PDA

View Full Version : New Rivals Top 150

Xman95
07-01-2010, 07:26 PM
Here you go. (http://rivals.yahoo.com/xavier/football/recruiting/rankings/rank-2288)

Apparently it's being held against Dee Davis that he hasn't been playing much lately - almost fell out of Top 100 (#94). Dez Wells checks in at #58.

Hopefully future Musketeer Jakarr Sampson is at #37.

SixFig
07-01-2010, 09:18 PM
My thought for the final piece of the class of 2011 was a PF/C to complement Latham and McKenzie and understudy to Frease at C. Jeff Robinson would also be in the mix. There would be between 25-30(McClean and Taylor's Minutes) available, which is attractive to a freshman who wants to play right away.

Unfortunitely all of our potential PF/C "Assets" were tied up in the Bino fund. Desmond Hubert, Mikael Hopkins, Greg Lewis, and Adjehi Baru were his guys. Only Anthony Davis, the longshot of longshots and 44 year old JC player Robert Goff remain in the true PF/C group.

Perhaps 6'7" Jakarr Sampson or 6'7" Tommy McCune would fill the PF roll.

In Mack I trust. The 2013 class will have a top 25, 5 star prospect...if not 2012.

xufan02
07-02-2010, 06:51 AM
My thought for the final piece of the class of 2011 was a PF/C to complement Latham and McKenzie and understudy to Frease at C. Jeff Robinson would also be in the mix. There would be between 25-30(McClean and Taylor's Minutes) available, which is attractive to a freshman who wants to play right away.

Unfortunitely all of our potential PF/C "Assets" were tied up in the Bino fund. Desmond Hubert, Mikael Hopkins, Greg Lewis, and Adjehi Baru were his guys. Only Anthony Davis, the longshot of longshots and 44 year old JC player Robert Goff remain in the true PF/C group.

Perhaps 6'7" Jakarr Sampson or 6'7" Tommy McCune would fill the PF roll.

In Mack I trust. The 2013 class will have a top 25, 5 star prospect...if not 2012.

We are very much in play with Greg Lewis, and Chris Mack is handling his recruitment personally. We have not recruited Desmond Hubert in a very long time. Anthony Davis was never going to come to Xavier. Mike Hopkins and Adjehi will be ACC bound.

Right now Xavier has only offered three players in the 2011 class: SF/PF Jakarr Sampson, PF/C Greg Lewis, and PF/C Jalen Reynolds. There are about 4 other top 150 recruits in the mix that will be evaluated in July.

Madfan
07-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Nice thing about Dee Davis-he's one of those kids that could care less about his "ranking". It's zero-zero everytime you walk on the court.

Heard he was asked by a coach at the CP3 camp how many "stars" he was, and he answered he didn't know. When the coach asked him why he didn't know-he said he didn't give a "bleep" what he was "ranked" he just came out and played 100% each time he hit the floor. The coach told him that was the best answer he had ever heard.

Glad to have Dee at Xavier.

kyxu
07-02-2010, 03:10 PM
The coach told him that was the best answer he had ever heard.

No, I think the best answer would've been "four, muthaf******!"

xufan02
07-02-2010, 03:51 PM
There are two reasons why Dee Davis's rankings have gone down. One, he is playing very limited AAU ball this season, and focusing on strength training and getting his body D1 ready. Second, there are a ton of prospects every year that have never played AAU ball, have never been evaulated, and once they hit the scene explode. Anthony Davis the PF from Chicago, was 6-2 last year at this time. He grew 8 inches over the course of the school year, and boom, he is a top 10, five star recruit. There will be atleast 10-15 other players that will move into the top 150 that the experts have not heard about before. This happens every year.