AAU: New York Gauchos

Ht:6'8"
Wt:210 lbs
Class:2011

Ranking:
Rivals: #15PF, #82 Overall
Scout: #8 PF
ESPN: Grade 90, #43PF

List (as of 7/26/10): Rutgers, Cincinnati, Xavier, St. John's, Miami, Arkansas, Texas, Kansas, Kansas State, West Virginia, Pittsburgh, and Louisville.

"Now that he is for sure headed to prep school Jack is comfortable and back with the New York Gauchos on the circuit. Playing with his usual team, Jack is looking great. He is blocking shots, scoring off the bounce, using his athleticism to its fullest, and also displaying good footwork. He is a skilled power forward who can use versatility to get it done on both ends of the floor. Schools are coming in hot and heavy for Jack, and clearly he is becoming one of the premier unsigned big men in the 2011 class."

GuyFawkes38
07-26-2010, 11:19 PM
Arizona hit a low point last recruiting season when Kadeem Jack decided to go to prep school instead of Tucson.

Jack claims that Arizona remains a possibility. But he could have attended this year and chose not to, which suggests he doesn't have much interest in Arizona.

IMHO, the desert and the distance freaks out some east coast recruits.

sash19
07-27-2010, 07:27 AM
Arizona hit a low point last recruiting season when Kadeem Jack decided to go to prep school instead of Tucson.

Jack claims that Arizona remains a possibility. But he could have attended this year and chose not to, which suggests he doesn't have much interest in Arizona.

Rasheen Davis helped us immediately get onto Jack's list. Jack went to Rice HS as did Davis, who also coached there. Jack is a very good player and we have alot of catching up to do but we are at least in the discussion at this time.

xavierj
07-27-2010, 09:34 AM

You mean kids from NYC are not keen on the idea of Rattlesnakes, scorpions and tarantulas running around their feet?

xudash
07-27-2010, 09:54 AM
But it's dry heat!

AZWildcat
07-27-2010, 01:37 PM

lol

Yeah, Jack chose a year of prep school over Arizona because it's in the desert. Some of you Xavier fans crack me up. By all accounts, Jack had the time of his life during his visit to Arizona

Funny how you chose to leave out the fact that Jack also chose a year of prep school over UConn, Seton Hall, St. Johns, and several other D1 Schools that are nowhere near the desert southwest. And if you bothered to do some research on the subject before commenting, you'd probably know why.

Xman95
07-27-2010, 02:14 PM
And if you bothered to do some research on the subject before commenting, you'd probably know why.

And if you had read more than one of Guy's posts you would undertand that you're wasting your time trying to argue with him. It's a battle many fight, yet nobody ever seems to win!

xunorm
07-27-2010, 06:35 PM
You know, I never hear a recruit come out after a trip and say, "That place sucked, I would never go there." I'm sure he had a blast. Point of the matter is that Miller supposedly left X for a better place, but the only guys he has truly gotten so far have been X recruits or have fallen in his lap (USC debacle). Do some research, prove me wrong.

gladdenguy
07-27-2010, 07:08 PM
You know, I never hear a recruit come out after a trip and say, "That place sucked, I would never go there." I'm sure he had a blast. Point of the matter is that Miller supposedly left X for a better place, but the only guys he has truly gotten so far have been X recruits or have fallen in his lap (USC debacle). Do some research, prove me wrong.

Miller will never rebound from Xavier. Arizona, like Indiana and Cincinnati are programs of the past in the college basketball.

Muskied
07-27-2010, 09:29 PM

Unfortunately, they don't publish the reports after our recruits visit UD.

JimmyTwoTimes37
08-15-2010, 01:44 PM
Jack apparently has narrowed his list down to four.

"Arkansas, rutgers, miami, and Xavier RT @Rubball2: @NYPost_Brazille Any guesses to Kadeem Jack's final 4? http://myloc.me/aA4sM"

He just had 19 points, 10 rebounds, and 3 blocks in the Queens vs Harlem game at Rucker's
http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/08/15/big-east-all-stars-shining-in-bahamas-battle-of-the-boroughs-final-set/

Xman95
08-15-2010, 02:32 PM
Aren't we out of scholarships for 2011? I thought the Walsh transfer opened up a fourth, but they have all been used now (Davis, Wells, Reynolds, Taylor). Granted, Mack could probably recruit one over, but I just don't see that happening. Of course there's far more going on behind the scenes than we know, so maybe the staff anticipates another opening up.

JimmyTwoTimes37
08-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Aren't we out of scholarships for 2011? I thought the Walsh transfer opened up a fourth, but they have all been used now (Davis, Wells, Reynolds, Taylor). Granted, Mack could probably recruit one over, but I just don't see that happening. Of course there's far more going on behind the scenes than we know, so maybe the staff anticipates another opening up.

According to this guy in the NY Post, X and Rutgers are coming on strong recruiting Jack.

kyxu
08-15-2010, 02:47 PM

We are out of scholarships for 2011, but we've had someone leave the program prematurely each year for probably the last 12 years. I hate to say it, but room will be made if Kadeem wants on-board.

xsteve1
08-15-2010, 03:12 PM
According to this guy in the NY Post, X and Rutgers are coming on strong recruiting Jack.

Rasheen Davis effect already in motion.

xufan02
08-15-2010, 03:28 PM
Well it is good to see Rasheen hitting it hard on the recruiting trail. I love the NY kids we have on the roster now; they have a lot of confidence, maybe we get another.

xavierj
08-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Apparently rasheen Davis was his coach this weekend. Interesting.

waggy
08-15-2010, 04:25 PM
A case of him listing X out of respect for Davis, or would X make room for him? Maybe a little of both?

Power Forward U baby!

I thought I read he reclassified. Was that from '10 to '11, or '11 to '12?

xuab
08-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Now Rivals is reporting X didn't make the cut. The final 4 are West Virginia, Arkansas, Rutgers and Miami.

JimmyTwoTimes37
08-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Now Rivals is reporting X didn't make the cut. The final 4 are West Virginia, Arkansas, Rutgers and Miami.

Interesting. Oh well. Best of luck to him

Juice
08-15-2010, 06:37 PM

Jeff Goodman tweeted the same