PDA

View Full Version : CM's tweet from 5 hours ago

Murph85
08-01-2010, 06:06 PM
He tweets, " August 1, not a bad day to be a college basketball coach."

Any inside meaning here? Did we have a monster recruit on campus that may have commited? Perhaps a coverted one we wanted like Sampson committed?

Any ideas. I am tired of Bengals stuff and dying to see the class of 2011 get wrapped up. The kid from Detroit is my pick to fill out the class. Has Xavier success story feeling all over him.

sash19
08-01-2010, 06:10 PM
He tweets, " August 1, not a bad day to be a college basketball coach."

Any inside meaning here? Did we have a monster recruit on campus that may have commited? Perhaps a coverted one we wanted like Sampson committed?

Any ideas. I am tired of Bengals stuff and dying to see the class of 2011 get wrapped up. The kid from Detroit is my pick to fill out the class. Has Xavier success story feeling all over him.

August 1st is the end of the July recruiting period. The coaching staff has been on the road for the whole month of July and now they can finally re-meet their families.....

Murph85
08-01-2010, 06:14 PM
Hopefully he gets the results he wants then. He mentioned Kelsey being on the road 24/7.

One more big timer and that class of 2011 looks pretty strong. The way Wells is being played up it sounds like he will not be staying more than two years.

Xman95
08-01-2010, 06:37 PM
He mentioned Kelsey being on the road 24/7.

Kels is an absolute beast when it comes to recruiting.

sash19
08-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Hopefully he gets the results he wants then. He mentioned Kelsey being on the road 24/7.

One more big timer and that class of 2011 looks pretty strong. The way Wells is being played up it sounds like he will not be staying more than two years.

Dez will be here for 3-4 years. He is only 6'4" so the NBA is not looking at someone like him yet. He needs to work on his left hand and consistent outside shot before that becomes a factor.....Dez will be big time though and today ended his AAU career and he is already talking about how excited he is to get to Xavier.....

kyxu
08-01-2010, 06:45 PM
The way Wells is being played up it sounds like he will not be staying more than two years.

I think that's more than a tad premature. He hasn't even entered his senior season, nor has he played a single game of college basketball. Let's not go nuts here.

D-West & PO-Z
08-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Isnt the start of August also when coaches can contact a kid like twice a week instead of once a month or something like that?

sirthought
08-01-2010, 07:10 PM
August is when he can actually start to prepare to coach versus worrying about recruiting all friggin day.

Murph85
08-01-2010, 07:26 PM
August is when he can actually start to prepare to coach versus worrying about recruiting all friggin day.
And in either case we are in a better position than 98% of the programs in the country!

mccabest1
08-01-2010, 10:14 PM
And in either case we are in a better position than 98% of the programs in the country!

To be fair, that's case almost year round.

SixFig
08-01-2010, 11:33 PM
To echo what others have said, August 1st is the first relaxing day for a long time for these coaches. Last week alone there were simulataneous high-level tournaments all around the country...which has got to be tough on a coaching staff. Imagine having to decide whether to go to Vegas, LA, or Florida based on which prospects you want to show the most love. These are key decisions...and stressful ones too.

I do, however, imagine there will be a commitment in the next few weeks.

MADXSTER
08-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Things will start shaking out now on the recruiting trail. It's a fun time to follow recruiting.

xu95
08-02-2010, 08:13 AM
I think Goff might be here today. Maybe tomorrow.

xu95