PDA

View Full Version : Ben Worthlesswhiner

nuts4xu
04-16-2010, 09:21 AM
This dude has a problem, a real problem. I can't figure out if his problem is he is a dumb ass, if he is immature, or if he just likes young muff too much to ignore.

With all the heat the Bengals fans and organization has taken the past few years, we never had a guy who was the face of the franchise like Carson Palmer pulling this kind of crap.

The people I have spoken to who went to school with Big Ben at Miami didn't have very many favorable things to say about the guy. He seems like a real POS.

http://bp3.blogger.com/_dAd_RHGzUx0/SFCI8Mt16RI/AAAAAAAAAYY/1dUqMtN6q-g/s320/Drink+Like+A+Champion.bmp

gladdenguy
04-16-2010, 09:26 AM
1.) He is ugly
2.) He is scum
3.) He has no game (not talking about football)
4.) He is immature
5.) He is a shittsburgh squealer

Just a terrible human being who loves to prey on college girls and try to get them drunk.
All in all.....a loser as a person. The guy can win football games though. I wish Carson Palmer could say the same thing.

JimmyTwoTimes37
04-16-2010, 09:32 AM
As much as I loathe the steelers and Big Ben, he has 2 super bowl rings...

nuts4xu
04-16-2010, 10:02 AM
As much as I loathe the steelers and Big Ben, he has 2 super bowl rings...

2 rings, one motorcycle crash, really bad greasy hair, and more than one accusation of inappropriate contact with women. I would take the rings, but without SB appearances and the way Shittsburgh prides themselves on integrity, this guy would be in Oakland right now fighting for a job.

http://i.tsn.com/i/photos/20100415/140824.jpg

tjb
04-16-2010, 11:39 AM
i hate when people act like he is a good qb. he has had a great defense that won those superbowls. he is no better than trent dilfer. an average qb that happened to be with great defenses

boozehound
04-16-2010, 11:46 AM
I recently heard him referred to as Ben Rapistberger. I thought it was funny.

EDIT: I do not think the sexual assault allegations are funny. Just the name Rapistberger. Just to be clear, I don't find anything funny about sexual assault.

JimmyTwoTimes37
04-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Another day, another sexual assault allegation

http://www.ajc.com/sports/gbi-report-another-woman-465574.html

D-West & PO-Z
04-16-2010, 12:10 PM
i hate when people act like he is a good qb. he has had a great defense that won those superbowls. he is no better than trent dilfer. an average qb that happened to be with great defenses

I would agree his defense was the main reason his first Super Bowl and they had a great run game, but to say he isnt a good QB is ridiculous.

Last year he had the 3rd most passing yards/game, 5th best QB rating, 5th best completion %, 7th most passing yards, and 10th most TD passes.

Now I am assuming you are a Bengals fan but Carson Palmer by comparison had:

24th most passing yards/game, 16th QB rating, 18th completion %, 18th in passing yards, and 15th in TD passes.

Don't let statistics stand in the way of your hatred for Rothlisberger though. There is no doubt the dude is a scum bag, but he is a good QB.

tjb
04-16-2010, 01:48 PM
I would agree his defense was the main reason his first Super Bowl and they had a great run game, but to say he isnt a good QB is ridiculous.

Last year he had the 3rd most passing yards/game, 5th best QB rating, 5th best completion %, 7th most passing yards, and 10th most TD passes.

Now I am assuming you are a Bengals fan but Carson Palmer by comparison had:

24th most passing yards/game, 16th QB rating, 18th completion %, 18th in passing yards, and 15th in TD passes.

Don't let statistics stand in the way of your hatred for Rothlisberger though. There is no doubt the dude is a scum bag, but he is a good QB.
if you want to go with statistics, than look at his overall career numbers. palmers are better. ben had a a pass first off.coord last year and palmer has bob bratkowski. carson playerd in 6 less games and has 1 more td and 1 less int. better pct than ben in his career. i never even mentioned carson anyway. its a team game, not individual. marino, moon, kelly dont have sb rings an they are 3 of the best. dilfer, eli manning and ben have 1 or two and they are decent qbs. the man is overrated

boozehound
04-16-2010, 02:04 PM
We're not talking about QB ability here, we are talking about Ben Rapistberger sexually assaulting women. Let's keep it on topic. ;)

D-West & PO-Z
04-16-2010, 03:08 PM
if you want to go with statistics, than look at his overall career numbers. palmers are better. ben had a a pass first off.coord last year and palmer has bob bratkowski. carson playerd in 6 less games and has 1 more td and 1 less int. better pct than ben in his career. i never even mentioned carson anyway. its a team game, not individual. marino, moon, kelly dont have sb rings an they are 3 of the best. dilfer, eli manning and ben have 1 or two and they are decent qbs. the man is overrated

We must have very different definitions of the term "decent".

xavierj
04-16-2010, 03:36 PM
OJ sure could run. Free the juice.

blobfan
04-16-2010, 03:37 PM
I recently heard him referred to as Ben Rapistberger. I thought it was funny.

EDIT: I do not think the sexual assault allegations are funny. Just the name Rapistberger. Just to be clear, I don't find anything funny about sexual assault.

I think most of us agree that rapists deserve to be ground up into burger meat so I say go with it. But wouldn't the more appropriate name right now be Ben Alleged-Rapistberger? I mean, we don't want to be sued.

BandAid
04-16-2010, 03:48 PM
FWIW - The officer who took the initial report and the only one to interview Big Ben resigned this week. Add him to the list of lives Big Ben has turned upside down...

SI Write-Up (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/04/16/roethlisberger.ap/index.html?eref=sihp)

(Although the officer admits to have sayin nasty things about the victim...so he probably deserved this as well)

gladdenguy
04-16-2010, 08:49 PM

Boozehound is right we need to stay on topic. But, I'm a huge Bengals fan and Carson Palmer is not in the same league as Ben Rapistberger on the football field. Palmers last good season was 06 and he is done. I can't wait til he is gone. And it sickens me how he gets a free pass in this city. He is somewhere between the 22nd and 28th best starting quarterback in the league. But he's a great person.

xubball93
04-17-2010, 06:00 AM
How pathetic is it that Big Ben is an NFL superstar (previously cited SB rings, stats, etc) yet he can't get laid unless he forces himself upon a drunk co-ed?

XU-PA
04-17-2010, 06:16 AM
This is a guy who, despite law enforcement deciding they will not prosecute, has a nasty habit of forcing himself on women who are either much younger than he, drunk or both.
Where's the outrage?
Tiger Woods was raked over the coals by every media outlet in the free world, for weeks, and continues to get the same treatment, his misdeeds were with willing women.
Where's the outrage?
Only now is ESPN taking a close look at this guy and the foul smell surrounding this case. The rest of the National media?? Too busy covering the breaking news that is the annual cherry blossom festival.

tjb
04-17-2010, 09:49 AM
i am fine with staying on topic but when you say he is somewhere between 22nd and 28th makes me think you know nothing about football or sports in general. who do you want to run an offense that is so easy to figure out. he didnt look good last year but when you have a new system to run because your offensive line cant hold a block to let him take a five or seven yard drop, and your rec cant get open, nobody will look good.

Xman95
04-17-2010, 10:01 AM
How pathetic is it that Big Ben is an NFL superstar (previously cited SB rings, stats, etc) yet he can't get laid unless he forces himself upon a drunk co-ed?

That's because he's just a fat hillbilly with a good arm. Being a fat hillbilly probably makes it tough to get women and might also explain why that arm is so strong!

Xman95
04-17-2010, 10:08 AM
Boozehound is right we need to stay on topic. But, I'm a huge Bengals fan and Carson Palmer is not in the same league as Ben Rapistberger on the football field. Palmers last good season was 06 and he is done. I can't wait til he is gone. And it sickens me how he gets a free pass in this city. He is somewhere between the 22nd and 28th best starting quarterback in the league. But he's a great person.

You're not even in the ballpark on that one. Hell, you're not even in the parking lot outside of the ballpark. Palmer's a very good QB and is easily in the Top 20. If he were on better teams, he would probably be considered Top 10 by most.

On the other hand, Toothlessberger is highly regarded primarily because of the team. The guy is good and could wind up being very good, but he's not even close to great. Hell his first Super Bowl came in a season when he averaged about 20 passes per game...and he was downright awful in the SB. They lose in the 2nd SB appearance if AZ doesn't score with so much time left, then go into Prevent Mode. Again, the guy is good, but by no means is he great.

Give me a very good line, a couple of good receivers and my choice of Palmer or fat ass...I'm taking Palmer.

Juice
04-17-2010, 10:55 AM
OJ sure could run. Free the juice.

Thank you

Juice
04-17-2010, 10:58 AM
http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/95003621.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921A343B2C87A49D8F579BA1F39344B0C9E BB66220406715B06086FF6D64CA12A1EE30A760B0D811297

xuab
04-21-2010, 01:05 PM
Suspended for 6 games. Rumors are also out there that Pitt is trying to trade him before the draft.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Report-Roethlisberger-to-be-suspended-four-to-s?urn=nfl,235656

Kahns Krazy
04-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Suspended for 6 games. Rumors are also out there that Pitt is trying to trade him before the draft.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Report-Roethlisberger-to-be-suspended-four-to-s?urn=nfl,235656

That is one insanely expensive piece of ass.

boozehound
04-21-2010, 03:01 PM

Wow. This sets an interesting precedent. Ben was never convicted of anything, so basically he was suspended for 6 games for being a creepy douchebag. He also has to attend a class on how to not act like a creepy douchebag.

The severity of this disciplinary action suggests to me that Goodell is pretty confident he is guilty of at least some infractions regardless of whether or not he was actually charged or convicted.

If Pittsburgh tries to trade him that would further suggest to me that they think he is guilty and want to cut ties with him now before any future charges stick.

I haven't really followed this thing too much until now, but the 6 game suspension has me very intrigued...

wkrq59
04-21-2010, 03:57 PM
I find it amusing to read the comments of Pittsburgh fans in online chat rooms and in the newspapers here and elsewhere in the league.
The general concensus is that because the Georgia authorities did not charge Ben with a crime, everything done by the league is an unfair over-reaction.
I could cite many examples of the NFL's pro-Steeler attitude from as far back as the 1970s, but to what end? A civil suit similar to the one on the books in Las Vegas will be filed and eventually he'll pay the price to settle out of court.
I do think all the reactions I've read, including the allegations that the same things happened at Miami (which definitely would have been covered up by the school's, not the athletic departments lack of openness. And those allegations include a tendency toward ''preference for men."
One reaction from the Burg even included that this is just an example if Cincinnati fans trying to get even for the Kimo Von Knee-slayer incident.
Whatever the length of the suspension, Roethlisberger's pro football career and reputation will never be the same. And it would not surprise me if he ended up in an Oakland uniform where Al Davis doesn't care if you're Jack the Ripper, just so you win baby.:mad::mad::mad:

D-West & PO-Z
04-21-2010, 04:11 PM
I find it amusing to read the comments of Pittsburgh fans in online chat rooms and in the newspapers here and elsewhere in the league.
The general concensus is that because the Georgia authorities did not charge Ben with a crime, everything done by the league is an unfair over-reaction.
I could cite many examples of the NFL's pro-Steeler attitude from as far back as the 1970s, but to what end? A civil suit similar to the one on the books in Las Vegas will be filed and eventually he'll pay the price to settle out of court.
I do think all the reactions I've read, including the allegations that the same things happened at Miami (which definitely would have been covered up by the school's, not the athletic departments lack of openness. And those allegations include a tendency toward ''preference for men."
One reaction from the Burg even included that this is just an example if Cincinnati fans trying to get even for the Kimo Von Knee-slayer incident.
Whatever the length of the suspension, Roethlisberger's pro football career and reputation will never be the same. And it would not surprise me if he ended up in an Oakland uniform where Al Davis doesn't care if you're Jack the Ripper, just so you win baby.:mad::mad::mad:

Everything I have read and heard from the people of Pittsburgh has had the fed up with Ben and wanting him out. He has a bad reputation even just around the city.

Funny you mention Al Davis taking Ben but not the man who has been nicknamed "The Redeemer".

PMI
04-21-2010, 04:31 PM
I know the Steelers are known for being classy and making the right moves and I hope they do dish him to emphasize that. But are they freaking serious about wanting a Top 10 pick for this guy? A top 10 pick in the NFL draft? It really makes me wonder whether they truly have any intention of trading him and/or whether they are just using a door-in-the-face approach and are willing to take something much, much less. I suppose you could make the argument that Oakland is retarded and senile enough to dish a first for a guy who you can make the argument is not even a current top 6-8 NFL QB (not necessarily my personal opinion but I don't think he's top 5 for guys you want to start a team with regardless of reputation off the field) but even the Raiders can't be that dumb, can they? One or more of the following QBs will be available in the top 10 after the first few picks: Clausen, McCoy, LeFever, etc., pretty much everyone but Bradford, so you're going to instead give that pick up to take on a big contract, high-risk player both on and off the field who has a reputation on par with the dayton River? I just don't see it, and I can't honestly imagine that the Steelers believe they can actually get that for him.

Xman95
04-21-2010, 04:48 PM
I know the Steelers are known for being classy and making the right moves and I hope they do dish him to emphasize that. But are they freaking serious about wanting a Top 10 pick for this guy? A top 10 pick in the NFL draft?

If you're a team like the Rams, would you rather take a shot on Sam Bradford or have a guy who has already won two Super Bowls and is still fairly young? How about the Buffalo Bills, Jimmy C. from ND or the guy with multiple SB rings? If a team feels they can handle the bad PR that comes along with Big Ben, giving up just the Top 10 pick isn't bad.

Look, I can't stand the guy and think he's overrated (not a Top 5 QB by any means), but he's good, you know what you can expect from him, he's a proven winner in the NFL, and you don't have to risk $50mil on a kid who might never be good enough to start 20 games. If St. Louis takes Bradford do they really expect him to be a Top 5 QB? Realistically, probably not. But they will expect him to be very good and play at or near a Pro Bowl level for several years...that's something Ben has been doing.

PMI
04-21-2010, 05:05 PM
If you're a team like the Rams, would you rather take a shot on Sam Bradford or have a guy who has already won two Super Bowls and is still fairly young? How about the Buffalo Bills, Jimmy C. from ND or the guy with multiple SB rings? If a team feels they can handle the bad PR that comes along with Big Ben, giving up just the Top 10 pick isn't bad.

Look, I can't stand the guy and think he's overrated (not a Top 5 QB by any means), but he's good, you know what you can expect from him, he's a proven winner in the NFL, and you don't have to risk $50mil on a kid who might never be good enough to start 20 games. If St. Louis takes Bradford do they really expect him to be a Top 5 QB? Realistically, probably not. But they will expect him to be very good and play at or near a Pro Bowl level for several years...that's something Ben has been doing.

If you're STL or Buffalo how are you going to protect a guy who doesn't get rid of the ball. It's not like you have a top 3 defense to get you the field position or guys around him to help much. Look I agree he's a good QB, but is he really elite enough to come in and change a franchise? I would argue no, but on top of that, he's 28 and now has a disastrous reputation. You're going to make him the face of your franchise, fine (that's a bad call but it's your call,) but for a top 10 pick? At the expense of drafting a young QB with the tools to develop and a fine reputation? First round picks are huge deals in the NFL. Top 10 picks are enormous. I don't think he would have been worth it anyway, but NOW, when your stock has dropped like that? You are going to take a 28 year old who is suspended for at least a quarter of the year?

I think the Steelers are making a PR move, making it look like they're shopping him with no real intention of doing it.

Smooth
04-21-2010, 05:05 PM
That's because he's just a fat hillbilly with a good arm. Being a fat hillbilly probably makes it tough to get women and might also explain why that arm is so strong!

You are not in the ball park on this one. You are not even in the parking lot outside the ballpark. Findlay does not have hills, so Rapistberger cannot be a hillbilly. Also, hillbillies have
no problem getting women, although in this case, women is a relative term.

DC Muskie
04-21-2010, 05:18 PM
Also, hillbillies have
no problem getting women, although in this case, women is a relative term.

Now that makes much more sense.

I can't believe Ben got six games. Incredible.

How many games do you think Goodell will suspend Tiger Woods for?

XUglow
04-21-2010, 05:27 PM
How many games do you think Goodell will suspend Tiger Woods for?

Cue discussion on illegal vs. immoral.

GuyFawkes38
04-22-2010, 12:30 AM
I'm not an NFL expert. But I think he'd be worth a top 10 pick. Ben is a top 4 QB in the league. QB is by far the most important position on the field.

On top of that, QB is a really tough position to draft. There's a lot of luck involved. I've often heard that the best thing for team to do is to not pick a QB in the first 3 rounds of the draft because you need value in those rounds and the QB failure rate is too high (is it just me, or do poorly managed teams tend to jump at a QB in the 1st round of the draft).

Jumpy
04-22-2010, 06:04 AM
If you're STL or Buffalo how are you going to protect a guy who doesn't get rid of the ball. It's not like you have a top 3 defense to get you the field position or guys around him to help much. Look I agree he's a good QB, but is he really elite enough to come in and change a franchise? I would argue no, but on top of that, he's 28 and now has a disastrous reputation. You're going to make him the face of your franchise, fine (that's a bad call but it's your call,) but for a top 10 pick? At the expense of drafting a young QB with the tools to develop and a fine reputation? First round picks are huge deals in the NFL. Top 10 picks are enormous. I don't think he would have been worth it anyway, but NOW, when your stock has dropped like that? You are going to take a 28 year old who is suspended for at least a quarter of the year?

I think the Steelers are making a PR move, making it look like they're shopping him with no real intention of doing it.

they're asking price is so high because they don't really want to trade him. It's all window dressing. They want to look like they are doing the right thing, but they know they have no plan B. So, they trump up the asking price in hopes that someone as stupid as Al Davis will actually bite. Remember Hayward-Bay as a top ten pick?

Jumpy
04-22-2010, 06:07 AM
I'm not an NFL expert. But I think he'd be worth a top 10 pick. Ben is a top 4 QB in the league. QB is by far the most important position on the field.

On top of that, QB is a really tough position to draft. There's a lot of luck involved. I've often heard that the best thing for team to do is to not pick a QB in the first 3 rounds of the draft because you need value in those rounds and the QB failure rate is too high (is it just me, or do poorly managed teams tend to jump at a QB in the 1st round of the draft).

From a logical outsider's standpoint, I agree. A top ten pick for a proven QB who's won 2 superbowls and is still in his 20's is no biggie. However, NFL teams put extreme value on first round picks to the point where, to an NFL exec., a top ten pick is worth a multiple probowlers in most cases.

DC Muskie
04-22-2010, 07:52 AM
Cue discussion on illegal vs. immoral.

I'm not sure where that would lead. Big Ben didn't do anything illegal, he was suspended for violating the personal conduct policy of the NFL.

The PGA obviously has no such policy.

I can't believe he gave Ben six games. Six. I thought for sure he'd be suspended for some preseason games and fined heavily. But six games? Wow. As Kahns said earlier that is one expensive piece of ass.

nuts4xu
04-22-2010, 10:11 AM
they're asking price is so high because they don't really want to trade him. It's all window dressing. They want to look like they are doing the right thing, but they know they have no plan B.

I agree with this. They don't want to trade Ben, but they do want to send the message that "This organization is bigger than any player, no matter what position they play. We were willing to trade Ben, and we will get rid of any other sorry ass that wants to soil the reputation of the Shittsburgh Steelers or the Rooney name."

PMI
04-22-2010, 10:30 AM
they're asking price is so high because they don't really want to trade him. It's all window dressing. They want to look like they are doing the right thing, but they know they have no plan B. So, they trump up the asking price in hopes that someone as stupid as Al Davis will actually bite. Remember Hayward-Bay as a top ten pick?

I agree with you. They simply cannot have any intention of actually getting rid of him unless they are A) willing to take much, much less than a top 10 pick or B) convinced that either Al Davis has stopped taking his sanity medications or Dan Snyder has a master plan to destroy the world starting with it's finest nation's capital. QBs that you would consider giving up a top 10 pick for (and I do mean consider): Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, maybe Rivers or one or two others. Even for Manning or Brady, given their age, I'll bet that not all 10 teams in the top 10 would be willing, and these are hall of famers. I think people who think that Roethlisberger is worth a top 10 pick (I mean logically not just because of common standard) are vastly over-valuing the player. There are only a few QBs who you could put on almost any other team and they'd still be among the elite, and I don't believe he is one. Add that in with his North Korea-like reputation and there's just no chance he's worth it.

RealDeal
04-22-2010, 03:46 PM
http://deadspin.com/5520844/another-entry-for-the-big-ben-is-a-cockbag-file

Some pretty funny stuff.

Smooth
04-22-2010, 05:35 PM
B) convinced that either Al Davis has stopped taking his sanity medications

I wasn't aware that he had started.