PDA

View Full Version : How bout them Bengals?

XU-PA
08-16-2010, 05:18 AM
Much stronger performance.
The 2 penalty ( both penalties were on 3rd down) aided TD's early were distressing. After that the defense seemed to perform well.
I thought Palmer's use of his 4 very talented recievers went well during his stint.
JT actually started to shine a bit.
Cedric looked good, B Scott looked awesome, but his show was apparently against the seconds and thirds of Denver.

Looks like the fullback spot will be strong, Johnson looked decent but I'll be much happier to see Mr 3rd down back from his ankle.

I find it exciting to compare our talent level with the teams from the Bengals glory years, especially at the receiver spots. Ocho, T.O., Shipley, Gresham and add in Jerome Simpson, could be a wow year!

Other side, Orton looks good, Champ Bailey doesn't seem to get old. Brady Quinn very disappointing, Tebow strong arm, strong run, good decision making as does any rookie the rush messes with him, but he appears to have all the tools kind of a throw back guy, it'll be interesting to see how long his coaches let him run head first towards the end zone, his season could very well have ended on that last play of the game.

Jumpy
08-16-2010, 05:49 AM
Didn't go to the game, and didn't stay up to watch, so from what I can tell without having watched it yet- the first and second string defense were sloppy with penalties. Without those three penalties on third down that extended Denver drives, this would have been a blowout.

Second, I think Shipley (and possibly Gresham) will have a bigger impact on this season than TO. You can already see how comfortable Carson is with Shipley and will use him as his trusted safetly valve all year long.

In all, it was a better second effort, but there is still room for improvement- mostly on the defensive side of the ball.