PDA

View Full Version : Muse - October 11th

Titanxman04
08-01-2010, 08:20 PM
They are coming...

October 11th at US Bank Arena. Holy hell, for those who bought into my advice, checked them out, and liked them... I best see you at the show. They are INSANELY good live. Better than good. Amazing. I don't have the concert info yet, mostly because I'm lazy. But everyone should seriously look into seeing them. It's worth whatever amount of money they are asking for.

JimmyTwoTimes37
08-01-2010, 08:35 PM
They are coming...

October 11th at US Bank Arena. Holy hell, for those who bought into my advice, checked them out, and liked them... I best see you at the show. They are INSANELY good live. Better than good. Amazing. I don't have the concert info yet, mostly because I'm lazy. But everyone should seriously look into seeing them. It's worth whatever amount of money they are asking for.

Oh i'm going

Mark 3 Pointer
08-02-2010, 01:39 PM
I'll be there... saw them live before U2 last year and they kicked ass!

Jumpy
08-02-2010, 01:54 PM
I bet that would be a great show. I won't go, but I do like their music.

xu drew
08-02-2010, 04:41 PM
got my tickets a couple months ago...

nickgyp
08-02-2010, 07:09 PM
My brother saw them in DC last year and got me two tix for the show. Also bought me a CD "Black Hole and Revelations". Nice sound. (He was intrigued because the father of Muse's lead singer was in the 60's British band, the Tornadoes, that did the instrumental "Telstar" which was a great 45 record.) I've seen a few Muse videos and look forward to the concert.

sylvester
08-02-2010, 07:41 PM
I saw them in March at the United Center, here in Chicago.

2nd time seeing them, as I also saw them on the Black Holes and Revelations tour at the Aragon in Chicago, 2006.

Top 3 live band right now. If you have the disposable dollars, you would be doing yourself a disservice not to attend.

I definitely agree with Titan...better than good, amazing! Also, for any guitar geeks out there, Bellamy has a super sweet self-modded guitar (Manson is the brand) with what is essentially a theremin at the base of the bridge and outrageous MIDI capability. http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/Muse%20gallery/index.htm The theremin pad has the capability to be a direct connect to a Korg Kaoss Pad (for those that are not familiar, that means it can bend minds).

They have been doing arena tours in the UK for years and are just tapping into that market here in the US. We are a little behind on this band, but definitely do recognize how damn good they are now.

Titanxman04
08-02-2010, 08:38 PM
I saw them in March at the United Center, here in Chicago.

2nd time seeing them, as I also saw them on the Black Holes and Revelations tour at the Aragon in Chicago, 2006.

Top 3 live band right now. If you have the disposable dollars, you would be doing yourself a disservice not to attend.

I definitely agree with Titan...better than good, amazing! Also, for any guitar geeks out there, Bellamy has a super sweet self-modded guitar (Manson is the brand) with what is essentially a theremin at the base of the bridge and outrageous MIDI capability. http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/Muse%20gallery/index.htm The theremin pad has the capability to be a direct connect to a Korg Kaoss Pad (for those that are not familiar, that means it can bend minds).

They have been doing arena tours in the UK for years and are just tapping into that market here in the US. We are a little behind on this band, but definitely do recognize how damn good they are now.

This band does things that no other band does live. The way they sound, perform,and the overall lights and stage set up are really putting them over the top in terms of a live act to go see.

Don't buy the nice bread in the super market. Order from the dollar menu at Wendy's. Stand on the corner and offer ZJ's for cash. Fact is, however you have to do it, save up the money and get yourself a ticket to this show. You'll thank yourself for it fifteen minutes in.

GuyFawkes38
08-02-2010, 08:53 PM
I like Muse.

But I'm not going to lie. It does sort of bug me that they sound almost identical to Radiohead (The bends and OK computer).

Edit: just listened to some Muse on youtube. Identical might be too strong of a word to use. A couple of the songs I listened to sounded 80's like (I guess "arena rock" and a bit metal).

I should check out some more muse.

surfxu
08-02-2010, 09:14 PM
I can barely get through their song(s) on medium on Guitar Hero (or maybe it's Rock Band as I play them both). I'm 4 & 5 stars on hard for just about everything else but I'd fail miserably if I tried that w/ Muse. They had a concert on one of those HD channels (Paladia or something) and I was pretty impressed. Looks like it should be a good show. Bit to technical for me but good none the less.

Porkopolis
08-03-2010, 06:23 AM
I desperately want to go. We have several thousand dollars tied up in moving expenses right now, but once we get that we'll spring for tickets. Especially since we are moving right next to the arena and will be able to walk to the concert. :D

Titanxman04
08-03-2010, 04:28 PM
My girlfriend is an ND alum, and we are going to the Michigan game. I just discovered that finances will probably be tied up with that over Muse. I am disappointed in not being able to go see them. Saddened, even. But I feel I am picking a weekend long event, instead of a single-night event.

Notre Dame better eff up U of M.

X-band '01
08-03-2010, 04:55 PM
I don't think you have to worry about Notre Dame losing at Michigan this year. I don't envy the next Michigan coach that will have to clean up the scorched earth that Rich Rodriguez will leave behind.

sylvester
08-03-2010, 09:06 PM
My girlfriend is an ND alum, and we are going to the Michigan game. I just discovered that finances will probably be tied up with that over Muse. I am disappointed in not being able to go see them. Saddened, even. But I feel I am picking a weekend long event, instead of a single-night event.

Notre Dame better eff up U of M.

I may see you there at U of M. I'll keep you posted on any movement there though.

xu drew
10-12-2010, 07:54 AM
MUSE rocked last night.

that is all.

Porkopolis
10-12-2010, 11:56 AM
That was one of the most mind blowing live concerts I've ever seen. Muse is amazing. If you have never seen them in person, do so ASAP.

Kahns Krazy
10-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Don't buy the nice bread in the super market. Order from the dollar menu at Wendy's. Stand on the corner and offer ZJ's for cash. Fact is, however you have to do it, save up the money and get yourself a ticket to this show. You'll thank yourself for it fifteen minutes in.

Funny you should mention this, and I've been a cheap bread guy my entire life until I stumbled across the Blue Oven Breads at Findlay Market. Totally unrelated to this thread, but those hippies make some freaking awesome bread. At $6 a loaf, it's not cheap, but it's so worth it.

Now, back to Muse...

nickgyp
10-12-2010, 06:38 PM
Went to the concert last night with my nephew. Amazing show. The visuals were spectacular and the band's live sound was incredible. Great concert!