PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Anderson - PG/SF/PF (Commit Other)

SixFig
07-25-2010, 02:17 PM
Point guard
Jersey City, New Jersey
St. Anthony
AAU: Playaz

Ht:6'6"
Wt:215 lbs
Class:2012 (High School)

Rivals Ranking: #11 Overall, #1 PG
Scout: #14PF
ESPN: #18

Louisville, Villanova, Miami, Virginia Tech, Pittsburgh, Wake Forest, Xavier, Rutgers, Seton Hall and Georgia Tech.

From Jody Demling:

"Anderson is so versatile that most coaches and scouts can't agree on what position he'll play. Some coaches see him as a wing and others as a point guard."

waggy
10-09-2010, 06:44 PM
A couple weeks ago Anderson scored 45 in a 2OT win in the iS8/Nike Tip-Off Classic.

http://georgiatech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1132002http://

JimmyTwoTimes37
10-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Visiting November 6!

More Cowbell
10-13-2010, 12:59 PM
Reminds me of Evan Turner.

waggy
11-01-2010, 12:39 PM
Playaz Club wins iS8 tournament championship. Kyle Anderson named iS8 Player of the Year.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/high_school/basketball/mack_attack_rutgers_recruit_leads_nRXdLBocrAgMbxJ4 L7FqRJ

muskiefan82
11-01-2010, 12:56 PM
Anderson reigns supreme: The St. Anthony (N.J.) junior, who is considering several high-major Division I programs including Villanova, St. Johns, Xavier, UCLA and Kentucky, was named the iS8 Player of the Year. The first team honors went to Maurice Harkless (South Kent), Mack (Playaz Club Seniors), Sledge (Shooting Stars), Chris Thomas (Princeton Day Academy) and Andre Drummond (Connecticut Basketball Club).

..and there it is.

waggy
11-01-2010, 01:03 PM
Mack & Co. are in the enviable situation that they don't really have to take anyone in 2012. Only 5 stars need apply at this point.

waggy
11-06-2010, 12:41 PM
St. Anthony ranked pre-season #6 in MaxPreps Xcellent 25.

http://www.maxpreps.com/news/0skFOueREd-YiQAcxJSkrA/no-6-st-anthony.htm

Lamont Sanford
11-08-2010, 10:15 AM
I gotta believe that the loss to Bellarmine didn't sit too well with Kyle Anderson from his courtside seats. I'm sure Coach Davis didn't foresee that one when he got the kid to come for an unofficial.

Emp
11-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Sullinger, the new Ohio St phenom, was quoted in today's Dispatch about Diebler's mention to the freshmen of the importance of avoiding a repeat of the Findlay upset of a few years ago. Sullinger noted that he was at that game on his official visit, but didn't let it affect his judgment about coming to OSU.

I've seen several skyisfalling comments about the recruiting and the Bellarmine game. I would be surprised if it is a big issue. The facility, the coach, the school, team chemistry and how a recruit may fit in seems to be much more important.

A10fan
11-08-2010, 11:26 AM
The kid is going to be looking at who we have at his position and how Mack envisions him fitting in with the other players. I'm sure this kid isn't gonna make a decision based on one pre-season game.

More Cowbell
11-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Luckily we don't have any other 6'8" point guards on the roster.

gladdenguy
11-18-2010, 12:48 PM
From Adam Zagoria regarding Kyle's visit,

“The Xavier visit was excellent,” Kyle Anderson Sr. said by text. “Very organized and well put together. They treated it like an official visit as far as the information and sites they wanted us to see. I was really impressed with their power point presentation illustrating how Kyle could earn his degree in three years.

We both left Xavier feeling like that is a place we could be comfortable with.”

As for UCLA, he said: “The visit went well. Campus is beautiful. We toured the campus and discussed how Kyle could fit into their system. He is going to focus on the season from here on out.”

I like the Xavier comment.

boozehound
11-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Sullinger, the new Ohio St phenom, was quoted in today's Dispatch about Diebler's mention to the freshmen of the importance of avoiding a repeat of the Findlay upset of a few years ago. Sullinger noted that he was at that game on his official visit, but didn't let it affect his judgment about coming to OSU.

I've seen several skyisfalling comments about the recruiting and the Bellarmine game. I would be surprised if it is a big issue. The facility, the coach, the school, team chemistry and how a recruit may fit in seems to be much more important.

I think that this is important to remember. I can't imagine that a kid who is looking at playing with the likes of Dez Wells, DSR, Dee Davis, Jalen Robinson, etc. is going to be too swayed by what happened in an exhibition game 2 years before he even plays. BTW, a big part of the reason we are struggling is that we lost a guy to the 1st round of the NBA draft, which is the goal for most all of these kids anyways.

Any 2012 recruit has to look at the talent coming in for that team and just salivate.

xudash
11-18-2010, 05:43 PM
From Adam Zagoria regarding Kyle's visit,

“The Xavier visit was excellent,” Kyle Anderson Sr. said by text. “Very organized and well put together. They treated it like an official visit as far as the information and sites they wanted us to see. I was really impressed with their power point presentation illustrating how Kyle could earn his degree in three years.

We both left Xavier feeling like that is a place we could be comfortable with.”

As for UCLA, he said: “The visit went well. Campus is beautiful. We toured the campus and discussed how Kyle could fit into their system. He is going to focus on the season from here on out.”

I like the Xavier comment.

Can't ask for much more than that from a parent. And I agree completely with emp and booze's comments: it's about the school, the facilities, tradition, coaching, et al, not about attending a one-off crappy pre-season game and concluding from that that Xavier isn't the place to go. That's crazy.

XULucho27
11-19-2010, 10:02 AM
Haven't seen this posted elsewhere. Apologies if it has. It's a quick summary on Kyle Anderson's (6'8" PG #1 Position Rank) visit to Xavier and UCLA. Looks like Mack and Co. showed him the goods when he came on his unofficial visit on November 5th.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/11/18/kyle-anderson-visits-ucla-xavier/#more-42740

I'll summarize the best part:

“We both left Xavier feeling like that is a place we could be comfortable with.”

Hopefully this kid will be another great get by the coaching staff. Long way to go though.
:logo:

paulxu
11-19-2010, 10:10 AM
Since ESPN doesn't even have us on the list of schools he is supposedly interested in, I think it's great that he took time to visit us unofficially. Speaks well of our program and whtaever NY/NJ area connections our coaches have that caused it to happen.

Juice
12-14-2010, 08:47 AM
Here is a new interview with Kyle Anderson talking about his recruiting: http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/12/13/kyle-anderson-talks-recruiting/

xu15
12-14-2010, 11:33 AM
Here is a new interview with Kyle Anderson talking about his recruiting: http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/12/13/kyle-anderson-talks-recruiting/

I don't care that he may have screwed up the pronunciation a little bit. He said Xavier went well, and those other 2 went well too. I think that's a good sign. This kid would be huge. Hopefully we can get him and not lose him to a local BE school like Rutgers.

smileyy
12-14-2010, 11:54 AM
A potential Lamar Odom can mispronounce the name all he wants. If he comes to XU and takes the team to a Final Four, he can pronounce it "Fordham" for all I care :D

PMI
12-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Man I love this kid's game from all the highlights I've seen. A very unique player in his class, he can truly play all 5 positions. My guess is that if we got him we'd develop him as a 3. He is just too good a passer and playmaker not to spend time on the perimeter. He could be an immediate game-changer and really open up the offense for everyone else. If we somehow land this kid, 2012-13 could be a downright scary good year.

Xman95
12-14-2010, 06:58 PM
Hopefully we can get him and not lose him to a local BE school like Rutgers.

The St. John's program is one from the BE that scares me. Lavin is doing a nice job recruiting (coaching will be the question mark for him) and I have a feeling a lot of the east coast talent is going to be looking there.

Juice
12-14-2010, 08:31 PM
The St. John's program is one from the BE that scares me. Lavin is doing a nice job recruiting (coaching will be the question mark for him) and I have a feeling a lot of the east coast talent is going to be looking there.

I agree, but Lavin's 2011 and 2012 classes are loaded. I don't know how anyone could gauge what kind of PT they would be getting.

xu15
12-16-2010, 07:00 PM
New article on rivals says he is our top target. Not many doubts there. I can't read it since I'm not a subscriber, but I can't tell you the amount of pants jizzing that would occur if he were to come to Xavier. I know we have a good shot, but lets get it done and reel him in. Him and Smith-Rivera in that class? Wow.

Murph85
12-16-2010, 07:31 PM
I just read the article. His father could not have been any higher on X. This kid can go anywhere he wants but his father said if it's a small school (enrollment) X is the obvious choice. Likes the Tas, academics and the entire presentation.

That would be huge.

XUFAN 51795
12-21-2010, 01:22 PM
With him and DSR this class could be in the top 10... This isn't based on anything but I feel like someone will transfer and give us another scholarship in 2012

SixFig
12-21-2010, 01:45 PM
With him and DSR this class could be in the top 10... This isn't based on anything but I feel like someone will transfer and give us another scholarship in 2012

Not unreasonable. We would have 13 players, all former top 150 players, for at most 10 rotation spots. Somethings got to give. But speculation as to who and when is pointless at this point.

XUFAN 51795
12-21-2010, 07:16 PM
I know it's early but I don't really think mckenzie will get much playing time this year or even next year with Travis Taylor and Jaylen Reynolds coming in also I think latham will play in front of mckenzie not now but soon

XUFAN 51795
12-21-2010, 08:09 PM
@Dvauntes44 ayee shawty was yo name put ya number in my sidekickkk ayee lol what's good bro
Twitter for BlackBerry® • 12/15/10 9:24 PM
*DSR is getting him to come to X

principal
12-21-2010, 09:37 PM
@Dvauntes44 ayee shawty was yo name put ya number in my sidekickkk ayee lol what's good bro
Twitter for BlackBerry® • 12/15/10 9:24 PM
*DSR is getting him to come to X

Um, what? Who is talking about and what is he saying? I don't speak twitter.

XUFAN 51795
12-22-2010, 11:43 AM
Um, what? Who is talking about and what is he saying? I don't speak twitter.

This is Kyle Anderson telling our recruit d'vauntes smith Rivera to send him his phone number

principal
12-22-2010, 02:29 PM
This is Kyle Anderson telling our recruit d'vauntes smith Rivera to send him his phone number

How could anyone miss that? ;)

Xman95
12-28-2010, 07:30 PM

Yep, that sure seems like it could turn out well!

THRILLHOUSE
12-31-2010, 10:08 AM
according to Adam Zagoria: "Xavier is working hard on Kyle Anderson"

THRILLHOUSE
12-31-2010, 10:30 AM
and here is that article about X and Anderson:

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/12/31/xavier-working-hard-on-kyle-anderson-chandler-visiting-ucf-villa-holiday-classic/

Xman95
12-31-2010, 11:55 AM
Following the DSR decommit, landing Anderson would be a phenomenal rebound. It would be like getting dumped by Maggie Gyllenhaal...
http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2008/09/Gyllenhal030908_450x402.jpg

only to wind up dating Scarlett Johansson!
http://www.cheekopek.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/scarlet-johansson-20071.thumbnail.jpg

THRILLHOUSE
12-31-2010, 11:58 AM
Following the DSR decommit, landing Anderson would be a phenomenal rebound. It would be like getting dumped by Maggie Gyllenhaal...
http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2008/09/Gyllenhal030908_450x402.jpg

only to wind up dating Scarlett Johansson!
http://www.cheekopek.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/scarlet-johansson-20071.thumbnail.jpg

I would rep you for this, but the man wont let me.

The_Mack_Pack
01-15-2011, 09:31 AM
I believe his team is playing on ESPN at 4PM today for those who want to check him out.

xuwin
01-16-2011, 01:09 AM
I believe his team is playing on ESPN at 4PM today for those who want to check him out.

I didn't think it was a very impressive performance by him today. He's playing on a great team and he wasn't even close to the best player on his team.

Masterofreality
01-17-2011, 09:48 AM
If you want to see him again,

ESPNU at 1pm Eastern time today, Monday.

CANCEL THAT. My Bad. Kyle plays for St. ANTHONYS. St. Patricks, (NJ) is on at 1.

Juice
01-26-2011, 09:02 AM
New Article on Anderson: http://web.sny.tv/news/article.jsp?ymd=20110125&content_id=16498794&oid=temp&vkey=45

You hate to read this:

Anderson has indicated that he may prefer to stay locally in order to remain near his family.

"That plays a major factor," he said. "I don't think they'll care about the distance but I definitely do so that's going to play a major factor."

"Especially when I see my teammates local, it's like high school all over again," Anderson Jr. said. "Staying local and going to the same school with them."

Xman95
02-05-2011, 06:43 PM
Well, our run with Kyle Anderson was enjoyable while it lasted. Coach K just informed Anderson's coach, Bob Hurley Sr., that Duke is going to start recruiting Anderson.

xufan02
02-06-2011, 06:38 PM
I was not holding my breathe that we would land Kyle Anderson; coach K starting to recruit him does hurt what slim chances we had. I say get DSR back and lock down another big not named Sim Bulhar and call it a class.

xufan02
02-07-2011, 12:20 PM
Looks like Duke landed a top 15 recruit at the same position as Kyle today.

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegebasketball/story/Foward-Alex-Murphy-gives-Duke-first-verbal-commitment-for-2012-020711

Xman95
02-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Looks like Duke landed a top 15 recruit at the same position as Kyle today.

Shocking that Duke landed a Top 15 white kid!

As for Kyle Anderson, he seems to want to play PG (or at least his father wants him to) so landing a forward doesn't remove him from the equation at Duke. In fact, it might make the Blue Devils even more attractive. Anderson isn't necessarily a scorer, but an all-around type of player. He's a team guy. Running the point with Top 15 players to distribute to...that has to be intriguing.

xu drew
03-11-2011, 10:42 AM
Not sure if we still have any hope of landing Anderson, but per TheRecruitScoop's twitter, UNC is now expressing an interest. That surely can't help.

Juice
03-11-2011, 02:00 PM
Not sure if we still have any hope of landing Anderson, but per TheRecruitScoop's twitter, UNC is now expressing an interest. That surely can't help.

More on UNC and Kyle:
http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/03/11/carolina-looking-at-kyle-anderson/#more-48415

Benxman
03-11-2011, 02:20 PM
Do any of you know what position X is recruiting him for? With Lyons and Davis already in the fold, my guess is that we are recruiting him as a 'point' forward. Either way, he sure would be a good get.

GO MUSKIES!

:sword:

xu15
03-21-2011, 11:21 AM
Any info on this kid? I know we used to be pretty high on his list, but he has a TON of big offers and I haven't heard anything in a while. Are we still in ok shape or have we fallen out?

JimmyTwoTimes37
03-21-2011, 01:29 PM
Any info on this kid? I know we used to be pretty high on his list, but he has a TON of big offers and I haven't heard anything in a while. Are we still in ok shape or have we fallen out?

He's just doing what most top flight recruits do and enjoy the spotlight. My guess is he'll narrow it down right around AAU season but I'm sure he will take his time and enjoy all the top flight visits

XUFan09
04-19-2011, 07:45 PM
As much as we'd love to have Anderson, it's looking less and less likely simply because none of the many articles mention Xavier.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/04/18/coaches-flocking-to-see-kyle-anderson/#more-50958

Xavgrad08
05-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Looks like Anderson is really high on Seton Hall. He lists X as a school he is also interested in. Even if we don't land this kid it is good to be a finalist for someone so highly rated.
http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/05/09/kyle-anderson-says-seton-hall-working-hardest/#more-52084

boozehound
05-10-2011, 06:48 AM
Seton Hall???

muskiefan82
05-10-2011, 07:22 AM
Seton Hall???

He WILL play there. A lot.

Juice
05-10-2011, 07:28 AM
He WILL play there. A lot.

Wouldn't he play anywhere he goes?

ArizonaXUGrad
05-10-2011, 10:46 AM
If he is looking to play point forward for us wouldn't Davis put a crimp in those plans. His job of walking the ball up the court would be taken by Davis at least part of the time.

I get if a kid like this commits you make a place for him but wouldn't a player like Torian Graham fit better. Of course that is all assuming we get who we want.

smileyy
05-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Eh, two ballhandlers is better than one. I expect both Davis and Anderson would be able to adapt to their roles.

Juice
05-25-2011, 08:34 AM
It seems that there isn't a chance we land this kid:

Kyle Anderson, the No. 1 point guard in the Class of 2012, will visit UCLA unofficially with his mother on Monday, his father said.

“Just that afternoon into the evening,” Kyle Sr. said by text.

Kyle Sr. said his son would also visit Florida “eventually.”

“The last time he and I spoke, the favorites were Seton Hall, UCLA, St. John’s, Georgetown and Florida,” Kyle Sr. said. “There are some point guards that are transferring and in limbo so that could have some bearing on his list.”
Former Arizona point guard Lamont “Momo” Jones is transferring and considering Seton Hall, UConn and other Northeast schools. As was first reported here Tuesday, Jones is unlikely to land at St. John’s.

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/05/25/kyle-anderson-to-visit-ucla/#more-52907

xu95
05-25-2011, 11:29 AM
There really hasn't been a chance for some time now.

xu95

Atlas
05-26-2011, 08:58 PM
Between the posts for Anderson and Smith - Rivera, I grow weary of this talk. It is time to move on and look for the right person who wants to be here

XUFan09
05-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Between the posts for Anderson and Smith - Rivera, I grow weary of this talk. It is time to move on and look for the right person who wants to be here

Good thing you're not one of our recruiters. Smith-Rivera is still heavily in the mix and will be making his decision after all his visits near or at the end of the summer AAU season, so it will be some time like July or at the latest, August. Your average high school kid signs their acceptance of admission for a college in March or April of their senior year (with the deadline being May 1). An Early Decision applicant turns in their application in middle to late fall. We're getting rather impatient with their athletically-inclined classmates who haven't made a decision in late May of their junior year.

xuwin
05-26-2011, 10:24 PM

I have a hunch that Mack is doing exactly that. I think signing Philmore is a sign of moving on.

SixFig
05-26-2011, 10:49 PM
I have a hunch that Mack is doing exactly that. I think signing Philmore is a sign of moving on.

Why? He doesn't even play the same position as DSR?

XUFan09
05-26-2011, 11:03 PM
There's still another scholarship available for 2012 and it also wouldn't surprise me if the staff oversigned by one.

Juice
06-15-2011, 03:25 AM
Anderson has his final 5 schools:

Anderson’s trimmed list of five schools now includes Seton Hall, St. John’s, UCLA, Georgetown and Florida. He broke down each school with Jay Gomes of NJHoops.com in the above video.

On UCLA: “I like the job Coach [Ben] Howland does with point guards. He put probably five or six point guards in the NBA in the last five years.”

On Seton Hall: “It’s close to home. If I want to be the hometown guy, stay close with Seton Hall.”

On St. John’s: “I like how everybody plays hard for Coach [Steve] Lavin. They have a good 2011 class coming. I feel like that would be a good home for me, too.”

On Florida: “I like the player development work that Coach [Billy] Donovan does. A lot of guys get better when they go through his program. Great tradition of the school.”

On Georgetown: “I like Coach [John] Thompson’s offense that he runs. Everybody plays hard for Coach Thompson.”

http://www.zagsblog.com/2011/06/13/anderson-named-mvp-as-playaz-win-rumble/#more-53500

Juice
09-19-2011, 10:02 PM
Committed to UCLA tonight

DC Muskie
09-20-2011, 05:14 AM
Committed to UCLA tonight

Wow. Seton Hall has got to be disappointed.

Juice
09-20-2011, 07:07 AM
Wow. Seton Hall has got to be disappointed.

Seton Hall even got one last in home visit with him last night.

The interesting thing to watch will be whether Shabazz Muhammad now follows him to UCLA. They have talked about playing together there. UCLA would be making a major comeback.

GreatWhiteNorth
09-20-2011, 11:40 AM
Anderson committed. so that means Georgetown is really going after DSR now.

xu15
09-20-2011, 11:46 AM

I'm not worried. I'm over this kid. I like our class a lot.

GreatWhiteNorth
09-20-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm not worried. I'm over this kid. I like our class a lot.
Me too....just saying.

Xman95
09-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Didn't Anderson really want to stay close to home? New Jersey, California...yeah, seems pretty close (as long as you don't count the entire country that's in between!).

bobbiemcgee
09-20-2011, 02:19 PM

That means we will be playing against him in conference next year:eek:

xufan02
09-20-2011, 02:22 PM
If Xavier gets an invite to the Big East, would we still be considered a mid-major by the pundents?

LA Muskie
09-20-2011, 02:28 PM
If Xavier gets an invite to the Big East, would we still be considered a mid-major by the pundents?
Depends on who else is left in the Big East. Seriously, no. But while we presumably would be stepping up conference-wise, this will not be the equivalent of a jump to a Big 6. That said, I think it can be net better for us than that. We'd be in a better basketball league, while still being in a conference that is basketball-centric. I never thought being in a football-centric conference, even a Big 6, would be great for us.

MuskiePimp23
09-20-2011, 09:28 PM
Depends on who else is left in the Big East. Seriously, no. But while we presumably would be stepping up conference-wise, this will not be the equivalent of a jump to a Big 6. That said, I think it can be net better for us than that. We'd be in a better basketball league, while still being in a conference that is basketball-centric. I never thought being in a football-centric conference, even a Big 6, would be great for us.

Not sure if I agree with this...I think it certainly depends on what teams would be included in this league...If you have a conference with Marquette, Georgetown, Villanova, Seton Hall, St. Johns, Providence, Depaul, Xavier, Temple, Dayton, Richmond, Butler, I absolutely think this conference could and possibly would be on a par with most Big 6 conferences...Despite what the Pac 12 has added, that conference is still very down in basketball...I think in any given year, this conference could certainly slide into the Top 3-5 conferences in the country, possibly higher.