PDA

View Full Version : The Coutdown to AFO Golf Outing Begins:

Muskie
08-17-2010, 01:17 PM
The Foursome is set: Ballyhoohoo, Muskie, XU95, and Nuts4Xu. Four men enter, how many will leave?

ballyhoohoo
08-17-2010, 01:23 PM
will kenwood allow me on its grounds if they know I am a west sider?

nuts4xu
08-17-2010, 01:56 PM
will kenwood allow me on its grounds if they know I am a west sider?

I would discourage openly acknowledging this, in the event you are thrown back across 75.

I am not saying you should deny your origins, just don't show up clad head to toe in purple Elder gear or do anything to draw attention to your west-sideness, and you should be just fine.

I will do what I can to influence the East side powers that be, but just keep it on the D/L.

Masterofreality
08-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Just leave a little bit of grass on the golf course for us afternoon Fat Cats.

I'd hate to be hitting out of deep pits all day that were divots carved out by the morning drunkards.

Sash, is there any way to have Security accompany these scalawags/ruffians around the course?

ballyhoohoo
08-17-2010, 02:38 PM
I would discourage openly acknowledging this, in the event you are thrown back across 75.

I am not saying you should deny your origins, just don't show up clad head to toe in purple Elder gear or do anything to draw attention to your west-sideness, and you should be just fine.

I will do what I can to influence the East side powers that be, but just keep it on the D/L.

I live on the west side, but I grew up in south east Indiana, I am guessing Batesville High School gear would not be as offensive as Elder gear.

I'd hate to be hitting out of deep pits all day that were divots carved out by the morning drunkards.

http://comps.fotosearch.com/comp/BNS/BNS415/plowed-field-furrows_~bn329064.jpg

It may look like this when we are done

waggy
08-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Perfect for planting corn.

Titanxman04
08-17-2010, 03:01 PM
Perfect for planting corn.

Be careful... It's like a "if you build it, they will come" scenario... Plant a cornfield and within a week, you'll probably find a few regulars on here camping out, waiting for the right time to strip down and run backwards through it.

Muskie
08-17-2010, 03:06 PM

Sash, is there any way to have Security accompany these scalawags/ruffians around the course?

There is alcohol involved at this thing?

Titanxman04
08-17-2010, 03:10 PM
There is alcohol involved at this thing?

Where there's nutz, there's always alcohol.

Masterofreality
08-17-2010, 03:32 PM
By the way, I'm spending Monday night down there. Post function festivities?

Party in the 'Nati!!

Titanxman04
08-17-2010, 03:34 PM

Party in the 'Nati!!

Dana's

sash19
08-17-2010, 03:35 PM

Party in the 'Nati!!

MOR:

I will ask the Kenwood staff to ensure a ranger follows Nuts and his "group" around the course!! Also, to the person that asked about alcohol-is the Pope Catholic? :) It's a Xavier event, hell yes there is alcohol! :)

I am looking forward to another great weekend and event. I look forward to seeing every on Monday. Sounds like 92 degrees so stay "hydrated!!"

Thanks again to all who support the AFO, it is greatly appreciated!

Titanxman04
08-17-2010, 03:44 PM
I cannot wait to start participating next year, after one of you guys gives me a six figure job once I graduate in December. :D

In all seriousness, I cannot wait to take part in this event next year, assuming I have a career that'll allow me the time and provide me the finances to afford such a thing.

Muskie
08-17-2010, 03:46 PM
MOR:

I will ask the Kenwood staff to ensure a ranger follows Nuts and his "group" around the course!! Also, to the person that asked about alcohol-is the Pope Catholic? :) It's a Xavier event, hell yes there is alcohol! :)

I am looking forward to another great weekend and event. I look forward to seeing every on Monday. Sounds like 92 degrees so stay "hydrated!!"

Thanks again to all who support the AFO, it is greatly appreciated!

I was joking about the alcohol.

I cant' decide what to do. I don't know whether to come down Sunday night? OR whether I just suck it up and get up early on Monday and head in for out 8am shotgun start?

nuts4xu
08-17-2010, 07:06 PM
I live on the west side, but I grew up in south east Indiana, I am guessing Batesville High School gear would not be as offensive as Elder gear.

Not to split hairs, but I think you can safely claim to be a resident of SE Indiana or Batesville. I do not believe you qualify as a resident of the west side, if you are west of the Indiana border.

ballyhoohoo
08-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Not to split hairs, but I think you can safely claim to be a resident of SE Indiana or Batesville. I do not believe you qualify as a resident of the west side, if you are west of the Indiana border.

I gew up in Batesville, but now own a house in Delhi. I am a west sider, just not a natural one.

X-band '01
08-17-2010, 08:01 PM
Now I'm starting to wonder if the golf outing thread will trump the live Snuggie thread from the 2009 bus trip.

nuts4xu
08-17-2010, 10:39 PM
No jello shots!!!

xudash
08-17-2010, 11:17 PM
I have to get this on the calendar next year.

In the meantime, I wish all of you a great round and a relatively safe day/weekend.

And God bless your livers.

ballyhoohoo
08-18-2010, 07:01 AM
I am heading to the driving range today at lunch, I have only swung the sticks once this year. I need to get the kinks out

sash19
08-18-2010, 07:24 AM
I was joking about the alcohol.

I cant' decide what to do. I don't know whether to come down Sunday night? OR whether I just suck it up and get up early on Monday and head in for out 8am shotgun start?

Oh it was you that said that??? Come on!! You know better! :)

We will definitely share one before or after dinner!

Muskie
08-18-2010, 08:18 AM

Looking forward to it. You may locate me taped to a tree depending on how poorly I play.

xu95
08-18-2010, 08:20 AM

And in between holes.

Muskie has set up a twitter account for this. THere is going to be a lot of crazyness so you might want to follow it.

xu95

Muskie
08-18-2010, 09:22 AM
And in between holes.

Muskie has set up a twitter account for this. THere is going to be a lot of crazyness so you might want to follow it.

xu95

The twitter account is in my signature.

xu95
08-18-2010, 11:22 AM
Hopefully you will give all four of us the password to post. This is going to be some crazy $%#@.

xu95

sash19
08-18-2010, 11:41 AM
Hopefully you will give all four of us the password to post. This is going to be some crazy $%#@.

xu95

Oh god this may end up being dangerous!! Morning or afternoon playing time? Or should I say-bloody mary's or beer time?

ballyhoohoo
08-18-2010, 12:13 PM
Oh god this may end up being dangerous!! Morning or afternoon playing time? Or should I say-bloody mary's or beer time?

While a white russian is normally my breakfast cocktail or choice I will look at other options due to the heat

sash19
08-18-2010, 12:14 PM
While a white russian is normally my breakfast cocktail or choice I will look at other options due to the heat

So you guys are playing in the morning? Willie's has a bloody mary bar at the turn. The girls who run it do a great job and the drinks are ALWAYS served with a very generous pour! Looking forward to Monday!

94GRAD
08-18-2010, 12:28 PM

Those are called caucasions, if you were to ask "The Dude"

Muskie
08-18-2010, 01:22 PM
So you guys are playing in the morning? Willie's has a bloody mary bar at the turn. The girls who run it do a great job and the drinks are ALWAYS served with a very generous pour! Looking forward to Monday!

Correct.

sash19
08-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Correct.

Cool. I will look for you guys at lunch time.....We will get a beer/drink before I head out in the afternoon....

Muskie
08-18-2010, 01:38 PM
Cool. I will look for you guys at lunch time.....We will get a beer/drink before I head out in the afternoon....

You've got my cell. If not, i'll email it to you.

sash19
08-18-2010, 01:57 PM
You've got my cell. If not, i'll email it to you.

I have it. I will text you when I get to Kenwood that day.....

xu95
08-19-2010, 07:46 AM
I have it. I will text you when I get to Kenwood that day.....

Which better be at 7AM.

xu95

sash19
08-19-2010, 07:51 AM
Which better be at 7AM.

xu95

95:

Dont count on it!!! More like 11am-noonish...Got some work to finish that morning before I come to the course!!!

ballyhoohoo
08-19-2010, 07:53 AM
Which better be at 7AM.

xu95

7AM, i didnt sign up for thet shit!

xu95
08-19-2010, 07:59 AM
7AM, i didnt sign up for thet shit!

Shotgun start is at 8, but I will be going for the breakfast and the range opening. I can use all the help I can get.

xu95

ballyhoohoo
08-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Shotgun start is at 8, but I will be going for the breakfast and the range opening. I can use all the help I can get.

xu95

I will be there at 7 am then, i need some range time. Supplier meetings got in the way yesterday. My boss feels I should work instead of golf, what is up with that.

I will try to play nine this weekend at some cow pasture in Indiana

Muskie
08-19-2010, 03:42 PM
I will be there at 7 am then, i need some range time. Supplier meetings got in the way yesterday. My boss feels I should work instead of golf, what is up with that.

I will try to play nine this weekend at some cow pasture in Indiana

Estimate on how long it will take me to get to the course? How far from X is it?

ballyhoohoo
08-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Estimate on how long it will take me to get to the course? How far from X is it?

From Xavier go 71 north to Kenwood Rd exit. Take a right on Kenwood Rd (south). Golf course in on your right maybe a mile down. It is right after the "contruction" that states permit holders only.

sash19
08-20-2010, 10:40 AM
From Xavier go 71 north to Kenwood Rd exit. Take a right on Kenwood Rd (south). Golf course in on your right maybe a mile down. It is right after the "contruction" that states permit holders only.

We have been told by KCC and the sheriff that the construction wont be a big problem to people getting to the course. Cross your fingers though.....

xu95
08-20-2010, 11:56 AM
Went and picked up my cigars today. I am now officially ready.

xu95

ballyhoohoo
08-20-2010, 12:10 PM
I checked my golf equipment, my shoes seem to be shot and I am out of balls, I will have to go to Golf Galaxy this weekend. Probably will have to pick up some cigars myself.

ballyhoohoo
08-20-2010, 12:11 PM
And i have the camera on the charger.

Muskie
08-20-2010, 01:09 PM
I'm doing the inventory tonight. I do know that I need golf tees.

WCWIII
08-20-2010, 10:22 PM
Traveling from Chi town to join you all. Fore!

nuts4xu
08-22-2010, 12:47 AM
I have my cigars ready, but I hope to have some even better ones tomorrow. I would bet the farm my cigars will be different than the rest of the group.

Giggity.

Muskie
08-22-2010, 11:08 AM
24 hours from now we'll be in the final stretch.

Muskie
08-22-2010, 12:01 PM
tomorrow deserves its own thread

http://www.xavierhoops.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15791