PDA

View Full Version : 2011 recruit - David Sobolewski - Interview & Highlights

Daniel Poneman
04-20-2010, 08:50 PM
I was researching this kid and came across a thread on this forum where you guys were discussing David Sobolewski, a 6'1" combo guard from Benet Academy in Illinois (plays for Illinois Wolves AAU), who has received recruiting interest from Xavier. The kid's stock has been super hot (he recently got offers from Southern Illinois and Northern Iowa), but I'm still not completely sold on him being Xavier- good. He isn't tall enough to play the 2 for a top 25 team, and isn't quick enough to guard guys like Jacob Pullen at the 1, but he could be a nice bench player for you guys. Of the players in Illinois that I know Xavier is recruiting, I'm a big fan of Mike Shaw, Abdel Nader, and Mycheal Henry's game....

Here is a link to highlights/interview with David Sobolewski that I just put out ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJbtFjeEeqo

Let me know if you guys have any questions, or if you haven't seen my videos of Henry, Nader, Shaw, or any other recruits in my area that you guys are interested about, let me know and Ill post answers and links....

ballyhoohoo
04-21-2010, 06:50 AM
No way that we take a guard in 2011. We will have a guard heavy roster, plus we are bringing in a pg and a wing in the class already.

PMI
04-21-2010, 09:18 AM
I was about to say, this kid may end up being a decent player for all I know but he certainly didn't strike me as Xavier material. Seemed more like a poor man's Redford IMO, but that's obviously a major assumption on my part. Daniel, of the other guys you mentioned from Illinois that we're recruiting, I haven't really heard much about them. Any of them offers or even high interest guys for us? Seems like there are still some very good names high on our radar with only one '11 scholly left, and we'll almost certainly go with a big, so I'm wondering if any of these guys are being seriously considered.

MADXSTER
04-21-2010, 11:02 AM
Mike Shaw is on Xavier's radar more than the other two.

Video of him would be great.

gladdenguy
04-21-2010, 11:06 AM
For 2011, I really think it comes down to either Dorian Finney-Smith or Jakarr Sampson.
If not those 2, maybe Robert Goff.

xavierj
04-21-2010, 11:19 AM
I would think Xavier would take two more. They will probably take goff and one of the other two small forwards mentioned above.

Xman95
04-21-2010, 11:40 AM
I would think Xavier would take two more. They will probably take goff and one of the other two small forwards mentioned above.

That would assume a transfer, would it not? Without one I don't think there will be enough scholarships to add 4 players in 2011. (We already have Davis and Wells.)

xu95
04-21-2010, 11:59 AM
I believe Xavier is planning on four. They also have good reason to assume they can. When was the last off season that we didn't have someone leave with eligibility left?

Goff will accept the second he is offered. Heck, Coach Mack could probably call him to find out if there are any good pizza joints in town and Goff might think that is code for a scholorship offer.

I also think we get Jakaar. I know I am Mr. Obvious here since he announced us as his leader. A class of Dez, Dee Dee, Goff and Jakaar would be fantastic.

xu95

Xman95
04-21-2010, 12:15 PM
A class of Dez, Dee Dee, Goff and Jakaar would be fantastic.

Or a class of Dez, Dee Dee, Sampson and Hubert. Then follow with a 2012 class of DSR, Hammons and Macon. That's not asking too much, is it?

gladdenguy
04-21-2010, 12:20 PM
I believe Xavier is planning on four. They also have good reason to assume they can. When was the last off season that we didn't have someone leave with eligibility left?

Goff will accept the second he is offered. Heck, Coach Mack could probably call him to find out if there are any good pizza joints in town and Goff might think that is code for a scholorship offer.

I also think we get Jakaar. I know I am Mr. Obvious here since he announced us as his leader. A class of Dez, Dee Dee, Goff and Jakaar would be fantastic.

xu95

Or a class of Dez, Dee Dee, Sampson and Hubert. Then follow with a 2012 class of DSR, Hammons and Macon. That's not asking too much, is it?

I would assume between Finney-Smith and Sampson, it would be whomever accepts their offer first because they both now hold offers and it is known that Xavier will not take both because they are the same type of player (how was that for a run on sentence).
Also, by the next ratings, Dorian Finney-Smith could be ranked higher than Jakarr Sampson. I've never seen either play so I don't know whom I'd rather have.
Dorian is about to explode.....Jakarr has had some great offers for awhile now.
Obviously, Mack liked what he saw from Dorian to give him an offer.
It would be great to see one of them in a Muskie uniform.

MADXSTER
04-21-2010, 12:27 PM

Gotta have Gary Harris in there somewhere.

xu95
04-21-2010, 12:28 PM
I think it is safe to say that either Sampson or Finney-Smith will be a Muskie. It is also safe to say that both will not.

xu95

rhyno2110
04-21-2010, 05:43 PM
I think it is safe to say that either Sampson or Finney-Smith will be a Muskie. It is also safe to say that both will not.

xu95

So its safe to say that nothing is safe to say right?

xu95
04-22-2010, 07:49 AM
So its safe to say that nothing is safe to say right?

THat is a safe assumption to make.

xu95

PMI
04-22-2010, 08:34 AM
This thread has gone from curious to safe. Or maybe the other way around.

Daniel Poneman
04-28-2010, 10:49 PM
Of the kids Xavier is targeting in Chicago....

Abdel Nader just committed to New Mexico

Mike Shaw is definitely a high interest target, he has offers from Illinois, Wisconsin, Marquette, Xavier, Michigan State, and some others.....

Mycheal Henry has offers from Wisconsin, Baylor, Illinois, and Marquette, and im not sure i've Xavier has offered yet....

Anthony Davis is a new name on the radar, but I can promise you that you will be hearing a lot more about him very soon. 6'10 forward from Chicago went from having no interest whatsoever a few weeks ago to having 20 high major schools after him and an offer from Syracuse because of a few breakout AAU tournaments. Xavier was one of the first 5 schools to call.

I have video highlights of all these guys, I dont know how many posters are checking the "David Sobolewski" thread still, so I'll make new threads for them....