PDA

View Full Version : Yancy Gates suspended

xavierdude
02-09-2008, 02:55 PM
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20080209/SPT0301/302090022/

Go figure. He decides to go to UC, and he already has done something to prove his UC eligibility.

B-ball player with potential + Stupid mistakes = UC basketball

gladdenguy
02-09-2008, 04:21 PM
I hope he gets to UC and gets caught with pot, punches a horse, ties his roommate up in a chair, and, well, I hate UC.

Masterofreality
02-09-2008, 04:21 PM
The only thing that makes me hold off is that Walt McBride is the coach. Maybe Gates missed a study hall, maybe he didn't turn in a school assignment on time, who knows? Walt is probably trying to send a message and nip any mess ups in the bud. He's doing the kid a favor by trying to keep his head on straight.

xavierdude
02-09-2008, 04:35 PM
The only thing that makes me hold off is that Walt McBride is the coach. Maybe Gates missed a study hall, maybe he didn't turn in a school assignment on time, who knows? Walt is probably trying to send a message and nip any mess ups in the bud. He's doing the kid a favor by trying to keep his head on straight.

very true. I'm well aware of Walt's coaching habits. Great guy. I hate to see players with potential screw themselves up, though. Walt knows what he's doing

Snipe
02-09-2008, 06:36 PM
Bankshot McBride is a Great American.

PM Thor
02-09-2008, 08:44 PM
I had a conversation with McBride about 2-3 weeks ago (even though he knew not who I was). First let me say, Walt McBride is one of the most approachable, nicest, very knowledgable guys out there coaching high school basketball. Great guy.

That being said, he raved about Gates. Absolutely raved. He was so high on the kid it was like he would have done anything to keep him on the floor. Said that Gates was a good kid too.

I hope that this gets worked out now, and that Gates realizes that he isn't above the rules. Kudos to Coach McBride for laying down the law now, hopefully the kid will learn from this and not have a recurrance.

pimpinthebox
02-09-2008, 11:46 PM
Say what you want. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't rooting for some off-court issues with the UC program. They've cleaned up their act a bit lately and I've kind of missed the transgressions.

xufan22
02-10-2008, 12:01 AM
No surprise. Typical UC bball player.

Stonebreaker
02-10-2008, 11:40 AM
I haven't heard about what he did, so I'm going to refrain from commenting on the situation. Other than saying that Gates is gonna be a beast inside for UC.