares.

D-West & PO-Z
08-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Went to the X game. They really let one get away. QB play was horrendous. The turnovers were killers. I'm loving the all blue uni's though, wish they had those when I played there. The stadium is fantastic too. My senior year was its opener but they have added some more buildings around it and updated it some.

xsteve1
08-29-2010, 11:10 PM
St. X needs to find a QB or it will be a tough year.

XU-PA
08-30-2010, 05:31 AM
Love that big X in the middle of the field at ST X. giving me ideas for the lawn next year,,,

Agreed on the Bombers QB/ Maybe it wasn't that he was so bad, just that the guy from Maryland was so very good, real sharp passer, thread the needle like a seasoned pro.

Noticed that the announcers had no trouble with pronunciation, switching back and forth from St X, to St Xavier and the never uttered "egggggs".

In the nightcap, wow, what a friggin game. The team from Huber Heights controlled the first half, QB (headed to OSU) could run past anyone, anywhere. Second half Moeller's D clamped down, and shut him and the rest of that team down 100%. Moeller's RB was a true stud, ran wherever he wanted. Game tied 28 all, Moeller had the ball for the final 2 minutes, nice drive. Got to around the 1 with 8 seconds left. Called their last timeout and I suspect the wholke worled thought it was field goal time. Offense came back on the field, had to figure they would try a quick pass into the endzone, then line up for the field goal. Huge balls from the Crusaders coach, he hands off to the RB, Dive to the endzone for the win, that was his 5th TD of the game! Awesome!