PDA

View Full Version : Santonio Holmes traded to Jets

THRILLHOUSE
04-11-2010, 11:33 PM
Steelers just traded Holmes to the Jets for only a 5th rounder. I know Holmes has had some off the field problems but I do not get this move at all. Surely they could have gotten better than a 5th for him. Also the Jets could be ridiculously good next year, my new favorites to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

D-West & PO-Z
04-11-2010, 11:38 PM
Steelers just traded Holmes to the Jets for only a 5th rounder. I know Holmes has had some off the field problems but I do not get this move at all. Surely they could have gotten better than a 5th for him. Also the Jets could be ridiculously good next year, my new favorites to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.

Wow interesting. My brother is a Steelers fan, wonder if he has heard. I will have to give him a call.

D-West & PO-Z
04-11-2010, 11:44 PM
They must have felt they needed to get rid of one of their two big headaches of the off season, and it wasn't going to be Big Ben.

As far as the Jets go, they are starting to look pretty good on paper. However, I could see sanchez having a sophomore slump. Just something I don't really trust about the Jets yet.

Juice
04-12-2010, 12:58 AM

He is suspended for the first 4 games of next season plus I think he is pretty close to getting a year suspension from Goodell.

THRILLHOUSE
04-12-2010, 07:10 AM
He is suspended for the first 4 games of next season plus I think he is pretty close to getting a year suspension from Goodell.

He hasn't been suspended yet. From what it sounds like he isn't getting charged with anything either so he shouldn't get suspended, even though that hasn't stopped Goodell before. Suspension or not, Jets committed robbery here by only giving up a 5th round pick.

Xman95
04-12-2010, 10:25 AM
That's the epitome of a "just get the hell out of here" move. Pitt didn't want that nutcase around anymore so they took whatever they could get. I heard they had thought about holding out for Namath's fur coat, but figured they would just take the 5th Rd. pick.

http://returntomanliness.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/joe-namath-fur-coat.jpg