PDA

View Full Version : Festival in Sycamore

xnatic03
07-15-2010, 09:14 AM
I'll go ahead and pimp the festival my dad runs....it's called the Festival in Sycamore, and it's this weekend. Friday night has 3 bands, with the last being Starship, and Saturday has 3 bands (Natalie Wells Band (she is a ridiculously good blues guitar player/singer), The Whammies, and Survivor). The beer and food are very reasonably priced, and it always attracts a good crowd. It is at Bechtold Park in Sycamore Township (on Sycamore Road) and starts at 6PM both nights.

Lamont Sanford
07-15-2010, 12:13 PM
Will nuts be taking folks to The Chicken after the Survivor show?

xnatic03
07-15-2010, 01:38 PM
Will nuts be taking folks to The Chicken after the Survivor show?

Only if you are REALLY lucky......

chico
07-15-2010, 02:41 PM
As a proud resident of Sycamore Township I'd just like to say that we built this Township on Rock and Roll - and a big shopping centre.

I'm still upset, though, that they removed the tank from Bechtold.

American X
07-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Starship

Is that supposed to draw people in or drive them away?

http://www.brainwashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/starship.jpg

xnatic03
07-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Is that supposed to draw people in or drive them away?

http://www.brainwashable.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/starship.jpg

Haven't quite figured that out yet. They've had some pretty good bands there in the past. We hung out with Tommy Tutone one year, and they were cool. My sister and my wife sold stuff at the memorabilia tent the first time Little Feat was there, and they made them like $5000 or more in one night. My dad and a lot of other people put a lot of work into to make it a great festival.
Also, Chico, I loved that tank, especially when I was younger, but it was always so infested with bees that I hated going on it too often. The park's a lot cleaner than it was when that tank was there.

muskienick
07-15-2010, 05:52 PM
I enjoyed both JA and JS when Grace was at her chemical best.