PDA

View Full Version : The REAL Reds Turning Point?

drudy23
05-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Let's hope not....what a dismal day (4 errors and 9th inning complete meltdown). C'mon....7 runs in the bottom of the 9th to lose?

One question - who is confident with Cordero as our closer? I know it wasn't just him, but why not just keep Arthur Rhodes in to finish off the 9th?

Not a good day to take a day off, Rolen.

GoMuskies
05-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Yikes.

cinskyline
05-20-2010, 03:22 PM
Lincoln and Masset need to go.

And I agree with you about keeping Rhodes in.

JimCoker
05-20-2010, 03:28 PM
Dusty-

Please stop wasting Micah Owings as a pinch hitter. I know he can hit, but we need his arm more than his bat.

XUglow
05-20-2010, 03:43 PM
ATL is probably happy.

STL_XUfan
05-20-2010, 03:51 PM
:)

XU 87
05-20-2010, 04:18 PM
Mike Lincoln pitched two scoreless innings in the 7th and 8th. So Dusty sends him out there for a third inning and let's him give up 4 straight hits before taking him out.

I have a problem with sending him out there for a third inning. But I have a bigger problem with letting him give up 4 straight hits. Geeez, after the first two hits, get him out of there.

Every time I start thinking Dusty is a decent manager, he does something dumb like this. I think Dusty gets his players to play hard, but his in-game decisions often leave me scratching my head.

ATL Muskie
05-20-2010, 06:22 PM
http://media.npr.org/images/ap//AP_News_Wire:_Latest_Headlines/2_APTOPIX_Reds_Braves_baseball.sff_300.jpg?t=12743 96033

xeus
05-20-2010, 07:57 PM
Mike Lincoln pitched two scoreless innings in the 7th and 8th. So Dusty sends him out there for a third inning and let's him give up 4 straight hits before taking him out.

I have a problem with sending him out there for a third inning. But I have a bigger problem with letting him give up 4 straight hits. Geeez, after the first two hits, get him out of there.

This is my problem exactly. WTF.

PM Thor
05-20-2010, 08:22 PM

Every time I start thinking Dusty is a decent manager, he does something dumb like this. I think Dusty gets his players to play hard, but his in-game decisions often leave me scratching my head.

Dusty has been called a "players manager", that guys like playing for him because he listens to them. Well dammit, sometimes you gotta do things to players that they just don't like.

As for this game, it's just one really bad game. Hell, if you think about it, we did the same thing to the Brewers in the last series, so I don't think there is anything to be too concerned about based on one horrific ending.

I HATE dayton.

Masterofreality
05-21-2010, 04:44 PM
Well,

You DO get to play the freaking, horriffic Tribe this weekend.

If the Reds don't sweep, Cincinnati should just move to Triple A.

X-band '01
05-21-2010, 04:52 PM
I've thought of making a trip up to see the Jake for the 1st time (with apologies to Progressive) this weekend, but do Reds fans want to fill the coffers of one Larry Dolan in the process?

vee4xu
05-21-2010, 04:54 PM
Well,

You DO get to play the freaking, horriffic Tribe this weekend.

If the Reds don't sweep, Cincinnati should just move to Triple A.

Was just going to say the same thing MOR. You beat me to it.

vee4xu
05-21-2010, 04:56 PM
In fact I can save lots of time and money by just driving to Huntington Park to watch the Clippers. In fact, they may be better than the team playing at The Prog.

Masterofreality
05-21-2010, 05:04 PM
I've thought of making a trip up to see the Jake for the 1st time (with apologies to Progressive) this weekend, but do Reds fans want to fill the coffers of one Larry Dolan in the process?

Don't worry Band. Whatever money No Dough(lan) gets won't be spent anyway.
It just goes in the "black hole" and never appears again.

He's still saving salary for "flexibility" for that "big mid-season" push.