PDA

View Full Version : The Class of 2012

SixFig
04-18-2010, 12:45 PM
I know its early, but Xavier has the table set for an unbelievable class of 2012.

ESPN Terrific 25

#11 Elijah Macon
#14 AJ Hammons
#24 D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera

Other top 100 quality studs with offers:

Gary Harris
Jeremy Hollowell
Ron Patterson

I feel the firm of Mack, Kelsey, Steele and Ransom have taken Xavier's recruiting to a whole new level, on par with the high level BCS schools like UConn, Georgetown, Florida etc. The Class of 2011 with Dez and Dee will be great. The Class of 2012 will be transcendant.

Final Four here we come!

:logo:

muskienick
04-18-2010, 01:38 PM
I know its early, but Xavier has the table set for an unbelievable class of 2012.

ESPN Terrific 25

#11 Elijah Macon
#14 AJ Hammons

Other top 100 quality studs with offers:

Gary Harris
Jeremy Hollowell
Ron Patterson

I feel the firm of Mack, Kelsey, Steele and Ransom have taken Xavier's recruiting to a whole new level, on par with the high level BCS schools like UConn, Georgetown, Florida etc. The Class of 2011 with Dez and Dee will be great. The Class of 2012 will be transcendant.

Final Four here we come!

No chicken-counting going on here yet, but I'd take that lineup of recruits to Muskieland in 2012 in a NY second! Thanks for giving us a wonderful bit of daydreaming!

Xman95
04-18-2010, 02:01 PM
#11 Elijah Macon
#14 AJ Hammons

DSR has been at the top of my wishlist for a long time. The thought of possibly landing two of those guys is amazing. All three...

xufan02
04-18-2010, 03:14 PM
Get ready for Gary Harris to explode onto the national scene; mark it down he will be a McDonalds AA. Xavier has been all over him early, I hope he keeps us at the top.

waggy
08-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Is Mack back from dinner yet?

Xman95
08-11-2010, 09:16 PM
Is Mack back from dinner yet?

He probably left dinner and went straight to his office to plan more of his approach with the 2012 class. That dude never stops!

waggy
08-11-2010, 09:29 PM
I couldn't even let the poor guy have one evening to celebrate.

rhyno2110
08-14-2010, 11:43 PM
He probably left dinner and went straight to his office to plan more of his approach with the 2012 class. That dude never stops!

Here is a supporting tweet:

CoachChrisMack
Love talking to big time recruits! Saturday night, Wednesday mornings, it never matters!!

SixFig
08-21-2010, 01:33 AM
Looking way ahead...the team without 2012 recruits will look like somewhat like this (please don't slaughter me on exact positions of each player. We all know Mack is recruiting a lot of hybrid players that will play multiple positions)

PG
Lyons SR
Davis SO

SG
Canty JR
Wells SO

SF
Taylor SR
Martin JR

PF
Robinson SR
Reynolds SO

C
Latham JR
McKenzie JR

Our list of team needs will be built from this. I actually see Travis Taylor starting to PF leaving room behind Justin Martin as a freshman at SF. Therefore I predict the Class of 2012 will consist mostly of 2/3/4 hybrid swingmen. Also, we will need one PG to replace Lyons and understudy to Dee Davis. Kyle Anderson, number 1 PG in 2012, anyone?

Murph85
08-21-2010, 09:49 AM
I know I will get ridiculed for this but the stories are few and far between so I am going to post it anyway and I will not post the source for fear of being cut off.

Someone very close to the program, in fact you can't really follow the program without this person reaching one of your senses, predicted J Crawford (a year before the season)would be the best guard to ever play at X. Hard to argue this as he went in the first round, scored over 30 in a sweet sixteen game....... He was right or has a very very strong argument.

This person has said he thinks Travis Taylor will play in the NBA. He is that good. I certainly have no idea as I have never seen a game but when you read he was putting up 17 while being doubled you have to think there is really something there. The competition will be notched up a bit but with our lineup in 2012 there will be no double team on him.

That class will be special.

xufan02
08-21-2010, 10:31 AM
Looking way ahead...the team without 2012 recruits will look like somewhat like this (please don't slaughter me on exact positions of each player. We all know Mack is recruiting a lot of hybrid players that will play multiple positions)

PG
Lyons SR
Davis SO

SG
Canty JR
Wells SO

SF
Taylor SR
Martin JR

PF
Robinson SR
Reynolds SO

C
Latham JR
McKenzie JR

Our list of team needs will be built from this. I actually see Travis Taylor starting to PF leaving room behind Justin Martin as a freshman at SF. Therefore I predict the Class of 2012 will consist mostly of 2/3/4 hybrid swingmen. Also, we will need one PG to replace Lyons and understudy to Dee Davis. Kyle Anderson, number 1 PG in 2012, anyone?

I have a different opinion on our needs and what positions the new guys will fill:

PG: Mark Lyons --Senior/Darwin Davis --Sophomore
SG: Justin Martin --Junior
SF: Jay Canty --Junior, Dezmine Wells --Sophomore
PF: Travis Taylor --Senior, Jeff Robinson --Senior, Griffin McKenzie --Sophomore (Redshirt)
C: Jordan Latham --Junior, Jalen Reynolds --Sophomore

I think the glaring weakness is the lack of another knockdown shooter. The only player that has been billed as a shooter is Justin Martin, and Canty and Wells are athletes who might develop a shot over their careers. We need another combo guard in the 2012 class. A guy like D'Vauntes Smith-Riveria would be the ideal guy. He is a 6'4" combo guard in the mold of former UC product Deonta Vaughn, only he has a lot more size and upside. He can play point and be a knockdown shooter on the wing. 2013 is the year we go out ant get another PG. We also could use another Swing player, and a banger at the center spot.

Benxman
08-21-2010, 03:21 PM
I agree, but don't forget that MacKenzie is billed as a good shooter. Having said that, I too, think that Mack and Co. need to recruit another pure shooter for one of the guard positions.
I like his emphasis on swing players - lot's of interchangeable parts. This will give him versatility in his substitution patterns and allow him to create matchup problems for apposing coaches.
It will be interesting to see who pans out and who doesn't and watch them develop.
Should be quite a ride.

GO MUSKIES!