PDA

View Full Version : Ron Patterson (Offer)

bobbiemcgee
07-28-2010, 09:39 AM
http://rivals.yahoo.com/depaul/basketball/recruiting/player-Ron-Patterson-92215

rhyno2110
08-15-2010, 05:10 PM
Since Patterson commits to Indiana today, apparently the chances DVR comes to X are greater. Lets hope so.

bobbiemcgee
08-15-2010, 05:56 PM
Guess you mean DSR, maybe you have this confused with the Direct Tv thread.

asmithxc
08-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Since Patterson commits to Indiana today, apparently the chances DVR comes to X are greater. Lets hope so.

Agreed- that would be great.

There is so much talent in that Indiana class, it will be interesting to see how things shake out. Perea, DSR, Harris, and Yogi Ferrell are all top 25 guys for Rivals right now, plus Hollowell and Hammons, and it seems like we are recruiting all those guys except Perea... We should be in good position.

Juice
08-15-2012, 01:06 PM
Eye on College BBall ‏@EyeOnCBB

As first reported by @insidethehall, Indiana signee Ron Patterson will not be attending the school this season: http://cbsprt.co/PpqjZy

UCGRAD4X
08-15-2012, 02:05 PM
Eye on College BBall ‏@EyeOnCBB

As first reported by @insidethehall, Indiana signee Ron Patterson will not be attending the school this season: http://cbsprt.co/PpqjZy

It says "Patterson is looking into prep schools and other four-year colleges"

If he can't meet IU academic standards, what makes you think Xavier would be a likely destination? Besides, I think we're set at PG for a while.

Sounds more like he'll go to a prep, JC, or lower division college where he can play next year.

Juice
08-15-2012, 02:23 PM
It says "Patterson is looking into prep schools and other four-year colleges"

If he can't meet IU academic standards, what makes you think Xavier would be a likely destination? Besides, I think were set at PG for a while.

Sounds more like he'll go to a prep, JC, or lower division college where he can play next year.

I don't think anything of his chances to come or not come to XU, I was just providing an update.

But if he goes to a year of prep school he can get his academics in order and have 4 years of eligbility. And let's not pretend that XU hasn't taken some players with questionable academics. If I remember correctly Jeff Robinson was let go by Purdue for the same reasons. Cheekz and Martin didn't qualify for academic reasons.

More Cowbell
08-15-2012, 02:29 PM
Academics for this guy and Robinson were just the excuse. In both cases, the schools were over the scholarship limit and had to let someone go. With that said, I dont think X has a huge need for him.

PMI
08-15-2012, 02:46 PM
Academics for this guy and Robinson were just the excuse. In both cases, the schools were over the scholarship limit and had to let someone go. With that said, I dont think X has a huge need for him.

Exactly. IU had more scholarship players than they had scholarships. I would love this pickup. Patterson is a college-ready 6'3" guard who can really score the ball. I think Myles Davis will be great but SG is still a bit of a question mark and Patterson could give us some good depth. He's strong and knows how to score in many ways. I'd be all for getting this kid.

UCGRAD4X
08-15-2012, 03:22 PM
I mistakenly thought he was PG. Shooting guard does make a bit more sense.

You don't think IU takes students with academic issues? Maybe it's because they had a top 10 recruiting class coming in - they decided it was not worth it. I'm just saying I don't think it would be any more 'worth it' at X with the guys we have now and in the pipeline.

Not sure he wants to switch anyway - more likely he wants to but be in Bloomington next year.

waggy
08-15-2012, 07:45 PM
The guy was pretty highly rated wasn't he? At one time? Now what's he gonna do? Looks to me like IU really screwed him.

UCGRAD4X
08-15-2012, 08:26 PM
The guy was pretty highly rated wasn't he? At one time? Now what's he gonna do? Looks to me like IU really screwed him.

The link mcgee supplied had him at 131 / 30th at his position.

I suppose that is pretty highly rated.

At one time I would say "no doubt" and that would be a huge get for X. Any more, anything out of top 100, unless it is an area of need - which it is not.

semantics

PMI
08-15-2012, 11:14 PM
I think he would be a great fit on our team and would not be surprised if he came here. How many other good programs that he was high on have an open scholarship for him to play this year? Rankings are what they are, but I think this guy is a very good player who flat out knows how to score and is college ready. He is a slasher who can take his guy off the dribble and we could really, really use that on this team in my opinion. I know we are in on a lot of good recruits for 2013, but if Patterson is ready to commit, I say you take him.

bobbiemcgee
08-16-2012, 08:02 AM
Isn't this the guy whose Dad got screwed over by UC long, long ago?

Anyway, JR was in the same situation with Purdue. Thx, Sister Rose.

ballyhoohoo
08-16-2012, 08:30 AM
Robinsons dad got screwed by UC then transferred to Pitt. Patterson took classes at Iu this summer from what I've heard. He might have to sit

JTG
08-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Robinsons dad got screwed by UC then transferred to Pitt. Patterson took classes at Iu this summer from what I've heard. He might have to sit

Nope, he's free to go wherever and play right away. He just took a summer school class. X was mentioned yesterday as a possible destination on Indy radio.

Juice
08-16-2012, 10:22 AM

Some of X's freshmen are taking classes now too. It's actually a good thing.

muskiefan82
08-16-2012, 10:41 AM
I think we should continue the tradition of taking IU's players/commits/castoffs and making them into winners at X.

Xman95
08-16-2012, 01:57 PM
Patterson took classes at Iu this summer from what I've heard. He might have to sit

I would guess, based on the fact that he hasn't played there, he would be eligible immediately (assuming academics check out).

smileyy
08-16-2012, 02:40 PM
Some of X's freshmen are taking classes now too. It's actually a good thing.

I believe that gets them ahead academically, so they can take a lighter load during official basketball season? And, presumably, by the end of their career, be taking only one or two classes needed to graduate.

smileyy
08-16-2012, 02:43 PM
The link mcgee supplied had him at 131 / 30th at his position.

I suppose that is pretty highly rated.

At one time I would say "no doubt" and that would be a huge get for X. Any more, anything out of top 100, unless it is an area of need - which it is not.

Pretty much this. Though recruit evaluations are filled with huge variances, both in actual talent, and in ability to adapt and perform for a coach/program at a college level.

All we know at that rating level is that he's not going to be an NBA player in a year or two. Beyond that, he could be worthless, or he could be a 4 year contributor.