PDA

View Full Version : 2 year postseason ban for USC

D-West & PO-Z
06-09-2010, 11:21 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5267933

boozehound
06-10-2010, 07:06 AM
Yowza. Pete Carroll really took it to them in their keister, huh?

He probably went from being their most loved coach ever to possibly their most hated.

BBC 08
06-10-2010, 07:37 AM
That noise you are hearing is the entire state of Tennesee saying "Suck it, Lane."

X-band '01
06-10-2010, 08:04 AM
And this, my friends, is why Pete Carroll was willing to take the Seahawks job instead of staying at USC. 2 years, 20 scholarships out, that ain't going to be pretty.

DoubleD86
06-10-2010, 08:01 PM
:D:D:D:D

That is all.

Juice
06-10-2010, 09:32 PM
And this, my friends, is why Pete Carroll was willing to take the Seahawks job instead of staying at USC. 2 years, 20 scholarships out, that ain't going to be pretty.

I thought it was 30 scholarships (10 each year for 3 years)?

X-band '01
06-10-2010, 09:43 PM
It is - at the time I posted this it was expected to be at least 20; during the NCAA press conference they confirmed that USC will lose 30 scholarships over the next 3 seasons.

Espe
06-10-2010, 09:54 PM
http://i50.tinypic.com/fbayds.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o115/bill7471/youmad.jpg

PM Thor
06-10-2010, 11:54 PM
:D:D:D:D

That is all.

This story should be HUGE, but it's not. That really pisses me off. I really despise cheaters, and this news item really isn't getting the attention that it should get. Every game that Bush played is being forfeited!

But to me, it seems like it's no big deal to the news sources. I would be screaming from the rooftops if I could about it...

I HATE dayton.

PM Thor
06-11-2010, 12:05 AM
And to continue...

The NCAA took way too long to drop the hammer. The major instigators are gone, and none of them really care about it now anyway. Bush is a multimillionaire. So is Carroll, so is Mayo. Think they really are bothered by this sanction to USC?

That's why, in my opinion, the NCAA is a paper tiger.

The NCAA should be able to fine individual coaches and players after the fact. If any of them benefit monetarily while representing the NCAA, the NCAA should be able to hit them in the wallet. I don't see why they can't do this.

I HATE dayton.

XU-PA
06-11-2010, 04:30 AM
As big as the lost scholarships is the vacating of a national championship, has that ever happened before?

X-band '01
06-11-2010, 07:17 AM
Notice another thing that is missing - a ban on TV appearances. There used to be a time when teams on probation would be barred from TV appearances and, if I'm not mistaken, their share of TV revenue from their respective conference. I suppose we we were all secretly hoping that USC would get a "death penalty" akin to what Southern Methodist received in the mid to late 80s, but it was not meant to be.

But if you ask Notre Dame fans about that fateful day in 2005, does it now mean that their moral victory really is a victory?

JimCoker
06-11-2010, 07:26 AM
How is USC like Obama?

Neither can bowl, and they blame it all on Bush.

kyxu
06-11-2010, 07:29 AM
As big as the lost scholarships is the vacating of a national championship, has that ever happened before?

I would say the vacating of a national championship means next to nothing. People will still remember USC as national champion that season. You can't undo what's already been done. The legacy is set.

I'd say the loss of scholarships are pretty big, but it's not like they can't recover from that. If the NCAA was really serious, they would hit SC in the pocketbook. That's why programs cheat anyway. The NCAA needs to take away the benefits reaped from the cheating.

D-West & PO-Z
06-11-2010, 10:23 AM
I think this is really going to hurt USC. 30 lost scholarships over 3 years.

Miami lost 31 scholarships and had a one year post season ban in 1995 and it took them about 5 years to return to the national spotlight.

Every USC junior and senior can choose to leave with no sitting out if they want to because of the 2 year post season ban.